'Don't say gay' bill has passed the Tennessee Senate

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
The Living Shadow said:
TwinRetro said:
Bestiality? Really? That's the only argument you could come up with?

Fuck this, I'm out like a fat kid in dodgeball.

It isn't an argument, it's just a possibility. Everyone screams to have there fair share, right?

People like you make me physically ill. I will not honor your arguments another response. In intelligent debate, it seems you have brought a spork to a swordfight.

TLSS_N

No rice, No life! ~唯
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TwinRetro said:
The Living Shadow said:
TwinRetro said:

It isn't an argument, it's just a possibility. Everyone screams to have there fair share, right?

People like you make me physically ill. I will not honor your arguments another response. In intelligent debate, it seems you have brought a spork to a swordfight.

I think you might have misinterpreted what I meant, I am not, nor will I ever be for bestiality, I mean that there will be some whack job out there screaming for his right to have his child and other peoples children rights to learn about said sexual acts.

palasx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, WTF! I hate my country i really fucking do sometimes. Let me paint for you the mental picture that happened in my head so i can get it out of there before it causes my brain to ass-plode.

Student : "Teacher, is it true that ancient rome, ancient greek, the british monachry circa 1200-1600 a.d., the French, and a whole host of great people who contributed to the progression of humanity all had minorities that prefered same-sex, or homosexual, or GAY partnerships that they held in monogomy during their long healthy and happy lives?"

Teacher : "I cannot answer you. If i tell you the truth, if i TEACH YOU, i will lose my job, my benefits, and my family will starve because the government wants to punish me for sharing the truth my anyone not in high school. Also, that is a run on sentance, go stand in the hall and stop trying to get me fired!"

Other Student : "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!"

Secretly Gay Student : (inner monologue)"OMG! I'm gay! That's so bad my teacher can't even talk about it in class! Im a horrible person. Since i'm gay, if i talk in class my teacher will be fired! I will stop participating, subsequently do badly in school, not go to college, and end up working at WacDonalds all my life, thereby ruining this great country even more! FUCK ME RUNNING!"

yeah, so thats how i see it. like i said, i hate my country a lot these days.

MelodieOctavia

Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Then his or her incoherent ramblings will be drowned out by the vast majority that disagree with his mode of sexuality. Animals are not able to consent in the manner that we do. It's debatable that an animal would consent to having sexual intercourse with another species, but that's for another debate. One that I do not wish to participate in. The prospect, as I said, makes me physically ill.

It's pretty much the same reason NAMBLA/NAMGLA/etc... has never grabbed the public's approval (if it ever will)

You can't compare Homosexuality to any form of sexual deviance. Homosexuality is a sexual preference. Bestiality and pedophilia is a mental sickness.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You know, I'm alright with people in grade 7 learning the sexual stuff. My school taught me it at that year. I was okay with it. Hell we tried getting the teacher to say nuts instead of testicles lol. But to say "yeah, you're not allowed to say gay" you're basically teaching kids that there's no such thing as gay people. And when they finally find someone who's gay, it's going to be a shock. It's not going to teach tolerance or anything. It's not cool.

Sidenote: I didn't know Takei was gay. I love that guy, he's awesome!

TLSS_N

No rice, No life! ~唯
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TwinRetro said:
Bestiality and pedophilia is a mental sickness.

QUOTE(The Living Shadow @ May 21 2011, 06:11 PM) some whack job out there screaming for his right to have his child and other peoples children rights to learn about said sexual acts.

that's what I was trying to say, there crazy and see this happening and demands that he have equal treatment, launch a lawsuit until either he won and they gave in lost in court.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Living Shadow said:
TwinRetro said:

Homosexual and Heterosexuality is on the same coin. It all about human and nothing else in equation like bestiality which is another thing all together.

Homosexual and heterosexuality shouldn't be split. We all are humans.

Saying humans do animals is to far from them two.

Say " Do you want you kids learn about men with animals? No then didn't let them learn about men with men" isn't going to fly.

If you still want to go that way then heterosexuality shouldn't be talk about either.

Stop with the double standers with loose to no reasons.

Are you calling homos crazy?

I bet if homosexuality was the majority wouldn't even pull out that loose reasoning.

TLSS_N

No rice, No life! ~唯
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
The Living Shadow said:
TwinRetro said:

Homosexual and Heterosexuality is on the same coin. It all about human and nothing else in equation like bestiality which is another thing all together.

Homosexual and heterosexuality shouldn't be split. We all are humans.

Saying humans do animals is to far from them two.

Say " Do you want you kids learn about men with animals? No then didn't let them learn about men with men" isn't going to fly.

If you still want to go that way then heterosexuality shouldn't be talk about either.

Stop with the double standers with loose to no reasons.

Are you calling homos crazy?

I bet if homosexuality was the majority wouldn't even pull out that loose reasoning.

no, I wasn't nor will I ever claim that they are crazy.

You can't honestly say that there are people who are out there, that would scream for this to be taught in school if they thought that they had a chance?

Quietlyawesome94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Living Shadow said:
TwinRetro said:
Bestiality and pedophilia is a mental sickness.

QUOTE(The Living Shadow @ May 21 2011, 06:11 PM) some whack job out there screaming for his right to have his child and other peoples children rights to learn about said sexual acts.

that's what I was trying to say, there crazy and see this happening and demands that he have equal treatment, launch a lawsuit until either he won and they gave in lost in court.

Could someone point out to me where it says in the constitution that the state should teach kids about sexual orientation? This country has done just fine for the last 200+ years with this crap in schools (and look where we are now that it is)

State, you worry about more important things like national security and the economy.

Parents, you teach your kids what you think is right and wrong and let your kids decide what they are going to do with it.

MelodieOctavia

Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Everyone with a claim to present to the courts have to be heard by the presiding judge. No judge would ever hear a claim that Bestiality should be legal and taught in schools. The case, and the man presenting it would be thrown out on his ear. Not to mention he would never find an attorney to represent his case.

TLSS_N

No rice, No life! ~唯
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TwinRetro said:
Everyone with a claim to present to the courts have to be heard by the presiding judge. No judge would ever hear a claim that Bestiality should be legal and taught in schools. The case, and the man presenting it would be thrown out on his ear. Not to mention he would never find an attorney to represent his case.

I'm sure there are attorneys out there who are either desperate enough, or corrupt enough that they would take the case.

edit: like I said earlier, bestiality is still legal in Washington state, obviously there are judges out there who would hear and rule in favor of the dependent.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I see that the discussion is getting heated up.

I usually don't touch subjects like this with a 20-feet long pole, but this time I'll make an exception seeing that I'm drinking Red Bull Vodka and I don't really care.

Heterosexuality is the *norm*, it's how humans were designed to sexually interact. The only way to actually get offspring is to mix male and female D.N.A, thus heterosexual intercourse is conscidered "normal" behaviour.

Everything other than a heterosexual intercourse is a deviation. Don't get me wrong though - it doesn't mean it's wrong.

Homosexuality is *not* the norm, however, it is *not* harmful to anyone, thus it is accepted.

Pedophilia is harmful to the child, obviously, thus it is coscidered taboo and is not and will not be accepted.

Bestiality works the same way - you can't ask an animal for consent. Unless it's a dog-on-gal action, seeing that dogs are capable of doing anything from plush toys to tree stumps, the animal is probably not so happy that you're having intercourse with it. Ergo, it is harmful.

I could go on with other deviations, but that's not the point.

The point is that whatever flavour of sexuality you have - it's okay as long as it is not harmful to anyone.

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Children and animals are not able to consent by law like adult humans can. The only reason people bring these things up is because they dislike homosexuality but they can't work out a logical argument against it. It's easy, on the other hand, to make an argument against paedophilia or beastiality, so they try to switch the argument to that.

People do it on the marriage question as well.

"If you let gay people marry, people will want to marry their dogs!"

The logic being gay marriage will = dog marriage, we all agree dog marriage is wrong, therefore gay marriage=wrong

But it's the fact that heterosexuals can get married that means gay people want to get married. So by the same token...

Hetero marriage will = gay marriage, we've established gay marriage is wrong, therefore straight marriage=wrong.

If you can't come up with a decent argument, just say 'I don't think kids should be allowed to discuss homosexuality in school because my brain has been transported into my head from the year 1858' rather than trying to twist the argument into something you can actualy muster up a coherent thought about.

Quietlyawesome94

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Foxi4 said:
I see that the discussion is getting heated up.

I usually don't touch subjects like this with a 20-feet long pole, but this time I'll make an exception seeing that I'm drinking Red Bull Vodka and I don't really care.

Heterosexuality is the *norm*, it's how humans were designed to sexually interact. The only way to actually get offspring is to mix male and female D.N.A, thus heterosexual intercourse is conscidered "normal" behaviour.

Everything other than a heterosexual intercourse is a deviation. Don't get me wrong though - it doesn't mean it's wrong.

Homosexuality is *not* the norm, however, it is *not* harmful to anyone, thus it is accepted.

Pedophilia is harmful to the child, obviously, thus it is coscidered taboo and is not and will not be accepted.

Bestiality works the same way - you can't ask an animal for consent. Unless it's a dog-on-gal action, seeing that dogs are capable of doing anything from plush toys to tree stumps, the animal is probably not so happy that you're having intercourse with it. Ergo, it is harmful.

I could go on with other deviations, but that's not the point.

The point is that whatever flavour of sexuality you have - it's okay as long as it is not harmful to anyone.

AIDS?
ph34r.gif

smile72

NewsBot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Quietlyawesome94, AIDS, is only in a small minority of the gay community, you idiot. It's mainly prevalent among straight blacks in Africa.

TLSS_N

No rice, No life! ~唯
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh, didn't you hear?

edit: post's been removed, but short explanation of my post, A man has been cured of aids due to gene manipulation.

smile72

NewsBot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Quietly, I remember how well that went for African Americans post Reconstruction in the South, I remember hearing in history class about lynching, oh and there was a lot more bullying and harassment of gay men by straights before there were representations of gays on television, and in schools.

TLSS_N

No rice, No life! ~唯
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, I've said my piece and this topic doesn't seem to be going anywhere anymore. seems dead so I'll come back later and check it out.

bye, all.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
"it's how humans were designed to sexually interact"

I will first acknowledge the rest of your post.

On the quoted section you might have some willing to debate you on that-
Short version
As far as procreation goes sure but along the way society formed as a coping mechanism against physics as it were thus procreation can surely not be considered even really as a limit of human sexual practice.

Regarding science itself on a purely mechanical line of thought maybe but biology and indeed all of science is predicated upon multiple systems interacting to produce a larger work.

Equally the nature vs nurture debate seems to have been skipped over- I am quite happy to accept people are born to grow or at least have a very high probability of growing into one of the many sexual preferences but to exclude of all other mechanisms is not something I can get behind.
Not wishing to bring any negative connotations the basis for this logic as I am too lazy at present to go looking for some direct research is some of the stuff that has gone into drug addiction- genetic, social and other factors all have prominent roles in such things.

Re: "children being "confused" by those having parents or multiple parents of the same sex"- is this not the point of education in such matters? Also parents not together/with other partners, single parents, 3 or more parents as it were- how to explain this or even if it is necessary to preface any of it.
I should also mention something along the lines of children are not necessarily small people- their minds work somewhat differently (see most literature aimed at children).

As for other things touched upon
Parents rights are tricky- we have schools and syllabuses precisely to try and ensure those wandering into the world have an understanding of how things work. I am not sure quite how this concession with regards to sexuality was allowed to remain but this might be tangential to the debate or involve politics (I agree that, probably for worse, that it would be political suicide to try and remove the parental ability to prevent such things from being taught).
Case(s) in point we all point and laugh when people attempt to refuse to have their children taught evolution, we all shake our heads when they try to prevent them from learning of other religions/histories, most will quite happily defend those who fail to acknowledge some of the religion based higher education establishments and I will also throw in those who try to prevent vaccinations. Short version- things born of ignorance are not typically celebrated as milestones of civilisation.
I will lob this debate, such that it is, into that mix.

Re: minorities can be left for later. This to my mind is dangerous as it is close to if not outright downplaying of things which can be quite damaging- see people lambasting US news for dedicating a comparatively small amount of time to places other than the US and [current US led warzone] or indeed returning to education for a moment the criticism levelled at the US education system regarding the "average" knowledge of non US geography, healthy eating, non US history, languages and similar things (not wishing to pick on the US much- the same charges are often levelled at most first world countries).

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get it, what's wrong with the word "gay"?
This seems much more offensive than just allowing people to say the word "gay". It's like censoring a culture.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Minox @ Minox:
    No idea what any of those things you mention are
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cholesterol and Triglycerides? Basically a way they measure fatty cells in your blood
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Cholesterol is sorta high, according to my doc
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been taking fiber pills, eating more grapes, switched to wheat bread in hopes to lower it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like wheat bread, I even like the chunky wheat bread with pieces of whole grain in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Been getting this honey wheat bread from aldis pretty decent not very sweet to out do it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Me making any food at home is an improvement to how I use to be
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have an bread machine and use it alot, better than breads you buy, but don't last as long, cause no bs preservatives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits... +1