DS #2380: Guitar Hero: On Tour (USA)

SleepingDragon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I definitely am all for hacks that give us more songs, but I wouldn't even be interested in playing it without the guitar grip. Using the d-pad and buttons just wouldn't be the same.

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jesterscourt said:
Can't wait until the custom songs hack comes out. I'd give it a week.

Messed up tip of the day:

Toysrus.com is currently running a buy 2 ds games get 1 free. Add 3 copies of Guitar Hero DS to a shopping cart. Remove the free picks. One free copy of guitar hero with the purchase of 2. Now it gets freaky. It's like 6 bucks shipping. You and a friend need a copy of Guitar Hero. So you split the cost of those two, you would have paid around 2.50 in tax anyhow. Return the third copy of guitar hero at Best Buy or another retailer. Free $50 gift card. Weird.
Well, pretty much all of the main files of the game are located in one .gob file inside the rom. Someone will need to figure out how to open up/modify that file for the game to be editable. Well, probably.
tongue.gif

gizmo_gal

QWEEN of the RadioActive Force!!!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
68 USERS--26 members are looking at this thread--all at once. I dont think I've seen this sort of buzz in a release thread in a long, long while--if ever, as I haven't been here that long...and no big games have come out since I was here. except TWEWY, which I dont think got this sort of responce....

Edit: Corrected my numbers to be clearer.

asher

^ Liar
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
gizmo_gal said:
68 USERS--26 members are looking at this thread--all at once. I dont think I've seen this sort of buzz in a release thread in a long, long while--if ever, as I haven't been here that long...and no big games have come out since I was here. except TWEWY, which I dont think got this sort of responce....

ha! thats nothing ...

remember phantom hourglass? or brawl?

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gizmo_gal said:

are you kidding me?
theres at least at one point in the topics where 20 people looking at the games that come out that dont even have a popular name
and TWEWY had like 500 people reading. or 300. somewhere in the hundreds
FFC:RoC also had hundreds
dont be surprised, maybe you just dont look there..

if that sounded mean, im not trying to be
im just surprised you havent seen the numbers we've had

Deleted member 110780

WRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doomsday Forte said:
You know, it wasn't until someone mentioned hacking it to work with the buttons that I remembered previous GH installments working just fine without the actual guitar (didn't even require strumming). Granted, they could've easily skipped over this feature since it's impossible to purchase the cart without the add-on new from the store, but what happens if you break or lose the attachment? They could provide a replacement one online or in stores, but....

I don't know, seeing how there are four fret buttons and either the +Control Pad or ABXY...that's a little much to remove. But it was coded specifically to be held sideways, so I dunno.
lol there's a few copies on eBay without the frets(adapter). I hope this can be purchased separately.

SkankyYankee

GBAtemp Advanced Skank
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SpikeyNDS said:
jesterscourt said:
Can't wait until the custom songs hack comes out. I'd give it a week.

Messed up tip of the day:

Toysrus.com is currently running a buy 2 ds games get 1 free. Add 3 copies of Guitar Hero DS to a shopping cart. Remove the free picks. One free copy of guitar hero with the purchase of 2. Now it gets freaky. It's like 6 bucks shipping. You and a friend need a copy of Guitar Hero. So you split the cost of those two, you would have paid around 2.50 in tax anyhow. Return the third copy of guitar hero at Best Buy or another retailer. Free $50 gift card. Weird.
Well, pretty much all of the main files of the game are located in one .gob file inside the rom. Someone will need to figure out how to open up/modify that file for the game to be editable. Well, probably.
tongue.gif

Would it be possible to do it with AR codes ala Phantom Hourglass?

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Especially Ring of Fates because it didn't want to work for a majority of the people here, hence it having a massive topic and big interest too. =P @tinymonkeyt

Dio said:
lol there's a few copies on eBay without the frets(adapter). I hope this can be purchased separately.

Oh dear, people are going to make a quick buck off of stupid people again. *remembers the "BUY THE N64 (box) FOR $999" thing or whatever it was*

Narin

The Cheat Master, kupo!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
cheats.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
SkankyYankee said:
Would it be possible to do it with AR codes ala Phantom Hourglass?

Might be possible with an ASM codes. Basically hack the assembly code that the game comprises of that controls the fret hardware and changes it to use the buttons instead. I really a really talented fellow who created assembly codes that I use today in the cheat database to allow you to change the backlight settings in the DS during game play as well as to use the motion pack hardware and other hardware on DS games not originally supporting them.

gizmo_gal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, I wasn't hear when any big games were released. And I mainly meant the thread had only been open for a few moments and people were already all over it--at this late hour, but maybe its only a late hour for me.

@tinymonkeyt--of course that wasn't mean. Your not mean at all and you were only stating facts.

*yawn* I'm not big on Roms myself and dont generally follow the releases of them so I generally miss the big parties that pile into the forums for them/

Edit: I sent this too soon.

DespizingU

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SleepingDragon said:
I definitely am all for hacks that give us more songs, but I wouldn't even be interested in playing it without the guitar grip. Using the d-pad and buttons just wouldn't be the same.

Agreed. Even if a hack comes out for this game, I'm still buying it just for that adapter. I'm sure the game won't be as much fun(if fun at all) without the frets. Actually I'm going tomorrow to buy the game. I passed it up today when I saw it just because I didn't know if the game sucked or not. But I saw a couple videos and it looks really good. Plus having Guitar Hero on the go is worth the money too. This will be a nice one to add to the collection of forty or so DS games I've purchased so far.

gizmo_gal

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Curley5959 said:
So will this work if i buy an attachment for it and use it with a rom??
that seems to be the understanding--good luck finding an attachment though as the game just came out--if you can find a used copy, then its probably coming with the game.

kreatosoupa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Nobody's posted a pic of the add-on?
rolleyes.gif

guitar-hero-on-tour.jpg

There ya go... I didn't know what it looked like so I guess there must be others as well.

Maverick_z

When did i join again??
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Honestly, why would someone dump this knowing that without that attachment the game won't work, unless they know of a hack to make it work

Fieryshadowz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maverick_z said:
Honestly, why would someone dump this knowing that without that attachment the game won't work, unless they know of a hack to make it work
Because you can still buy the game for the attachment and then play the game on your Slot-1 with the Attachment on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Diddy - "I never touched her, that bitch is crazy." Video is released. Diddy - " Ok I did it, i am remorseful for my actions during my darkest times." Lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Glad that the Diddler got caught once again.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Iran ran out of options
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought I saw a puttie snatch...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself) and I had a spare XSX and Switch I ended up selling him at pretty steep cuts. I would just give them to him, but I did buy them with the intent to sell them... and college is super expensive.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A little yeah...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, [insert wut here]
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm a little hi, but bout to fix that.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now I'm low, i was upstairs in my wifeys kitchen, now I'm downstairs in my dungeon.(My basement)
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    do you mind? i snuck in with amiibo and jars, and am trying to do my thing brony style
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    have you ever regretted saying something immediately after saying it?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nah what i was doing was trying to cure my ever-so-apparent crabs
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: nah what i was doing was trying to cure my ever-so-apparent crabs