Hacking Dreamcast folder in Data East Arcade Classics

teq

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was looking through the ISO on WiiScrubber and there are a lot of interesting folders that seem to be empty. Amongst them is a "ROMS" folder with sub folders for NeoGeo and Dreamcast GDROM.

Could it be possible that it has a functional Dreamcast emulator?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So...just because it has an empty folder named "Dreamcast", you think there is a functional Dreamcast emulator on a disc containing games from well before the dreamcast was even made?
unsure.gif

Hmm...maybe...

loader.jpg

Wow! Look what I found! Maybe I have a working gamecube USB emulator on my hard disk!!!
laugh.gif

Skiller

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
there using a generic emu its the same one iv run into on the PS2 .. each game runs everything from a few little sections of ASM .. one for STB,STH and STW .. there is a chance u could add games to it .. iv seen it done on the Systems .. but u would have to replace games that already exist or add the link to the new file into the main file ..

and this is only if they did nothing to the actual rom ..

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well if that was the case, then this would be a perfect game to use with riivolution. it would mean you can play all your roms right from the sd card.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Wever said:
So...just because it has an empty folder named "Dreamcast", you think there is a functional Dreamcast emulator on a disc containing games from well before the dreamcast was even made?
unsure.gif
Because everybody knows if you put a dreamcast ROM and an NES ROM on the same disc, it catches fire!

They could be re-using a setup for some other collection, does anybody know if any dreamcast games were ported? Especially stuff like off-sports titles nobody really pays attention to.

teq

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yuyuyup said:
I think unveiling the mystery folder was interesting enough even if it might be silly to think it would be a dc emulator

My phrasing was slighted, but what I meant was an emulator pertaining to the Dreamcast.

Going along with what Skiller said, I was wondering why ten year old code would be kept around amongst a vaguely similar architecture.

Besides, this game was going to be glossed over; I thought this might bear some interest.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Det1re said:
Fail 'cause the "Empty folder" tooltip.
The tooltip is just what makes it funny (remember: the "Dreamcast" folder is empty on the disc as well).

(I admit it would've been better without the "look at me being 1337"-speak...but my funny muscles don't get up until 7AM)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGClRsx0x64