Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Savior of the broken
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thanks It works. :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Also How do you know If a cheat is on the menu does not seem in dicate anything
On my end it was "Experience Multiplier" and I just clicked A on that and was able to get the "2X" multiplier that way.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
v16.0.0: SD & Flashcards Unite! The Siiquel
( Siiquel means Sequel, if you don't get the joke. :P )

Check here on how to update TWiLight Menu++.

What's new?
  • The console's SD card can now be accessed with more flashcards, thanks to re-adding SD access in DS mode!
    Just turn on Slot-1 SCFG access in TWLMenu++ Settings, if you want to use this feature.
  • If both SD and flashcard are found, the settings from the SD card will be used.
  • Slot-1 auto-booting has been added, if you want to access both the SD and flashcard right away!
    Enable this, if you have TWLMenu++ already on your flashcard.
  • (@maorninja and @Pk11) Added in a bunch of Autoboot files for various flashcarts.
  • The flashcard firmwares/kernels are now included in TWLMenu++!
  • Tired or scared of the black and white ship image in Unlaunch? Fear not, for now you can use a custom background in Unlaunch!
    Images must be in `.gif` format, 15.1KB or below, must have the width and height of 256x192, and 16 color images work best.
    Place them in `sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/unlaunch/backgrounds`. You can then select one in TWLMenu++ Settings.
  • DSi/Saturn/HBL theme, DS Phat/lite: Re-added GBA Mode to SELECT Menu.
  • (@Pk11 and various) More TWLMenu++ translations have been added, with Danish, Turkish, and Ukrainian!
  • Add AP fix for English translation of Inazuma Eleven 3: The Ogre.
Improvements
  • Unused features in DSiWarehax are now hidden, when using DSiWarehax.
  • A build of GBARunner2 without the usage of the DSP, is now used in DSiWarehax, so now the hax users will be able enjoy GBA games again!
  • (@maorninja) The Manual pages have been reworked!
  • Some text in TWLMenu++ Settings have been shortened to accommodate the new font.
  • Changed `WiFi LED` to `WiFi` in TWLMenu++ Settings, as the feature affects not just the WiFi LED, but WiFi itself as well.
    Wireless/Download Play is seemingly not affected.
  • ROMs that launch emulators incompatible with DSiWarehax, are no longer shown.
  • profi200's improved SD code is now used again!
Bug fixes
  • Sound and touch now work again in Slot-1 games!
  • Other minor adjustments have been made.
Known bug
  • If both SD and flashcard are enabled, launching a GBA game from a flashcard will cause GBARunner2 to crash on black screens.

Last edited by RocketRobz, , Reason: Forgot something

Takeshineale128

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

What's new?
  • The console's SD card can now be accessed with more flashcards, thanks to re-adding SD access in DS mode!
    Just turn on Slot-1 SCFG access in TWLMenu++ Settings, if you want to use this feature.
  • If both SD and flashcard are found, the settings from the SD card will be used.
  • Slot-1 auto-booting has been added, if you want to access both the SD and flashcard right away!
  • Tired or scared of the black and white ship image in Unlaunch? Fear not, for now you can use a custom background in Unlaunch!
    Images must be in `.gif` format, must have the width and height of 256x192, and 16 color images work best.
    Place them in `sd:/_nds/TWiLightMenu/unlaunch/backgrounds`. You can then select one in TWLMenu++ Settings.
  • (@Pk11 and various) More TWLMenu++ translations have been added, with Danish, Turkish, and Ukrainian!
Improvements
  • A build of GBARunner2 without the usage of the DSP, is now used in DSiWarehax, so now the hax users will be able enjoy GBA games again!
  • Some text in TWLMenu++ Settings have been shortened to accommodate the new font.
  • Changed `WiFi LED` to `WiFi` in TWLMenu++ Settings, as the feature affects not just the WiFi LED, but WiFi itself as well.
Bug fixes
Known bug
  • If both SD and flashcard are enabled, launching a GBA game from a flashcard will cause GBARunner2 to crash on black screens.
thanks for fixing the touch screen and sound issues when using game carts on a DSi

Last edited by Takeshineale128,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

What's new?
    Images must be in `.gif` format, must have the width and height of 256x192, and 16 color images work best.
Improvements
Bug fixes
Known bug

Hello.:)

Thank you for this awesome Update.:yay:

Works perfectly on

- New3DS XL
- DSi XL
- R4 SDHC Dual-Core 2018
- R4iTT v1.6

Thank you very,very much for your outstanding Work on this Mega Update,Team TWiLight.:yaynds:

P.S. I really hope this Unlaunch Background Picture changing Option works and causes not more Troubles.:)
NO,I will not try/test it.:P:rofl2:

P.P.S.: Got Joke....Siiquel.:rofl2:

Last edited by Alexander1970,

alLanDaiShan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently installed TWiLight Menu++ on my modded New 2DS XL. TWiLight Menu++ boots up just fine and I've successfully loaded and played some NDS games with no problems at all. I just loaded the NDS game 'Knights in the Nightmare' and saw multiple graphical glitches in the intro video and on the title menu screen.

Since I followed the 3DS Hacks and cfwaifu TWiLight Menu ++ guides to the letter and I'm not having issues with any other NDS games so far, I'm reasonably certain that this is an issue with the .nds file that I have for 'Knights in the Nightmare' or the way in which TWiLight Menu++ emulates this game in particular, rather than a general TWiLight Menu++ installation error on my part.

Has anyone seen these graphical glitches before for this specific game? Any suggestions on how to fix them?

Thanks!

Last edited by alLanDaiShan,
Reactions: Aphelios and banjo2
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is gonna probably sound like a like a typical question with a typical answer, but I don't know how to install this. How do I install this? Should I delete all previous files and copy over the newer ones, or should I just move the files over and replace them?

Also, seeing as how there are multiple games that are deemed to have bugs unplayable, will there be a workaround someday to make them become playable?

Last edited by Deleted member 534570,
Reactions: Aphelios

Computer_Freak_2004

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Something doesn't work with the new release on my Old3DS. When I open the settings and scroll down it gives an Guru Mediation Error!

PTDC0015.JPG

NightScript

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently installed TWiLight Menu++ on my modded New 2DS XL. TWiLight Menu++ boots up just fine and I've successfully loaded and played some NDS games with no problems at all. I just loaded the NDS game 'Knights in the Nightmare' and saw multiple graphical glitches in the intro video and on the title menu screen.
Has anyone seen these graphical glitches before for this specific game? Any suggestions on how to fix them?
It's something with the loader. Although, do try changing around with the settings

Since I followed cfwaifu TWiLight Menu ++ guides to the letter
We recommend using our guides for next time. They can be found in the tabs on the main post.

This is gonna probably sound like a like a typical question with a typical answer, but I don't know how to install this. How do I install this? Should I delete all previous files and copy over the newer ones, or should I just move the files over and replace them?
The first post has instructions on how to do just this

Something doesn't work with the new release on my Old3DS. When I open the settings and scroll down it gives an Guru Mediation Error!

View attachment 219372
Try switching to English and tell me if it breaks. If it doesn't break anymore, than a fix has already been submitted on the GitHub repo and will be included next release.

NightScript

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, after I changed the language to English it works now. Also do you know when the Akmenu theme will added again?
The aktheme (or rather, in its new name, Wood UI) has too many bugs at the current day relating to the SD card driver. It would frequently crash and corrupt files.
We are currently working on a solution via making a new SD card driver: libslim. This will help fix the SD card issues and has the benefits that FatFS bring (faster read/writes, exFAT support, multiple partitions, etc). If you are a developer and want to help us out, we could really use help to make it stable on console: https://github.com/DS-Homebrew/libslim

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious