uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Domination said:
Fabis94 said:
Domination said:
Raika said:
Ahh, my download "completed" when it hasn't even completed! Damn, I'm gonna have to REDOWNLOAD the whole thing!!!
hate2.gif

Don't use torrents, those suck. Its already spread around the web.

If you don't have your hands growing out of your ass, torrents can be a lot easier and faster.

The stress is on can because a lot of the rom hosting sites on the net can download at faster speeds than torrents. I just finished mine in 16 minutes, its average 10mb per second, and the site is trustworthy.

But then I should have added "IMO" instead, because there are always people who don't agree.

Gonna play it now!
10mb/s? You lucky little shit, mine's 10-20kb/s...
hate2.gif

Fabis94

Xbawx playa
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Domination said:
Fabis94 said:
Domination said:
Raika said:
Ahh, my download "completed" when it hasn't even completed! Damn, I'm gonna have to REDOWNLOAD the whole thing!!!
hate2.gif

If you don't have your hands growing out of your ass, torrents can be a lot easier and faster.

The stress is on can because a lot of the rom hosting sites on the net can download at faster speeds than torrents. I just finished mine in 16 minutes, its average 10mb per second, and the site is trustworthy.

But then I should have added "IMO" instead, because there are always people who don't agree.

Gonna play it now!

Right when i download from a browser my speed is about 200kb.
If i dl on torrentz on a good site i get much more.

Wait 10mbit/s and you downloaded a 200mb file in 16 minutes? Something's not right -.-

Raika

uguu
Trophies
XP
Country
Fabis94 said:
Domination said:
Fabis94 said:
Domination said:
Raika said:
hate2.gif

Gonna play it now!

Right when i download from a browser my speed is about 200kb.
If i dl on torrentz on a good site i get much more.

Wait 10mbit/s and you downloaded a 200mb file in 16 minutes? Something's not right -.-
Lol, that's what I thought too.
laugh.gif

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still trippin' over the fact that I'm hearing Tommy Petty. Can't believe they splurged for the original performances. Impressive.

janouis

Trophies
XP
Country
i lyk this game... very addictive like rock band unplugged!
yaynds.gif
anyway is there only 25 tracks on it or u can unlock some songs in tour mode?

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just looked through and listened to samples of all the tracks and played a couple quick games, it's got a pretty good spread of tunes. There's some songs I've never heard before, there's many I have heard before. There's many songs I like and many I don't and some that are just tolerable. It's pretty unreasonable to assume they would ever make a music game where EVERYONE would like EVERY song in the line-up, so I'd say the song line-up is decent enough.

One thing though, other than the characters being LEGO characters, there seems to be a lot less comedy to their animations. LEGO games always had that "comedy slant" to them related to the fact that they are, in fact, LEGOs, in this it just seems like they are simply caricatures of band members and the comedy slant is kind of missing. But then again, when I'm playing the game, I wasn't watching the top screen, I was watching where to hit the notes on the bottom screen, so maybe I just missed the comedy that was going on as I was playing.

The gameplay mechanics seems laid out well enough to minimize confusion, but that switching to other instruments thing still throws me and I miss a bunch of notes in between as I'm selecting the next instrument. But it's very playable if you can get the hang of it.

I'll add it to my lineup of rhythm games on my flashcart. It seems a worthy addition, it's not like I don't have enough spare room on my 16GB flashcard. I'll get around to playing it more thoroughly eventually.

Kreatur84

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ive got an error shows up reset your system,anybody know why?same at dragonball goku densetsu.
ive use r4i upgrade sdhc

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't get why people are using torrents that are taking ages to download. I got mine from my romsite of choice, downloaded direct to my memory card, ready to play in about 5 minutes.

Finding this game a little easy to be honest. If you keep your 'band groove' going, you can get all five stars by about halfway through most of the songs. When I played through 'Final Countdown' I got the first 3 stars before the vocals started. It's pretty enjoyable and a nice alternative to Guitar Hero, but I still think that Band Hero will be the superior title. I guess we'll see when someone finally dumps either version of BH. The EU version is out today so it should be available soon. The US teams seem to be making a comeback so we might see the US version at some point.

chad13dale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This game is like a faithful port of the mechanics of rockband unplugged. seeing that, it is the case, not all would like how it plays. the constant shifting from one band member to the other can prove to be quite annoying for those who are a faithful fan of GH:OT but over all, for something that had the same mechanics in another console... it doesnt feel as watered down as i expected it to be. the lack of music in the selection screens are kind of making me worry though. am i the only one experiencing this or is it really that way?

Blaze163

Trophies
XP
Country
The auditions vid did indeed make me laugh. The octopus thing was hilarious. And when the guy's arm comes off.

To be fair to this it looks to have a fair bit of content. Plenty of gigs and various setlists. It would've been nice to have more songs since at the moment I'd just be playing the same songs again but on a pirate ship instead of a construction site. But it's a pretty fun game to kill the odd ten minutes with. It's far more suitable for burst play than a big marathon. Songs are ok, I have a few which I enjoy.

Overall so far I'd give this game an 8/10. The level of content on offer is solid with the band customisation, various gigs, etc. But the fairly low song count keeps it from being a true classic and some of the songs really do suck balls. They're all safe enough choices and I respect that, but some of them are just too kiddy friendly, you know? There's also a minor flaw in the switching band members thing. If you're switching from one end to the other (IE: bass guitar to lead guitar) you should be ablt to go directly by pressing the shoulder triggers instead of first going through the other band members. It's only a minor issue but I have missed notes through it, and on one occasion it screwed up my band groove, almost costing me a star.

There's also the fact that Band Hero offers a more 'technical' experience with the use of the mic, etc. I personally think Band Hero will be the superior of the two, but this shouldn't be ignored as it is above all else a decent game and quite a good laugh. Plus it got my 34 year old brother to finally try playing a DS game because he likes the Ghostbusters theme song. And Lego. He's played all the Lego games to death. So it's certainly got something for all ages.

adundy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just played it. This is a great game, alot better than I thought it would be. Since this game only uses 4 notes I wonder if it would be possible to make a hack to play this with the guitar grip. And this game does have alot of funny lego parts to it like when I played at the pirate club a random monkey started jumping around my band mates.

Blaze163

Trophies
XP
Country
just out of curiosity, what's everyone's band set up as? Mine's set up to look as close to me and my friends as possible. Me singing, my friend Kai on the drums (complete with his stupid hair cut), his sister Amelia on lead guitar and just for a laugh, Token from South Park on bass. 'cause apprantly he can play bass.

EDIT: minor flaw in this game. Since all your characters are custom, they don't swap out a male lead singer for a female lead singer where appropriate. Noteworthy as GHOT does have this feature. So the lead singer I put the time in to so it would look like me is apparantly very questionable as it has both a male and female voice. It's quite disturbing to see something that looks like me lip synching to 'Walking on Sunshine' by Katrina and the Waves...

Kirby102

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
One thing this has that outstages the PSP version of RB is the inclusion of multiplayer, which is... as per what the console versions have been doing: band play. It's preety much like single player, but each person plays their own track. But not even in MP can you just exit your current song and what not, you have to finish the song you're playing first... then yeah.

Also through my experimenting with the game, you can't fail at all. The only bad thing is that you just lose points... and it just keeps going.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh