Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand
icongx.png

by Arikado

QUOTE said:
DOP-Mii is a Wii HomeBrew program, originally known as DOP-IOS MOD, that lets the user perform several functions:
-Install or Delete any IOS including STUBs
-Install/Upgrade/Delete the following channels
#Shopping Channel
#News Channel
#Weather Channel
#Photo Channel 1.0 & 1.1
#Mii Channel
-Install any System Menu
-Install an IOS that accepts Fake Signing on a Wii that doesn't have one with a single button press
-Display your Wii's boot2 information
-Upgrade your Wii's boot2 if applicable.
-Receive a detailed report on your Wii's internal workings

You can control the program using the WiiMote, Classic Controller, or GameCube controller.
QUOTE said:
CHANGELOG v13
=============
-Made all of the components in 4.3 available to install (with the exception of the System Menu)
-Changed the fakesign IOS installtion routine to support more users (including some on 4.3)
-Bugfix: The application should now be able to be used by users on 4.3

Notes: Upgrading System Menu to 4.3 is currently disabled as the System Menu will remove the Homebrew Channel.

News Source - We Brew Wii
Official Page - Google Code

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiiman123 said:
Tried it out. Seems to be working nice. No bugs as of yet.

I got a code dump while trying to restore IOS15, but otherwise it worked perfectly. I just installed a clean copy of the newest rev of IOS15 to restore it to normal. I haven't checked yet, but I'm guessing that the complete softmod guide will likely be edited to include this updated version.

Thanks Arikado and Lunatik for your continued work on this project.
yaywii.gif

Edit: I just read the initial post more carefully this time and noticed that the installation of 4.3 is still disabled. It doesn't seem necessary to me to block 4.3 installation since the newest HBC isn't deleted by the installation of 4.3. I guess they're doing this just to protect users that don't want to update to the latest HBC version, but there isn't any reason why you shouldn't have the newest HBC.

jmckutchin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just curious, does anyone know of a guide that'll let me know whether to patch/ES_very/nand permission/etc is a good move or not depending on the IOS? I've heard that you really only need to patch IOS61, is that true? I made the mistake of using Pimp My Wii and now I'm just trying to clean things up a bit.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
wiiman123 said:
QUOTE said:
Notes: Upgrading System Menu to 4.3 is currently disabled as the System Menu will remove the Homebrew Channel.
Isn't that why Team Twiizers changed the Title ID again? It can't uninstall it if it doesn't know its there. I upgraded to 4.3 the normal way after updating to 1.0.7 and it worked fine. I don't see why this would be any different

jakejm79

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jamstruth said:
wiiman123 said:
QUOTE said:
Isn't that why Team Twiizers changed the Title ID again? It can't uninstall it if it doesn't know its there. I upgraded to 4.3 the normal way after updating to 1.0.7 and it worked fine. I don't see why this would be any different

Not if you are running HBC 1.0.6 or below, I believe this app was just upgraded to support 4.3 not that it was a requirement so you could lose 1.0.6 or below if you upgrade the SM. Maybe a more logical approach would have DOP-Mii check the HBC version and if 1.0.7 or above, allow upgrading of the SM to 4.3

OArikadoO

Trophies
Website
arikadosblog.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I'll have upgrading to System Menu 4.3 in the next release. It'll be in the SVN long before then though ;-) Truth is, I just forgot we didn't have it already.

(Can you blame me? I haven't looked at the project since March)

IceIceBird

Trophies
XP
Country
I wish there would be an patch options when installing the system menus also, that would make the top of the i, so to speak.
(and also compatible for those who dont want to upgrade there HBC)

thesund0g

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
xfcrowman said:
... there isn't any reason why you shouldn't have the newest HBC.

Some users are still having serious USB issues, I had to downgrade from 1.0.7 to 1.0.6 because of that. 1.0.8 seems to be working fine for me, but I know others are having issues.

xfcrowman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OArikadoO said:
I'll have upgrading to System Menu 4.3 in the next release. It'll be in the SVN long before then though ;-) Truth is, I just forgot we didn't have it already.

(Can you blame me? I haven't looked at the project since March)

Thanks for the info Arikado. I have been reading up on HW_AHBPROT that allows full hardware access from HBC 1.07 and 1.08. Will future revisions of dop-mii be using this method of hardware access?

I'm know very little about coding (just writing data analysis programs with Matlab) so I apologize if this is a basic/silly question.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==