Newcomer
Trophies
Website
FriedGinger.com
XP
Country
United States
mastersord said:
Devil maps are weird. I suspect they are legacy Boss maps. They are compatible with any location number. There is a "monster level" parameter that goes from 0-255 and an "unknown" parameter below that goes from 0-999. In addition, there is a "monster" combo box with 13 options. Further testing is needed and I'm anxious for Yumil to finish translating this section of the editor.

I have no idea how to get anything more useful than this out of the editor as it stands. Since all we have access to are the seed parameters of the map, the only thing this is good for is for copying a map from another save file if you find a good one, and possibly studying the result patterns of the RNG.

When you're done editing, save the file and run it through the converter. This time set the target format to "Action replay Max DS" and the source format to "AceKard 2| CycloDS|...". The result should work on your AR Max.
The Devil maps are the Legacy maps.

I've restarted working on it, but had a scare yesterday when my machine had a massive hardware failure(cooling problem, my fan for my hard drives went out and fried one drive and nearly fried another). I had everything backed up, but it was still a big scare. I'm still getting all my tools re-situated and what not, but it may be a little bit before .7 due to that big hiccup.

Pretty much this is just good for manipulating the rng, but I may be able to reverse how he's figuring out what the rng produces and may be able to give us something a little more. This is a big if though as I don't know if I have that much time to invest in it and it's going to be more in depth than just translating stuff or the string hack I did.

EDIT: I don't know why everyone keeps talking about redoing AR saves, it allows for duc files. If you click the file type drop down while in the open dialog it has an option for .duc files and you can use that for your AR save, I do:)

Arek1985

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to say thanks for all your hard work Yumil. The Save Editor made it very convenient for unlocking the extra quests. Also it made it very simple to get the Inn expansion and guests. So kudos for all the hard work.

mastersord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I could see the source code, I might be able to help in figuring out what does what. I'm assuming it's in some .NET language (VB.NET, C#, or something else). I work with VB and can read some C# and Java script. Time is also an issue for me due to my real job.

Don't worry too much about it though. If you can finish the front pannel and the boss list, I'd be happy.

BurlyEd

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
@mastersord

Are you the same mastersord that used to hack Pokemon FRLG and Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire GSA codes back in 2003/4 on GameFAQs? I was BurleyEd back then.

grog.gif
lecture.gif

mastersord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BurlyEd said:
@mastersord

Are you the same mastersord that used to hack Pokemon FRLG and Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire GSA codes back in 2003/4 on GameFAQs? I was BurleyEd back then.

grog.gif
lecture.gif

Yeah, I remember you from the Lufia RoL board! How's it going?
grog.gif

mastersord

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BurlyEd said:
I am hooked on DQIX, and this save editor. What fun!
Waiting for Joker 2. I hope it has as much replay value as DWM I did!

grog.gif
lecture.gif

I've got a back-log of games at the moment and I'm left with about 2-3 hours a day to play them. I just can't finish anything before a new game diverts my attention.

I've hacked a lot of games but to be clear, I only did organization and some code translations for Pokemon. True credit goes to Pokemonhacker and several others I've cited in my FAQ. Pokemon Mystery dungeon on the other hand, i can claim at least some credit for.

Anyway, back to DQIX. If the map window is correct, the formula for monster rank discussed at GameFAQs does not completely dictate the range of treasure box ranks.

patz

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thailand
Did anyone make the dream treasure map for quest 123? I have been try generating this map but never succeed. Would be nice if anyone could tell me map and seed number.

BaraNoTenshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yumil you saved my life xD

My save file got corrupted and I didn't know how to do, but just opening it w/ the Sav Editor and saving it back (even w/out changing anything at all) the sav was restored to the previous save point *O*
so I didn't have to start back again (for the fifth time xD)

I even got to modify some of my characters face and hair which I didn't like *O*

thank you very much!! >O<

I see sav corruption error is common on the internets so if someone knows ppl who had the same problm just tell this method works *O*

Isaac_GS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both. The save file is the same between regions (like with most games except maybe Pokemon), but the editor itself is in Japanese so we english speakers had no idea what to do with it until Yumil started translating the application.

BTW, Thanks Yumil, this program is a godsend even without a 100% translation! Take your time finishing it.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How exactly does this thing work? I've put in a lot of hours thus far, and I don't want to mess up my current save. Does it add things to your current save, or must you create a completely new save to be used with the game?

PhantomReaper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It allows you to edit your current save file, so there's no need to start a new one. You don't have to worry about your file being deleted or anything, trust me.

DemonicChocobo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GeekyGuy said:
How exactly does this thing work? I've put in a lot of hours thus far, and I don't want to mess up my current save. Does it add things to your current save, or must you create a completely new save to be used with the game?
Yeah, it just adds...or rather modifies whats already there. If you're truly worried, make a back up of your pre-modified save file then open up the other copy of the save using the Editor. This is what I did. You'll find that it basically reads all the data stored and fills everything out for you. At this point, you can freely modify anything and do things like add gold to yourself or your bank, increase the quantity of a certain item in your bag, add MORE items, modify your character appearances, and perhaps the most useful function, adding 30 guests to your Inn.(I recommend doing this rather than forcefully increasing your Inn's rank.)

While it is mostly safe, I always make sure to make backups everytime because it is possible to accidentally do some potentially harmful things like accidentally modifying your Baramos map and losing it, deleting a party member, or saving a weapon over one of your rarer ones.

alexmaster13

Trophies
XP
Country
France
hi, I have a problem of corrumpted file, after 16hours I have a crash ig, a black screen, I restarted my DS and the game, they propose me a quick save I load it and it say the save is corrumpt,
I test the save editor but itch tentative to change something with the editor dont work when I load the game it start with a save without all the modification I did,
plz sbdy can help me and sry for my bad english^^

Didu50

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I Need help just opening the save editor. I'm running Windows XP service pack 3 and I can't open the editor. " The application failed to initialize properly" I just keep getting that message

BaraNoTenshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
the editor on the save before the one you are in, cause the one you are in corrupted, so you lose some data, but it's better than starting back from the beginning *O*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==