Homebrew [DS(i)/3DS] TWiLight Menu++ - GUI for DS(i) games, and DS(i) Menu replacement

Azy1e

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This probably sounds dumb but how do I update TwilightMenu ++? I have universal updater installed. I am assuming that will fix this problem ( top screen towards bottom - the line )

20220826_131152.jpg

Pk11

A catgirl with a DSi
Trophies
Website
xn--rck9c.xn--tckwe
XP
Country
United States
This probably sounds dumb but how do I update TwilightMenu ++? I have universal updater installed. I am assuming that will fix this problem ( top screen towards bottom - the line )

View attachment 324498
Just install it again from Universal-Updater.

That issue won't be fixed by updating though, it's not a TWiLight Menu++ bug but rather a bug in the 3DS's TWL_FIRM itself. You can fix it by simply closing and opening the lid, but there's nothing we can do for a permanent fix.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

View attachment 324498
Just install it again from Universal-Updater.

That issue won't be fixed by updating though, it's not a TWiLight Menu++ bug but rather a bug in the 3DS's TWL_FIRM itself. You can fix it by simply closing and opening the lid, but there's nothing we can do for a permanent fix.
That bug can be fixed by setting GPU scaling in TWPatch.

Azy1e

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  1. How long does it take to boot, exactly?
  2. Does launching it the second time without launching anything else improve boot times?
About 20 seconds. Goes to an all white screen ( top and bottom ) and after about 20 seconds it works.
Booting it up a second time is much faster - just a few seconds. So its the initial boot that is long, so maybe that is normal?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
About 20 seconds. Goes to an all white screen ( top and bottom ) and after about 20 seconds it works.
Booting it up a second time is much faster - just a few seconds. So its the initial boot that is long, so maybe that is normal?
Yeah, that's currently normal. It is caused by libfat, so we plan on switching to libslim to fix the issue, once it's bugs get fixed.

Reactions: Tarmfot and Flame

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi @RocketRobs will you doing twilight menu++ for Wii U with Dsi games support anytime in the future? you've perfected it on 3ds consoles but I wish I can play pokemon black 2 on my wii u gamepad and TV. if no then I underatand but if yes then once again you're a hero among legends. thank you for the NDS forwarder and i hope one day you will add a forwarder for wii u too and dsi games to run in ds mode and booting and playable.

elCerebrain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hello! I'm using a Wood R4i Gold (www.r4igold.cc), out of service for about 2 years). Thankfully another user helped me getting up and running the flashcart with Wood firmware again (attached the firmware), it boots up normally. Nonetheless, I'm starting to get some white screens in some games and screen freezes, I tried using AP patches in the form of cheats (using the latest usrcheat.dat published here in the site too). So, I got wondering if I could get TWM++ working booting via flashcart, I don't plan on autobooting yet using bootstrap-flashcart.

I also have access to the stock firmware, can't attach it here so if needed I could upload it. It also works but the UI is pretty horrendous for me, that's why I'd rather run Wood, but if I can get TWM++ working with the original firmware I'd use it for that. According to the helpful user my cart is an R4iTT clone, although this flashcart is from about 2014.

I'm using a DS Lite Nintendogs Pink Edition, I think this is an USA Edition.

I already formatted my SD card to 32KB clusters.

Thank you for any help provided!

Attachments

• BL2CK_1.30.4_Amaze3DS.zip
    2 MB · Views: 31

lifehackerhansol

i write working(?) code
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello! I'm using a Wood R4i Gold (www.r4igold.cc), out of service for about 2 years). Thankfully another user helped me getting up and running the flashcart with Wood firmware again (attached the firmware), it boots up normally. Nonetheless, I'm starting to get some white screens in some games and screen freezes, I tried using AP patches in the form of cheats (using the latest usrcheat.dat published here in the site too). So, I got wondering if I could get TWM++ working booting via flashcart, I don't plan on autobooting yet using bootstrap-flashcart.

I also have access to the stock firmware, can't attach it here so if needed I could upload it. It also works but the UI is pretty horrendous for me, that's why I'd rather run Wood, but if I can get TWM++ working with the original firmware I'd use it for that. According to the helpful user my cart is an R4iTT clone, although this flashcart is from about 2014.

I'm using a DS Lite Nintendogs Pink Edition, I think this is an USA Edition.

I already formatted my SD card to 32KB clusters.

Thank you for any help provided!
We already have (theoretical) support for this cart. You can use the Acekard 2i flashcart loader. You can also use the `Wood R4igold.cc Upgrade` autoboot file.

I should probably rename the latter to something more sensible.

That said, it wouldn't really help with compatibility...

• Sad
Reactions: elCerebrain

elCerebrain

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
We already have (theoretical) support for this cart. You can use the Acekard 2i flashcart loader. You can also use the `Wood R4igold.cc Upgrade` autoboot file.

I should probably rename the latter to something more sensible.

That said, it wouldn't really help with compatibility...
I was hoping that it would help. :(

Still, I'll try for the sake of experimenting.

Edit: I got TWM++ working with the Wood R4igold.cc Upgrade autoboot. Can't talk about compatibility yet,

Edit 2: I selected 3DS Menu in the GUI settings and now I got a blank screen, can't find the Wood UI anywhere. It's time to look up these files.

Last edited by elCerebrain,

lifehackerhansol

i write working(?) code
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was hoping that it would help. :(

Still, I'll try for the sake of experimenting.

Edit: I got TWM++ working with the Wood R4igold.cc Upgrade autoboot. Can't talk about compatibility yet,

Edit 2: I selected 3DS Menu in the GUI settings and now I got a blank screen, can't find the Wood UI anywhere. It's time to look up these files.
The Wood UI caused SD card corruption, so we removed it.

Reactions: elCerebrain

light0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK I wonder how many other people were like me and didn't think i would ever get the whole enchiada working on my own. Or really following directions as opposed to a M3 cart I bought for dsixl. Then I found son Dsi and have another son now who will love this now like his brother at same age. I am a Nintendo fan mostly for form factors but utility was not really their thing until CFW and the amazing stuff people have made and still make for what is still a joyful little console. Except now its does more cool stuff too. I had a hard time accepting the perfect simplicity of the memory pit and took a few starts to get through reading thoroughly and follwing directions. But I am stoked. I will send off soon but want to dial it for age 5 and doing remote instructing. Its just been a gas and I may jump in discord to ask questions about movie files//viewers etc.Thanks for all the people who manage the dsi.cfw guikde and keeping cool devices out of landfills. I want to play with the lib app too for comics and pdf, I think it need to convert with calibre to ds format?

Billyyyy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Hi. I would like you to understand what I want to tell though my English is poor because I am from Japan.
I want to play Super Kaseki Horider(JPN) on TWLMenu but the game doesn't start. I can open TWLMenu and select the game, my old 3ds display white screen when I start the game. I can play other ds games like DQMJ2P and Super Mario Bros., I can't play only the game. Help me out please.
I use the latest TWLMenu++. If you want to know any other information, you can ask me.

Reactions: Ahmeteled

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I would like you to understand what I want to tell though my English is poor because I am from Japan.
I want to play Super Kaseki Horider(JPN) on TWLMenu but the game doesn't start. I can open TWLMenu and select the game, my old 3ds display white screen when I start the game. I can play other ds games like DQMJ2P and Super Mario Bros., I can't play only the game. Help me out please.
I use the latest TWLMenu++. If you want to know any other information, you can ask me.
It seems the included AP-fix is breaking compatibility with this game. You'll have to play the USA version of Fossil Fighters Champions for now, if you what to do in the game.
You can also wait for the next version to either fix or remove the AP-fix.

Reactions: Tarmfot

Billyyyy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It seems the included AP-fix is breaking compatibility with this game. You'll have to play the USA version of Fossil Fighters Champions for now, if you what to do in the game.
You can also wait for the next version to either fix or remove the AP-fix.
Thank you for your reply. I understand. To play the game of JPN ver., could you develop the next version? It doesn't have to be right now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/Os7f9Se.mp4