Yumil

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
FriedGinger.com
XP
Country
United States
I got the rest of the locations for the profile and have done the event tab(I probably just rename it flags as it's just available classes and zoom locations), the first clear tab, and am now working on the party tab.

I've translated the items list and the accessory list so far. So, I've got the weapons, head, torso, wrist, legs, feet, and skill stuff to do before this tab is done. Ill probably have it done in a few hours and I'll release it then(may not be the most pretty thing youve seen though as the positions are in dire need of tweaking), but it'll be a mostly usable translation patch(even if the item tab isn't translated, it'll be mostly usable since you'll know what items are what), I'll clean it up in the oncoming days.

Missing Number

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
pretty sweet translation

just wish there was a preview for the appearance modifier

cuz though i have patty's hair on a chick, i had to get it through trial and error, and its colorless and i have no idea how to give it color since the regular numbers dont work on it

Yumil

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
FriedGinger.com
XP
Country
United States
Got tired doing it so didn't get all the armor done, will try to get to it tomorrow:
Newest version is here

What's done:
  • First three tabs
  • Most of the party tab
  • Weapon names
  • Shield names
  • Accessory Names
  • Item names
I'll try to get the rest of the armor and work on the skills tomorrow. I was skimping on another project to do this, so I want to get some work done on that, but I don't want to leave this half translated either.

Again, the only part that's really formatted fully is the general tab. I will fix where the strings are soon, just need to take a pen and paper and play around with hawkeye to see what would be a good position for each item then edit the il to reflect that. I'll fix what I've done so far after I finish the equipment translations and skill translation.

If you see any errors, please notify me so that I can fix them. I've been rushing this, so I probably made a few mistakes. Giving it a once over looks fine, but I do not mind fixing my mistakes for ya'll.

Hope this is helpful for ya'll, I'll see you guys again sooner or later:)

Zaraf

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
VERY nice work! I'm looking forward to your further progress!
smile.gif

winters

Trophies
XP
Country
NDStemp said:
winters said:
capturep.gif

Here's my translation of it, my japanese is pretty bad, so feel free to correct it
smile.gif

EDIT: Those buttons on the right says preset.

It's Chinese isn't it? Not Japanese. ;o

For the sake of argument, the editor is in japanese for the most part. The only thing that appear to be in chinese when I went through it briefly are the item/weapon names and the main tabs.

I guess that's why it's V1. Regardless the two are pretty similar, so if you can read one you can read the other (at least for this editor).

EDIT: be great if someone who is going through the appearances take a photo/screenshot of each one while they're at it. Be great as a guide for the rest of us lazy folks.

Chaotik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Damn ... sorry guys, I didn't knew this was a translation of the JP one =\

Great work, by the way! xD

Oh, here's some character editor goodness ( done in the JP version ):

up7884.jpg

Missing Number

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
whats the numbers on those hairstyles and the hair color?

i mean my character looks cute with pure white hair, but it'd be nice to know how to get some color (hopefully blue/blonde isn't the only option)

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yumil said:
Got tired doing it so didn't get all the armor done, will try to get to it tomorrow:
Newest version is here

What's done:
  • First three tabs
  • Most of the party tab
  • Weapon names
  • Shield names
  • Accessory Names
  • Item names
I'll try to get the rest of the armor and work on the skills tomorrow. I was skimping on another project to do this, so I want to get some work done on that, but I don't want to leave this half translated either.

Again, the only part that's really formatted fully is the general tab. I will fix where the strings are soon, just need to take a pen and paper and play around with hawkeye to see what would be a good position for each item then edit the il to reflect that. I'll fix what I've done so far after I finish the equipment translations and skill translation.

If you see any errors, please notify me so that I can fix them. I've been rushing this, so I probably made a few mistakes. Giving it a once over looks fine, but I do not mind fixing my mistakes for ya'll.

Hope this is helpful for ya'll, I'll see you guys again sooner or later:)
DAMN nice job so far! Keep it up.
biggrin.gif

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so does this allow you to have new options with making your character? is that what that picture was about?

Donkey132

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chaotik said:
Damn ... sorry guys, I didn't knew this was a translation of the JP one =\

Great work, by the way! xD

Oh, here's some character editor goodness ( done in the JP version ):

up7884.jpg
ok after messing with this for awhile I have figured out how to get these hairstyles.

The one in a bun with a bow is hairstyle 53 color 36
The Long ponytail with a bow is hairstyle 52 color 32
there is also a shoulder length hairstyle which is 51 color 32

from what I can tell those special hairstyles only have one color (well 2 if you count white)

PSI Ground

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really want to use this for the Map editor. I could make some pretty sweet challenge maps to troll people with via Tag Mode.
biggrin.gif

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dvergr said:
Here what i got when try to open the save file.

I am using No$gba and Bahamut version.

:wtf: Is that the newest download? Its looks like its gotten a lot farther then I thought. Looks like I'm a gona have to crack open WINE and see if I can get this working on my Mac.

Donkey132

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
.Darky said:
Donkey132 said:
from what I can tell those special hairstyles only have one color (well 2 if you count white)
Are you sure? Man, that kinda sucks.
frown.gif
yeah i tried many different combos and could never get the haircolor to be different. I think it's because they are special npc hairstyles, so the only color that shows up is what color it is on the npcs.

PaRaLLeL22

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do hope Yumil gets to finish the translation. I'm thrilled to get all the treasure maps! Sucks to be on a place where DQ isn't that popular.

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dvergr, try converting the save to a raw sav file. Might work

Also I think he wanted to see the Japanese/Chinese text so he could translate it to figure out what the error is.

Chaotik

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
dvergr said:
Still got tthis message after installing East Asian Language installer.

or the editor didn't compability with no$gba sav files.

That's not it ... kind of. The editor only supports FLASH 512Kbytes save files ( aka: SD Cards save type ), just change the save type in the emulator to FLASH 512KBytes and save one time ( check the .sav size to be sure ).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Murica