Gaming DS lite turns on then immediately off.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
If you find the fuses, you can actually just solder blob over them, and you'll never have this issue again. I've never heard of anyone having a bad experience afterwards, as long as it's done right.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh for the love of god...

Finally try out putting on both bottom screens. doesn't matter how I plug the bottom-on-top in, either left side or right. Turning it on gives me no flash at all and just straight goes to turn off.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Okay, weirder still. Tried putting the original bottom screen on the bottom, then the new bottom screen on the top.

It doesn't flash any of the screens, but it doesn't immediately power off, either.

As for the solder blob, is it fine if I cover the fuse with it? as long as it doesn't bridge to something else, that is? I'm half tempted to do that to both of them and be done with it.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
As for the solder blob, is it fine if I cover the fuse with it? as long as it doesn't bridge to something else, that is? I'm half tempted to do that to both of them and be done with it.
Yes, that's correct. Same can be done with the resistors that output audio to the headphone jack, to boost the volume back to what it normally should be.

justin-dabath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey buddy there are 2 fuses,
If fuse 1 had blown the ds would not charge but it would still turn on with a battery that had power in.
If fuse 2 had blown the ds would not switch on at all.

Your fuses definitely are not blown,

Fuse 1 is located just below the charging port on the mobo, it says "F1"
Fuse 2 is located just below the battery terminal on the mobo, next to the corner of the ds game slot, it says "F2"

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
okay, this just gets weirder and weirder. presently, holding the bare board and then with either set of screens connected, it will turn on; neither screen powers on; but it won't turn off, either. Presently, it's the bare board, with neither the wifi nor the microphone connected.

justin-dabath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That's because the Wifi board is the Bios, none of the screens will turn on without it connected - but you will get power.

The problem with your console is that you have 2 faulty lower LCD's

o0-Matty-0o

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you definitely plug it in to the left of the socket like in the photo i uploaded?

Notice the cable on the bottom screen isn't as wide as the top screen socket....
WP_20160609_005.jpg

If you can't get any of your bottom screens to flash when plugged in to the top socket like that, then the problem is 100% defective bottom screens.

orangy57

bruh
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you find the fuses, you can actually just solder blob over them, and you'll never have this issue again. I've never heard of anyone having a bad experience afterwards, as long as it's done right.

I tried that long ago, but the DS would shut off after around 2 minutes. Maybe I was just unlucky.

Nathan-In-Brum

Trophies
XP
Country
I would take a minute to read what's been posted, it's not the fuses.

Soldering fuses when they are working just means that if something shorts your DSL the fuse can't blow because you have bypassed it, which results in worse damage on the device motherboard.

Soldering over fuses that already work is a silly thing to do.

Reactions: Sliter

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whether they are bad or not, how would I test them? nobody has still explained how to use a multimeter to test these things. being I never used one before, I don't know what mode to set it at.

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Whether they are bad or not, how would I test them? nobody has still explained how to use a multimeter to test these things. being I never used one before, I don't know what mode to set it at.
just set it to "resistance" and putch each tip on the sides of the capacitor , if it pass current it gonna bip

a03_018.jpg

like this

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can't really do that with one of these fuses though.

If it helps, I have this unit here.

At least in the meantime, contacting the seller, they offered to just send a replacement bottom screen. Naturally taking them up on that offer in the meantime while I try to learn more about this.

MontyQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had this happen turned on ds lite it would grren light then power off, I figured was ribbon cable. 2 years later lol about month ago I slammed it on table its worked since. lol poor mans fix

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is the resistor set
That one does absolutely nothing on any orientation I try, when I connect them to either fuse.

For what it's worth I then got the RMA'd bottom screen today. And it too won't work. I still get the same thing where the top screen flashes for a microsecond before the system turns itself off.

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, this is... curious.

Got another DS lite to do a shell swap to. after verifying that the screens work, I decide to take a moment to put the bottom one from that into the first unit.

Yet on there, it still does the same thing. Flash the top screen, and turned off immediately.

Sliter

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Okay, this is... curious.

Got another DS lite to do a shell swap to. after verifying that the screens work, I decide to take a moment to put the bottom one from that into the first unit.

Yet on there, it still does the same thing. Flash the top screen, and turned off immediately.
so well the problem wheren't the screens ... what about the fuses?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CDBFP_T5XHU