SjemBo1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello,
I can't get DQ5 to work on my DSX. I've patched the game with DSATM, and I arm7-fixed it after that, with Curley's method.
Still doesn't work. What do I need to do?

Does this game even work on the DSX?

Thank you for help
smile.gif

MrSpud

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Some people are still having issues running it on up-to-date carts like the Cyclods, so chances are pretty slim for you. Your only hope is if a few people gather here and tell us their experience, like the previous thread on Chrono trigger. If you don't get an answer here, you most likely will never get it to work. Square Enix has been putting out updated copy protection on their latest tittles, giving flashcart company something to keep them busy updating their firmware. Maybe you should take a look at the Chrono trigger thread below, maybe the solution to the problem is the same for DQ5?

Good luck anyway, hopefully more people will take interest in this problem and report here but very few people still own a functionning Ds-x cart and Square Enix has had something like three or four different copy protection since the last Ds-x update of June 19, 2007
ohmy.gif

sanchox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have gotten DQV to work with my ds-x. I used dslazy to arm patch it first, then I applied the cheat with DSATM. 5.5hrs into the game and it is going fine! good luck.

Senrii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I tried that many many times, but it just doesn't work for me.....
frown.gif

You are using the American or the EU ROM? (Doesn't really matter, I guess..)

sanchox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am using the european rom, the 1.1.3b firmware for the ds-x, this cheat:

Protection Bypass Cheat
0200819C E3A00000
020081A0 E12FFF1E

i am using this arm7 file with dslazy .6

the final file size is 118,368,840 bytes.

one thing i did was test the rom after each step. i tried it fresh, i tried it post arm7 patch, then i tried it after the dsATM cheat application... this might possibly help you spot a problem.

i hope this works for you-- i am definitely enjoying the game. good luck!

etrinity

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I used sanchox's ARM and ARM7fixa, and it worked nicely. I tried several methods before and had no luck (which is where I eventually came across this forum.)

Hope this helps.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: yawn