Hacking DS lite top screen wont hold - replacement case a solution?

Taijo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, I hope you can help me with this.

for a while my DS top half hasnt held up, what I mean by this is that I can open and close it, but there is no strenght holding the screen at the angle I want or the default angle at all (the one that does *click* when you've opened the DS enough)

This means my ds is either closed or fully opened (at an even wider angle than the default *click* one). If im playing lying down on my back and forget to hold the top half with my fingers it will drop down and hang.

The only thing broken on my ds (apart from a almost dead L button, I have to blow on it each 10 minutes) is one of the little pieces that seem to hold the hinge of the DS, it's just gone. I wont be able to explain this to you guys so heres some pictures:

The transparent things you see on the top of my DS are small bits of plastic I super glued there to keep the upper half from opening at an even wider angle.

This one just shows the angle at wich I play my DS with, its not wider thanks to the plastic things.

SO, my question to you guys is: will a replacement case solve this? Can you tell if the problem here is a part of the case that comes with a new one? or is it the hinge itself, the metal cylinder inside? And also, about the L button, im guessing replacing the case will also solve it since on the process I will clean all the dust inside, am I right?

I hope you can help
smileipb2.png

chazam1337

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have scored many kids dses that they don't want to deal with that have that issue: yes all you have to do is replace the shell, I will warn you that ds cases are a pain to do though, I usually have a partner.

Taijo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Allright, two people saying it will do the trick leaves me assured, thanks a lot both of you
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself) and I had a spare XSX and Switch I ended up selling him at pretty steep cuts. I would just give them to him, but I did buy them with the intent to sell them... and college is super expensive.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A little yeah...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, [insert wut here]
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm a little hi, but bout to fix that.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now I'm low, i was upstairs in my wifeys kitchen, now I'm downstairs in my dungeon.(My basement)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    do you mind? i snuck in with amiibo and jars, and am trying to do my thing brony style
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    have you ever regretted saying something immediately after saying it?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nah what i was doing was trying to cure my ever-so-apparent crabs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    my younger brother is forcing me to play with him and my cousins are here *sigh*
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ that Hack a hacked 360 vid was neat, never knew it existed.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I thought it was interesting.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm this video is clickbait
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got a dazzel capture card some place in storage
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I got a dazzel capture card some place in storage