Homebrew DS iPlayer not saving my GBA files... HELP!!!!

stuffnflufff

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey guys, I just got the iPlayer, but i have a problem. I am unable to save my GBA roms using the DSi-GBA player for DS iPlayer. What are save states? do i have to use them to save? cuz i save in Metroid Zero Mission and Metroid Fusion (basically why i got the iPlayer) and when i turn off and turn the DSi back on, the saves are no longer there. PLEASE, SOMEONE HELP ME ENJOY THESE GAMES!!!!

A step-by-step process would help. Save in game THEN save using the save states? or what? im confused. nothing on how you save anywhere on the internet. Thank you to anyone who helps!!!

Matthew

Trophies
XP
Country
Just to point out as this is the first and I bet only release of the emulator. It is NOT perfect, it has some numbering issues and some games don't load/freeze. However the majority do work. And unlike the DS you can play fairly easily on any computer unlike the DS if you don't have a touch screen computer.

The DS Iplayer is an experiment by the SuperCard team and they are soon to be incorporating this into the DSTWO.

Kinqdra

GBAtemp's Official T-shirt
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Croatia
stuffnflufff said:
hey guys, I just got the iPlayer, but i have a problem. I am unable to save my GBA roms using the DSi-GBA player for DS iPlayer. What are save states? do i have to use them to save? cuz i save in Metroid Zero Mission and Metroid Fusion (basically why i got the iPlayer) and when i turn off and turn the DSi back on, the saves are no longer there. PLEASE, SOMEONE HELP ME ENJOY THESE GAMES!!!!

A step-by-step process would help. Save in game THEN save using the save states? or what? im confused. nothing on how you save anywhere on the internet. Thank you to anyone who helps!!!
The only way to save gba games on an iPlayer is by using save states. In any part of the game just choose "Save" on the bottom screen menu and save on any of the free slots, then you can load the game back from the place you saved by loading your game save

Danny Tanner

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I think in game saves work if you exit through the menu, instead of just shutting the system. I'm almost positive I had Metroid running and saving without saves, but I can't be assed to check.

Matthew

Trophies
XP
Country
One quite a few games the standard saves work, and I've never had any problems with dissappearing save states.

Weird
wacko.gif

stuffnflufff

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok guys, so i have a solution (may not be technically be solved) thanks to some testing and matthew123. to save in game, you MUST format the card to either FAT or FAT32 (preferably FAT). then, if you wish to save in game, you must leave to the MENU before turning off the DS/L/i. or you can read/write save states, which to anyone not knowing what they are (i had no idea) you can save anywhere, but to start from that point, you have to go back in to save states and choose which youd like to read from and click on "read". May seem simple to others, but if you are like i was, hopefully this helps.

RedBaron

Trophies
XP
Country
matthew123 said:
Just to point out as this is the first and I bet only release of the emulator. It is NOT perfect, it has some numbering issues and some games don't load/freeze. However the majority do work. And unlike the DS you can play fairly easily on any computer unlike the DS if you don't have a touch screen computer.

The DS Iplayer is an experiment by the SuperCard team and they are soon to be incorporating this into the DSTWO.
I am just getting %50 of games working, I am starting to think it is a P.O.S

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3