DS #4506: The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (USA)

D

Deleted_171835

I used Xenophobia's patch and it works on my Acekard 2i. Now to check if the save file stays after rebooting.

Edit: The save file stays. Yay!

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Wow talking about Zelda means more than 100 pages nowadays....!!!
rofl.gif

FlatFrogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
AitchDeeTee said:
luke_c said:
Patched version works on Cyclo with Latest BETA until i save the game, when i turn off the console and go back to load it the save is gone.

Okay. To you and TO ALL OTHER CYCLO USERS, to get around this you have to use the Real Time Save function. It's like a save state on an emulator. It requires a few extra MB of space though, but the patched file should clear up some room. When you boot up the game, hold Select and then hit A. Then to Save (and Load) just open the in-game Cyclo menu (ABXYLR) and select Real Time Save/Load. Other than that the game works fine.

Just for reference:

M3Real users RTS/Softreset causes the whitescreen so there is no work around as of yet for it.

Necromanson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember back in the day when the M3DS Real was the shit. Now it's usually the cart that has the most problems (along with the R4 it seems). I don't think it's that it's obsolete, I think that, because it's the most popular, companies like Nintendo model their AP protection to be most effective on the M3DS (so we all get hit the hardest).

I've tried almost every version of flashware for the M3DS, including Sakura and everything else with no results. The game runs fine but you simply cannot save- which is kind of a huge deal. I'm sure eventually the people at M3 will come out with an update so I'll just have to wait and play Might and Magic until that day comes.

vengfulr3ap3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Necromanson said:
I remember back in the day when the M3DS Real was the shit. Now it's usually the cart that has the most problems (along with the R4 it seems). I don't think it's that it's obsolete, I think that, because it's the most popular, companies like Nintendo model their AP protection to be most effective on the M3DS (so we all get hit the hardest).

I've tried almost every version of flashware for the M3DS, including Sakura and everything else with no results. The game runs fine but you simply cannot save- which is kind of a huge deal. I'm sure eventually the people at M3 will come out with an update so I'll just have to wait and play Might and Magic until that day comes.

see i've yet to get the game to actually load.
I get to the nintendo screen and then poof it freezes.
and i've tried the newest sakura firmware, the one before it, and then 1.42x and i've tried to load it via sakura AND the touchpod firmware thats in it. and yeah.. it does the same thing in ALL of them.

s00pycan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vengfulr3ap3r said:
and i've tried the newest sakura firmware, the one before it, and then 1.42x and i've tried to load it via sakura AND the touchpod firmware thats in it. and yeah.. it does the same thing in ALL of them.

you'll need to delete everything except the actual ROM everytime you change firmware. Some of the save files Zelda makes, and the config file in the NDS folder, can cause the initial crash.

albel005

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really cause im useing the newest sakura firmware and the crack and i get past the nintendo screen and can play the game but once i save and turn off the game then turn it back on the save is gone

vengfulr3ap3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
s00pycan said:
vengfulr3ap3r said:

you'll need to delete everything except the actual ROM everytime you change firmware. Some of the save files Zelda makes, and the config file in the NDS folder, can cause the initial crash.

did that, still froze

QUOTE(albel005 @ Dec 4 2009, 02:41 PM)
Really cause im useing the newest sakura firmware and the crack and i get past the nintendo screen and can play the game but once i save and turn off the game then turn it back on the save is gone

and yes... really, why would i lie about it not working =/ that would just be retarded.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
To ALL M3 and M3i0 users - I think I cracked it (well partially anyway) !!! but I need comfirmation

This may sound silly but using 'jdx7777' SYSTEM files(See post 1523)
which contains Sakura 1.44 and 4.6X - I've actually got the unpatched Zelda Spirit Tracks working on a DSi with 1.4E + M3i0
(& the trains controls DO appear so no patching required)

The bad news - Saves STILL don't work & it still locks up if you try to use RTS

The solution !! - Silly as it might seem, but DON'T USE SDHC cards !!!!! - Try using a standard MicroSD card (2Gb or less) seems to work

I've tried it on an 8gb SDHC & it wouldn't go pass the nintendo screen (unpatched AND patched version) so I tried the files on a standard 2Gb MicroSD & both versions (unpatched and patched) went pass the Nintendo screen.

I played up to arriving @ the castle & Saved the game, switched off but switching on & it starts from the very beginning again, Still at least we know it CAN work on an M3i0 without patching - just a shame about the saving

Necromanson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vengfulr3ap3r said:
Necromanson said:

I had that problem at first, but it turned out the ROM was just bad. I had downloaded it prepatched expecting it to work and I got the lock up at the Nintendo screen. I downloaded the non-patched ROM and patched it myself with Xenophobia's patch and that's when I was able to get it to work fine, just without the save. Try doing that if you haven't already, but it's not like it matters... I'm not going to play it if I can't save it.

vengfulr3ap3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CannonFoddr said:
To ALL M3 and M3i0 users - I think I cracked it (well partially anyway) !!! but I need comfirmation

This may sound silly but using 'jdx7777' SYSTEM files(See post 1523)
which contains Sakura 1.44 and 4.6X - I've actually got the unpatched Zelda Spirit Tracks working on a DSi with 1.4E + M3i0
(& the trains controls DO appear so no patching required)

The bad news - Saves STILL don't work & it still locks up if you try to use RTS

The solution !! - Silly as it might seem, but DON'T USE SDHC cards !!!!! - Try using a standard MicroSD card (2Gb or less) seems to work

I've tried it on an 8gb SDHC & it wouldn't go pass the nintendo screen (unpatched AND patched version) so I tried the files on a standard 2Gb MicroSD & both versions (unpatched and patched) went pass the Nintendo screen.

I played up to arriving @ the castle & Saved the game, switched off but switching on & it starts from the very beginning again, Still at least we know it CAN work on an M3i0 without patching - just a shame about the saving

alrighty, well ill try to use a 2gb card as soon as i can find it.

Necromanson said:
vengfulr3ap3r said:
QUOTE(Necromanson @ Dec 4 2009, 02:30 PM) I remember back in the day when the M3DS Real was the shit. Now it's usually the cart that has the most problems (along with the R4 it seems). I don't think it's that it's obsolete, I think that, because it's the most popular, companies like Nintendo model their AP protection to be most effective on the M3DS (so we all get hit the hardest).

I had that problem at first, but it turned out the ROM was just bad. I had downloaded it prepatched expecting it to work and I got the lock up at the Nintendo screen. I downloaded the non-patched ROM and patched it myself with Xenophobia's patch and that's when I was able to get it to work fine, just without the save. Try doing that if you haven't already, but it's not like it matters... I'm not going to play it if I can't save it.

no the rom is fine. i've downloaded two differnet ones. a unpatched and then a prepatched. the prepatched works for alot of ppl. i mean he got over like 1200 downloads in an hour and something. so thats not my problem.

Elfeckin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
good to see that it can work unpatched on the M3 real =^)...just waiting for save support...keep up the good work guys and maybe girls? ha you never know who's behind the cracking =^D

linkkie3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the Supercard sd, it ain't working you get an crazy (unnormal) group logo thingie and then it gives me 2 white screens, I would like to know if I'm doing something wrong and/or what I can do about it.

kitehimuro

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
linkkie3 said:
For the Supercard sd, it ain't working you get an crazy (unnormal) group logo thingie and then it gives me 2 white screens, I would like to know if I'm doing something wrong and/or what I can do about it.

Nothing for now.

D

Deleted_171835

linkkie3 said:
The "crazy group logo thingie" is Xenophobia's. Shouldn't bother you that much considering you get the game for free. It should work with the SuperCard DSOne. What firmware are you running?

Edit: Never mind. You're using the SuperCard SD.

vengfulr3ap3r

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alrighty, sooo it DID WORK on my 2gb card, but wouldnt work on a sdhc card. idk about the controlls or anything else yet ill edit when i do.

controls work, no saving thou. props to the person above who told me about the whole 2gb thing

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been taking fiber pills, eating more grapes, switched to wheat bread in hopes to lower it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like wheat bread, I even like the chunky wheat bread with pieces of whole grain in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Been getting this honey wheat bread from aldis pretty decent not very sweet to out do it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Me making any food at home is an improvement to how I use to be
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have an bread machine and use it alot, better than breads you buy, but don't last as long, cause no bs preservatives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    My phone only has 13% battery so i don't have much time left
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Now 12%
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday, btw
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Happy birthday, btw