Hacking Downgrade IOS and No Update?

personager

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was wondering if I could downgrade an IOS (IOS35) to restore the trucha bug and also make it possible for games that need IOS updates to not ask for the update? Everytime I downgrade IOS35 and try to run a game that usually asks for an IOS update if you don't have the newest version/needed IOS(s) (for example: The Conduit, Ghostbusters), it asks me for the update and then overwrites my IOS35 with the newest one, without the trucha bug and then I have to downgrade it again. Is there a way that I can downgrade IOS35 (or any other IOS for that matter) and run the game(s) without it asking for an update. Are there any other ways other than using BrickBlocker or Gecko OS?

Any answers are appreciated
Thanks

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
personager said:
I was wondering if I could downgrade an IOS (IOS35) to restore the trucha bug and also make it possible for games that need IOS updates to not ask for the update? Everytime I downgrade IOS35 and try to run a game that usually asks for an IOS update if you don't have the newest version/needed IOS(s) (for example: The Conduit, Ghostbusters), it asks me for the update and then overwrites my IOS35 with the newest one, without the trucha bug and then I have to downgrade it again. Is there a way that I can downgrade IOS35 (or any other IOS for that matter) and run the game(s) without it asking for an update. Are there any other ways other than using BrickBlocker or Gecko OS?

Thanks

IOS35 should not really be downgraded anymore to restore the trucha bug anyways. Use the Trucha Bug Restorer to downgrade IOS15, install an IOS36 with the trucha bug and ES_Identify, then restore IOS15. Then run a recent cIOS installer like 13a or 14 and have it use IOS36 to install. Then you will have the trucha bug in IOS36 and in IOS249. If any games ask for an update, you can run dop-IOS v7 and have that install the most recent version of any IOS that isn't updated to the most recent ones that said game wants to update, and if you really need to you can also have it patch the sig hash check (trucha bug) into it as well. Once you have the trucha bug in IOS249 though there isn't all that much need to have it in anything else aside from like IOS60 for loading wad's from the sd card menu. But once you do have that cIOS installed dop-IOS does let you patch the sig hash check into any IOS if you so choose.

personager

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nabster92 said:
personager said:

Thanks

IOS35 should not really be downgraded anymore to restore the trucha bug anyways. Use the Trucha Bug Restorer to downgrade IOS15, install an IOS36 with the trucha bug and ES_Identify, then restore IOS15. Then run a recent cIOS installer like 13a or 14 and have it use IOS36 to install. Then you will have the trucha bug in IOS36 and in IOS249. If any games ask for an update, you can run dop-IOS v7 and have that install the most recent version of any IOS that isn't updated to the most recent ones that said game wants to update, and if you really need to you can also have it patch the sig hash check (trucha bug) into it as well. Once you have the trucha bug in IOS249 though there isn't all that much need to have it in anything else aside from like IOS60 for loading wad's from the sd card menu. But once you do have that cIOS installed dop-IOS does let you patch the sig hash check into any IOS if you so choose.
Right. Any particular reason why IOS35 shouldn't be downgraded and IOS36 should? Is it because the majority of homebrew these days require a downgraded/trucha bugged IOS36? Also, I already have cIOS Rev14 installed and IOS249 and I also have Dop-IOS and a trucha bugged IOS60. So basically, as long as I have all the newest versions of all the IOSes even if all of them have the trucha bug in them, the games won't ask for the update, right? So I'll just run Dop-IOS and re-install my trucha bugged IOS35 with it's newest version, make sure I have the newest version of IOS60 (which is trucha bugged) and download the newest version of IOS36 and restore the trucha bug in it and the ES_Identify patch. Am I right?
Also, if someone's kind enough, can they briefly explain what the ES_Identify patch is and what it does?

Thanks

nabster92

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
It doesn't really hurt to downgrade IOS35 if your Wii can do it, but it can't be done on all Wii's. Boot2v4 Wii's cannot downgrade IOS35 the way comex's downgrader does it, but they can have IOS15 downgraded via the Trucha Bug Restorer as can any Wii, so it's safer to recommend using the Trucha Bug Restorer to anyone rather than downgrading IOS35. IOS36 isn't really downgraded with the TBR, IOS15 downgraded is just used to install a recent IOS36 with the trucha bug intact, and then IOS15 is restored to normal as it's done its part.

If you already have cIOS installed then you can use dop-IOS to patch the sig hash check and ES_Identify in IOS36 and don't need the Trucha Bug Restorer to do it. But anyways, just go through the more important IOS's and just check if there is a more recent version of them like IOS35, 36, 38, 53, and 55. (Pretty much any IOS that it says that some games run off of.)

personager

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So yes. As long as I have all the newest versions of all the IOS's even if they're trucha bugged, the game won't ask for the update. I'll do that then and just restore the trucha bug on IOS35 or IOS36 by using Dop-IOS. To make sure that I have all the newest versions of all IOS's can I just update to System Menu 4.1E again? I'm sure that'll just install all the newest IOS's on the Wii. Also, can someone please, briefly explain to me what exactly the ES_Identify patch does?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Nighty night