DS #4718: Picross 3D (Europe)

evening

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Great surprise! I had no idea this was coming out so soon. I read that it works on R4 using YSmenu. I'm off to check it out now
biggrin.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm willing to do all the puzzles over again. They were that good.

And yes, it works on regular 1.18 firmware for R4.

Awesome game, probably my favorite DS puzzler. I highly suggest it.

EDIT: Also, file size is 64MB uncompressed/unrar'd. I think the Japanese one was 32MB, IIRC. Interesting.

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
I gave it a go. It's not bad, actually a bit simpler than it looks. But I'm not one for puzzle games, I try to avoid thinking wherever possible unless it's on my games design course or how best to get into pretty girl's undergarments. So naturally I'm terrible at this game. But it's amusing enough, I'll keep it around for a few days. But it's one of those that will almost certainly vanish to make room for Soul Silver, Infinite Space, etc.

arielp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Runs OK on Acekard 2i AKAIO 1.5.1, as Rittai Picross(J) works flawlessly too

Thanks God, the SAVE FILE is COMPATIBLE with RITTAI Picross, so i don't need to redo all again
wink.gif

(i only rename my Rittai save file (1MB save file), and it works, recognized my profile)

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tinymonkeyt said:
Oh yeah! I totally forgot about this coming out...

Probably will have more protection though...

Working great on Cyclo...

...and loving it. So wonderfully Nintendo.

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
i didn't enjoy the first game that much, the puzzles were too hard, i dont think i want to play this one.

You mean "Picross DS"?

That was made by Jupiter (of "The World Ends With You" fame), and, yes, it was a bit relentless for novices, me included. Picross 3D was made by HAL Laboratory. They were responsible for the easy-peasy Kirby franchise, and this game's also a bit on the easy side compared to Picross DS.

Trust me, it's WAY easier, even in the Japanese version.

dudereno

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played the hell out of the Japanese release last year. One , if not, the best puzzler on the DS. I wonder if they have changed anything for the EU title? Different puzzles? Or is it just a case of localizing the text. Anyways, It's a great excuse to play the blighter all over again.
smile.gif

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
already released ? great
I'll have to switch the save from jp version which I didn't finish yet.
No big changes from Japanese to Europe I guess, only the puzzle names (and tutorials&challenges, but I already completed all of them, I didn't have difficulties to understand what to do).

Anyway, it's a great game. If you didn't like picross 2D, you should try it anyway as it's a different system (more line by line than cross-lines).
If you want all the stars, sometime you will have to play fast ! but the timeout is usually correctly set with the difficulty level and makes you enjoy the game even more.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
Yeah, you gotta solve shit like x=y+20 BILLION! (but you have no idea what each value is! and you can't enter letters as your answer, because the game hates you!)

[/sarcasm]

Seriously, look up a video.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool: Has anyone posted a "Companies after Pride Month" meme yet