DS #DSi 0021: Monster Finder (Japan)

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can't play this on the DSi either. The flashcart for DSi uses the DS mode, but they can't run in DSi mode, which is what this game need to do to run.

I doubt we will play this one soon, you guys might as well wait for the US release, but we still probably won't be able to play it by then.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
dice said:
Animal said:
wacko.gif
Very confusing. Same name/number for different games.

DS #DSi 0001: is now used for

- Monster Finder (Japan)
- Mon Coach Personnel: Mes Recettes Plaisir et Ligne (France)

The 2nd link is the first hybrid ds/dsi release, this one is strictly dsi only. Which means we'll have to create a new category, what we do with the "hybrid" releases I'm not sure as of yet but I'd assume for now that it'll remain labeled as "ds dsi". Then again the "hybrids" could have it's own category in itself.
Why not follow advanscene numbering and just add (DSi Enhanced) in the thread title for DSi enhanced games ?
Stay with #DSi 0001 for this one which is only for DSi.
unsure.gif

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Mbmax said:
dice said:
Animal said:
wacko.gif
Very confusing. Same name/number for different games.

DS #DSi 0001: is now used for

- Monster Finder (Japan)
- Mon Coach Personnel: Mes Recettes Plaisir et Ligne (France)

The 2nd link is the first hybrid ds/dsi release, this one is strictly dsi only. Which means we'll have to create a new category, what we do with the "hybrid" releases I'm not sure as of yet but I'd assume for now that it'll remain labeled as "ds dsi". Then again the "hybrids" could have it's own category in itself.
Why not follow advanscene numbering and just add (DSi Enhanced) in the thread title for DSi enhanced games ?
Stay with #DSi 0001 for this one which is only for DSi.
unsure.gif
Agreed. The numbering should all be redone really. The DSi Enhanced games missing the DSi section need to be redumped, until then they should be nuked. It's true that they are as good as any other DSi release right now, but the fact is that they're not clean roms and not usable on any future DSi flashcart (not the DSi features that is).

dragonbladerxx1

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Placeholder said:
Charmandersrule said:
dragonbladerxx1 said:
there's going to be new flashcarts made soon... (SC 2) hopefully they will work for dsi games (Ihope)
Thats impossible no flashcarts can run dsi mode.

No CURRENT flashcarts can.
YE! but the acekard,cyclo,r4 and SC can make a NEW flashcart that can work on dsi games in the near future...?

Triforce

Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
Cyan said:
surprisingly, the game ID is "NTR", the same as the NDS and NDSL.

The hybrid/NDSi enhanced games were marked as "WTL", that's part of the main reason gbatemp started to numbered them 001 with "My personnal coach".
It seems now it was decided to numbered the DSi exclusives back from the start.

Will the NDS releases be affected and renumbered (To match advanscene.com OLL, it could be fine), or will gbatemp keep 3 DS games lists ? (ND/hybrid/i) ?
DS games with DSi camera features, or DSi enhanced/hybrid games (whatever you like to call them) use the TWL serial.
DSi only/exclusive games also use TWL for the serial code. The reason you are seeing it as NTR is the header tools fault as it just adds that automatically.

If you don't believe me open up some homebrew software and see for yourself, it'll still add NTR at the start.

You only need to check the full size box shot to see the real serial, TWL-DMFJ-JPN

Technik

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dragonbladerxx1 said:
Placeholder said:
Charmandersrule said:
dragonbladerxx1 said:
there's going to be new flashcarts made soon... (SC 2) hopefully they will work for dsi games (Ihope)
Thats impossible no flashcarts can run dsi mode.

No CURRENT flashcarts can.
YE! but the acekard,cyclo,r4 and SC can make a NEW flashcart that can work on dsi games in the near future...?
Your absolutely correct! acekard can out of the blue do something unheard of magicly without any news whatsoever. And your right again, r4 is gonna make another cart and cyclo will come out of their shell but m3 will do nothing.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well M3i Zero and AceKard2i tested and it says:

For use with Nintendo DSi systems only.
Cannot be used with
Nintendo DS/DS Lite systems.

....so this game can be the keys to the next generation of FlashCards, or maybe the key to the new updates on the flashcards (you know for the ones that can, not the crappy R4) and be sure that when this update (software or hardware) is done, we will be able to get inside of the entire DSi power, sorry for the people who don't own a DSi, but I don't think they even care, they spend their time complaining how shitty the DSi is, so no worries for no one...!!
biggrin.gif

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
every flashcart for dsi runs in ds lite mode, that why you get that error message.

I hope ezflash can make a new card or firmware update to play real dsi games on dsi
smile.gif

ifenix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyan said:
surprisingly, the game ID is "NTR", the same as the NDS and NDSL.

The hybrid/NDSi enhanced games were marked as "WTL", that's part of the main reason gbatemp started to numbered them 001 with "My personnal coach".
It seems now it was decided to numbered the DSi exclusives back from the start.

Will the NDS releases be affected and renumbered (To match advanscene.com OLL, it could be fine), or will gbatemp keep 3 DS games lists ? (ND/hybrid/i) ?
I think DSi Enhanced would be renumbered like DSi-E and this one (DSi Exclusive) like DSi0001.

And something else, the last release in advancescene.com is 4455, how do you match the nubmer releases in GBAtemp with them?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
ifenix said:
And something else, the last release in advancescene.com is 4455, how do you match the nubmer releases in GBAtemp with them?
Check how many DSi-E gbatemp has (in releases menu) up to the rom you are looking for, and add it to gbatemp rom number.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    the author has the final aproval
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Canada: America's Russia