GBAtemp Goat
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Perfect_Chaos said:
This just got nuked.
I see no nuking anywhere. And nuking is retarded as long as the game functions. It's done nowadays just because it has an incorrect type of header or something. Most everyone agrees that as long as a game functions perfectly, nuking is completely irrelevant and just plain nitpicking.

And if nuking is determined by that header law or whatever it is, you'll be seeing a lot of that for many games in the near future. It's due to the development kit they use apparently.

RPG Hacker

Trophies
Website
rpg-hacker.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ChaosBoi said:
Does anyone know the DSi exclusive features?

What I know is that you can take a photo of yourself to use as a FaceSet in the game. Except for that I don't really know anything.

tinymonkeyt said:
So I'm a little curious as to what happens after you create your game? Is it transferable through wifi?

Yes, it is. You can transfer it through WiFi or wireless to a friend. If you do the wireless option, your friend doesn't even need the cartridge. He can use DS Download Play option.

QUOTE(pcmanrules @ Mar 13 2010, 09:47 AM)
Is there going to be an English release?

No announcements have been made so far and personally I doubt it. No handheld RPG Maker has ever been released out of Japan yet.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Oh, cool, didn't know the release was so soon, I'll try it out
biggrin.gif

Krobelus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
kimyom said:
/// THE UNIVERSAL CHILD'S PLAY PATCH WAS UPDATED!! ///

How to play "RPG Tsukuru DS" on your DSTT and R4

0. Download Patch.rar and get Patch.exe and two folders from the RAR archive.

For R4, DSTT, or some other adaptor users:

1. Drag your ROM and drop it onto the Patch.exe. That's all.

Note:
This path isn't only for "RPG Tsukuru DS". It's one of game to be patched by Universal Child's Play Patch.
The file having the ".bak" extension is the backup copy of the original nds file.

For R4 users only(Option):

1. You can find two folders which are named as "For R4".

2. You need to rename your ROM file to "RPG.nds", and get Patch.exe from the "For R4" folder and execute it in the same place of the renamed ROM file. That's all.

Note:
You have to use the ROM file where the CRC32 code is A5BCFD1D.

For DSTT users only(Option):

1. You can find two folders which are named as "For DSTT".

2. You need to get 3 files from the "For DSTT" folder and overwrite them to the TTMENU folder in your microSD of the DSTT. You don't need to patch your ROM file. That's all.

Credit to Rudolph.
cool.gif

Thank you!

After finally tracking this little gem down, it gave me a white screen on startup. I'm using the latest version of R4, with YSMenu as an optional second boot method. After I patched it, however, it now works.

Thanks!

Now only if we had some translators.. xP
-Krobelus

luke_c

Big Boss
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
kennypu said:
RPG Hacker said:
coolness said:
What is this game about?

It's not even a game, but rather a tool for creating your own games (hence the name "RPG Maker").

I've preodered this, so I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive rather then downloading the dump. Also I have a DSi, so yay! What would be cool would be if you could use the DSi's SD Card Slot for saving games, but that won't happen I guess.
don't forget you need a japanese DSi to use the extra features :3
Don't forget you need to actually buy the game to use the DSi features

RPG Hacker

Trophies
Website
rpg-hacker.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
luke_c said:
kennypu said:
RPG Hacker said:
coolness said:
What is this game about?

It's not even a game, but rather a tool for creating your own games (hence the name "RPG Maker").

I've preodered this, so I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive rather then downloading the dump. Also I have a DSi, so yay! What would be cool would be if you could use the DSi's SD Card Slot for saving games, but that won't happen I guess.
don't forget you need a japanese DSi to use the extra features :3
Don't forget you need to actually buy the game to use the DSi features

Well, I did. I've preodered it and am just waiting for the shipping to arrive (will take between 1 to 3 weeks). But even then, since I have a European DSi, I'm not sure whether the DSi exclusive features will be supported.

MG4M3R

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
RPG Hacker said:
I do?

CRAP!

In fact, now I'm not even sure whether or not the game will run on my DSi at all. I totally forgot about the fact that DSi games are regional locked. In any case it should work on my old DS (without the DSi exclusive features of course). Damn, Nintendo, why are you doing this to me :'( ?

Really?

I think that only DSiware is region locked for obvius reasons.

RPG Hacker

Trophies
Website
rpg-hacker.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
MG4M3R said:
Really?

Well, from what I heard ALL DSi games are regional locked. Since, however, there weren't any DSi-only cartridges released so far it's hard to say. I sure HOPE it's only DSiWare.

QUOTE(Fabis94 @ Mar 13 2010, 03:16 PM) You can make DS RPG games, right?

Correct. Well, what do you expect? PC games
tongue.gif
?

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For those interested in this, there are a ton of RPG Makers for the PC from the same guys. Some even have English translations, official or fan patched. Go check em out.
smile.gif

RPG Hacker

Trophies
Website
rpg-hacker.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
ZenZero said:
how much japanesse is needed to understand this?

Well I haven't checked out this Maker yet, but I guess as with every Maker you could just try out every single command to know what it does. If you can read Katakana you should at least be able to write messages or change switches. I'm just asuming this since I've seen screenshots of the Maker where the words "message" and "switch" were written in Katakana.

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
RPG Hacker said:
MG4M3R said:
Really?

Well, from what I heard ALL DSi games are regional locked. Since, however, there weren't any DSi-only cartridges released so far it's hard to say. I sure HOPE it's only DSiWare.
How the fuck can DSiWare be region locked? It's just console locked. Also, there's been a couple of DSi-only games released already, like System: Flaw or Foto Showdown (Monster Finder). They ARE REGION LOCKED.

RPG Hacker

Trophies
Website
rpg-hacker.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Overlord Nadrian said:
How the fuck can DSiWare be region locked? It's just console locked.

Well you can't get Japanese DSiWare on a European system or vice versa, right? Therefore it's regional locked.

QUOTE(Overlord Nadrian @ Mar 14 2010, 07:42 PM) Also, there's been a couple of DSi-only games released already, like System: Flaw or Foto Showdown (Monster Finder). They ARE REGION LOCKED.

Damn. That certainly isn't good to hear
frown.gif

Goshogun1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just tried playing this with an Acekard 2i using the latest akio. Game started alright, but 1/2 of the text and graphics were all glitched out making it unplayable. I am guessing there are problems with this dump.

Edit: nevermind. I just noticed its DSi stuff.

Edit 2: after using the patch kimyon posted all graphical glitches are gone. Everything is fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/LM0Y6RWvcr8?si=RjMLNrx1TEX301g1 Already has cfw lol +1