Status
Not open for further replies.

mathexpert

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi, first post. I have a question. I am at step 7, but I cannot find step 8. Is it a browser problem?Can anybody post step 8,9, and others (if there are any). Did you delete the steps? Or is that the end of the guide? What do you do after you install the patches?

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If anyone here does not know WHY one would need to downgrade anything being on system menu 4.0 you should definitely NOT be doing this at all.

Even if you do know, if you bought your Wii this year at all you should DEFINITELY not be following this or anything like it.

Noobs need to read the stickies, not dig up threads from half a year ago.

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm not being mean, I'm telling people to not follow this because you shouldn't be doing this anymore because it can brick your Wii in some cases. Especially cases where you are following old guides blindly from last year.

You don't need to downgrade and there is no step 8 anyways and there are better, easier, and safer guides that are in the stickies that you should be following.

I suggest starting out with my guide in my sig and then following one of the guides I linked to at the end. You should try to understand what you are doing first before jumping in and blindly doing things and the purpose of my guide is to teach you just that.

Probowl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I printed out the instructions for downgrading versions and I don't know what I did wrong, but when I finished and exited out to the wii home menu my wii went to a blank screen and now I have nothing but a blank screen when I power it on. I am desperate to resolve this! My wife is going to kill me when she finds out. If anyone can PLEASE help me out with my stupidity I would appreciate it so much!

Thank you!

ante80

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Probowl said:
I printed out the instructions for downgrading versions and I don't know what I did wrong, but when I finished and exited out to the wii home menu my wii went to a blank screen and now I have nothing but a blank screen when I power it on. I am desperate to resolve this! My wife is going to kill me when she finds out. If anyone can PLEASE help me out with my stupidity I would appreciate it so much!

Thank you!

Why downgrade in the first place?
As stated above, this is an older guide. And its possible to brick your wii.

What versions is your wii? check the serialnumber to see if its starts with LU64 or higher.
If it's lower, did you by any chance install bootmii as boot2, prior to downgrading? And made a nand backup.

tymberwyld

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried this and I receive Error "AddTitle??" -1017 (or something like that - disappears, too fast to read). I have a 4.2U System and the Serial is LU66... Any ideas why this wouldn't work? I followed the directions step by step several times.

kingjak21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The link to the archive won't work for me
frown.gif
is there something wrong —> http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?miklyyammmo

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This thread should be locked. You should not be downgrading your system menu for any reason at this point and especially not with this guide.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Daco said:
this guide is useless and asks for a idiot to brick his wii.
love,
Daco

PS: IM SO AWESOME IT HURTS
Agreed xD

I think I'm going to report it, and ask a Mod if he could close/edit it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: https://torrentfreak.com/one-nintendo-dmca-notice-just-wiped-out-8535-yuzu-emulator-forks-240502/