Homebrew DSI CFW problems: ACWW: town song plays at random times

romanaOne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was trying out animal crossing wild world launched off the SD card on a DSi with Hiya CFW and TwilightMenu. I think everything is up to date: I just set up this cfw using the guide site yesterday. The only other problem I've seen is the menu gets stuck reading .launcharg files in the dsiware directory. (I know it is supposed to be fixed, but it still doesn't work for me: opening the dsiware directory with any .launcharg files at all causes the menu to get stuck with "Now Loading." Don't really care about dsiware, but I mention it because it might mean something is wrong with my install.)

Everthing seemed perfect at first, but then I started playing a while and the town song started playing about once every 10-15 minutes. The screen sort of flashes when it happens. Sometimes Tortimer appears coming out of the Town Hall saying something like "Good Morning" even when its 6PM.

I'm sure the ROM is good; I've played it lots of times using SuperCard DSTWO and never seen anything weird like this.

Can anyone reproduce this?

Reactions: Ryccardo

romanaOne

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think there is anything wrong with the clock because it always has the right time.
Other time-dependent events happen as expected: Crazy Redd comes to town; when you pay off your house, Nook's store closes for expansion the next day; Joan sells turnips on Sunday. Only Tortimer comes out and says "Good morning. Rise and Shine!" at all hours....
Maybe old Tortimer has dementia.

There is also a tiny amount of static in the audio but only right when you start the game.

I got the .launchargs working and dsiware works. Just deleted them and ran the python script again. Don't know what I did wrong the first time.

banjo2

gamer
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I mean, maybe the clock is resetting to midnight faster than the game's display can see it?

It seems to happen less on DS Mode, or I just remember incorrectly. Last night, it kept switching between snowing and not snowing. A couple of times, I was given a "Good morning everybody! Time to rise and shine!" message. I could find no consistency with this, as sometimes it would happen with minutes between, and sometimes just a few seconds.

The audio crackling is a known nds-bootstrap problem afaik

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://doublepulsar.com/recall-stealing-everything-youve-ever-typed-or-viewed-on-your-own-window...