jabjab

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep another new guy posting asking for help
smile.gif

Anyway got the Acekard2 on saturday and all seems well until i try some download play.

My understanding was that the acekard could act as 'host' for local multiplayer games from a single (AK) cart.

I am using the latest standard firmware version from acekard site (10) and have soft reset+cheats disabled.

Using euro Mario kart i can only get the white screens with black nintendo symbol on the client and communication error on the host cotaining AK.
This is with download play patch both on and off.

I see this got a pass in the review, is this because of the firmware version or am i doing something dumb? (cooking mama worked!)
(tried with a 2gb sandisk sdsdq-e11mk from games folder and a 1gb jap kingston from root, untrimmed rom.)

Thanks for any help.

h4n9m4n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried with Mario Kart and it worked. Are you changing global settings or game-specific settings? I went to START > Patches > DS Download Play Enabled. I didn't set it separately for the game itself.

jabjab

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah from 'start button' ive not touched any ini files as only got it saturday. (doesn't start change the global i dont know how to do individual^^)
have tried usa and euro versions now with no success.

jabjab

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
as i said above i had soft reset and cheats disabled, i think mario kart was one of the games soft reset didn't work in anyway.
seems to be a few more having problems with mario kart on acekard forums but no progress for us yet.

jabjab

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
h4n9m4n said:
I tried with Mario Kart and it worked. Are you changing global settings or game-specific settings? I went to START > Patches > DS Download Play Enabled. I didn't set it separately for the game itself.
Just thinking, i didn't know how to set games up individually so sounds like either custom firmware or my noobiness. If custom firmware thats maybe why works for you?
Anyways i managed to get it to work with bliss custom firmware on acekard forums for people still stuck
http://www.acekard.com/bbs/viewthread.php?...;extra=page%3D2

jabjab

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chedderknight said:
i can get download play for mario kart, but I cant get it to work on New Super Mario Bros
you can get download play on mario kart with the newest standard acekard firmware? not tried mario bros

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right... +1