Hacking Dont Trust xb1emu.com or brad geng aka shikitou the owner

dominater01

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this guy at xb1emu.com is selling emulators that are open source and is selling them without permission and is not giving away any source code and this isnt the first time either because if you google

Brad Geng Google Play DMCA

you'll see he's abusing the dmca take downs even on android

i know he has made the psx and n64 ports and no one else has but they themselves are pretty bad and my guess it was like that to make money off the port since there has not been any ports before of psx and n64

the fact that he's asking for money instead of coming out with updates or releases shows that he's only doing it for the money

he was on gbatemp at one point fighting with us

http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-s...-xbox-one-needs-further-testing.468391/page-2

wiired24's words of wisdom

The emulators in question are all Open Source Emulators. There is nothing wrong with redistributing these emulators. The GPL license which these programs are licensed under allows for that.You wanna talk about ripping people off fine. The emulators that they sell do not include the source code nor have they made the source code for these programs available to the public. Thereby they are violating the GPL. In addition to that they are selling emulators that are broken or just did not work at all at least in my own testing. (Namely WinPSe and WinPSPe both of which either had issues or crashed.) What happens then is people end up losing money because they paid for software that's broken. If that's not the definition of "Ripping people off" I dont know what it is. You know why I purchased them in the first place? Because I didnt want someone from gbatemp or anywhere else to go out of their way to pay for say WinPSe and it not work worth crap and lose $5 of their own hard earned money.

I'm not in the business of ripping people off and regardless nobody is stopping users from going to their website and paying for emulators which may or may not work and that do not include the source code. Here's the thing, I'm not saying they don't have a right to sell these emulators but they are in direct violation to the GPL License from which these programs were licensed under and they are intentionally monetizing on emulators that are broken or do not work very well at all and it sucks to be the guy to pay for something that doesn't work or has several problems and your out of money. I'm not charging for these emulators and when I did release PPSSPP I also respected the license and released the source code with it as well something they did not do. In addition to releasing it with the source code I actually made sure that it worked and was stable for people. The emulators that people download from me are stable and they do work well. The only one that has issues with stability is WinPSe and it is noted as such so people are aware before downloading it. When possible I always try to respect the license of the software.

wiired24

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this guy at xb1emu.com is selling emulators that are open source and is selling them without permission and is not giving away any source code and this isnt the first time either because if you google

Brad Geng Google Play DMCA

you'll see he's abusing the dmca take downs even on android

i know he has made the psx and n64 ports and no one else has but they themselves are pretty bad and my guess it was like that to make money off the port since there has not been any ports before of psx and n64

the fact that he's asking for money instead of coming out with updates or releases shows that he's only doing it for the money

he was on gbatemp at one point fighting with us

http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-s...-xbox-one-needs-further-testing.468391/page-2

wiired24's words of wisdom

The emulators in question are all Open Source Emulators. There is nothing wrong with redistributing these emulators. The GPL license which these programs are licensed under allows for that.You wanna talk about ripping people off fine. The emulators that they sell do not include the source code nor have they made the source code for these programs available to the public. Thereby they are violating the GPL. In addition to that they are selling emulators that are broken or just did not work at all at least in my own testing. (Namely WinPSe and WinPSPe both of which either had issues or crashed.) What happens then is people end up losing money because they paid for software that's broken. If that's not the definition of "Ripping people off" I dont know what it is. You know why I purchased them in the first place? Because I didnt want someone from gbatemp or anywhere else to go out of their way to pay for say WinPSe and it not work worth crap and lose $5 of their own hard earned money.

I'm not in the business of ripping people off and regardless nobody is stopping users from going to their website and paying for emulators which may or may not work and that do not include the source code. Here's the thing, I'm not saying they don't have a right to sell these emulators but they are in direct violation to the GPL License from which these programs were licensed under and they are intentionally monetizing on emulators that are broken or do not work very well at all and it sucks to be the guy to pay for something that doesn't work or has several problems and your out of money. I'm not charging for these emulators and when I did release PPSSPP I also respected the license and released the source code with it as well something they did not do. In addition to releasing it with the source code I actually made sure that it worked and was stable for people. The emulators that people download from me are stable and they do work well. The only one that has issues with stability is WinPSe and it is noted as such so people are aware before downloading it. When possible I always try to respect the license of the software.

Have a look at this. He has a blatant history of this kind of behavior
https://androidcommunity.com/n64-em...ed-out-of-the-play-store-by-copycat-20120409/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BigOnYa, I'll rip a bag off my Volcano to that, brother
    +2
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet