Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
yeah, I-
er, I forgot what I was going to say.
I'll edit this when I remember it in about 2 minutes(lol 2.47am)

EDIT: I remember now.
stanleyopar2000 said:
combine the TYPE and the TITLE ID (the one in the parenthesis) oh..DSiWAre doesn't work..just DSi System files stuff

This is what you can tweak
wink.gif

System DSi (All Regions)

Nintendo DSi Browser
Nintendo DSi Camera
Nintendo Zone
Nintendo DSi Sound
Version Data
System Settings
Nintendo DSi Shop
System Menu (Launcher)

DS Download Play
Pictochat
WiFi Firmware
Nintendo DS Cart Whitelist
a filename with a name of Nintendo DS Whitelist...is that what I THINK it is?
smile.gif

Schicksalsheld

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If that is the Whitelist, we're able to allow old Flashcarts like the R4/M3 Simply, the Acekard RPG and some few others
wink.gif

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
Key is useless (for piracy) because we dont have a way to run programs yet.
No wad manager and Homebrew channel and shit.

People think this key magically comes with free games and stuff.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Schicksalsheld said:
If that is the Whitelist, we're able to allow old Flashcarts like the R4/M3 Simply, the Acekard RPG and some few others
wink.gif

Well, no. You see, to do that, you'd need to be able to decrypt it, modify it, reencrypt it (all good so far) then sign it. Signing requires the private key, that can't be done. And after that, there'd still need to be a way of installing it. A custom NUS would be a possibility, but a bit of a pain.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Neo_Ch!p said:
Awesome, no need for dsi flashcards now with this key
smile.gif

Thats not true, at least yet. All this key allows is for you to read nintendo's code, you can't run your own.
Eventually that may change.

SifJar said:
QUOTE(Schicksalsheld @ Jan 15 2011, 10:54 AM) If that is the Whitelist, we're able to allow old Flashcarts like the R4/M3 Simply, the Acekard RPG and some few others
wink.gif

Well, no. You see, to do that, you'd need to be able to decrypt it, modify it, reencrypt it (all good so far) then sign it. Signing requires the private key, that can't be done. And after that, there'd still need to be a way of installing it. A custom NUS would be a possibility, but a bit of a pain.

Just being able to read the whitelist may allow flash cards to stop using real game icons, it's less likely but there is a possiblility that you'll be able to get dsi mode with old flashcards.
However the flash cart makers may try to cash in by forcing you to buy a new card anyway.

loco365

Trophies
XP
Omega_2 said:
yeah, I-
er, I forgot what I was going to say.
I'll edit this when I remember it in about 2 minutes(lol 2.47am)

EDIT: I remember now.
stanleyopar2000 said:
combine the TYPE and the TITLE ID (the one in the parenthesis) oh..DSiWAre doesn't work..just DSi System files stuff

This is what you can tweak
wink.gif

System DSi (All Regions)

Nintendo DSi Browser
Nintendo DSi Camera
Nintendo Zone
Nintendo DSi Sound
Version Data
System Settings
Nintendo DSi Shop
System Menu (Launcher)

DS Download Play
Pictochat
WiFi Firmware
Nintendo DS Cart Whitelist
a filename with a name of Nintendo DS Whitelist...is that what I THINK it is?
smile.gif
A white list sounds rather interesting...

All I want to know at this moment is how to decrypt a DSiware game and get the BIOS that everyone (I Think) everyone is talking about. I want to copy my DSiWare to my Computer and play around with them.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You cannot and will not be able to decrypt a DSiWare game without an actual DSi doing the decryption. The encryption on the .SRL (i.e. the executable in the game, .SRL is the official name for .NDS [i.e. Nintendo's internal name]) can't be reversed by computer apparently.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
johndude77 said:
smf said:
it's less likely but there is a possiblility that you'll be able to get dsi mode with old flashcards.

Would this actually be possible? How so?
No, it would not. smf seems misinformed. Having the common key would help this in no way. However, if the suspicions about the Cyclo iEvo are correct, the same method should be applicable to other carts, although perhaps not currently existing ones. Depends how big the flash memory for the bootloader is on the cart. If its big enough to hold Cooking Coach and a hacked save game, it should be able to work with the same "hack" (it is suspected that the cart is simply a clone of Cooking Coach, with a tweaked version of the wintermute's exploit to load a kernel from the micro SD card, which would be in DSi mode)

solofrags

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Macedonia, The Former Yugoslav Republic of
you talk about a topic you lol you do not even know if it's really true that key. In addition, it does not get us a lot if it will not play games dsi.Le wonderful world can take the game free 3ds.Et is done with in the future, the hack will no longer be possible when it will connect to servers for developers to play. Lack of physical media and everything.

loco365

Trophies
XP
solofrags said:
you talk about a topic you lol you do not even know if it's really true that key. In addition, it does not get us a lot if it will not play games dsi.Le wonderful world can take the game free 3ds.Et is done with in the future, the hack will no longer be possible when it will connect to servers for developers to play. Lack of physical media and everything.
What are you talking about. The key has been verified legit.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
SifJar said:
johndude77 said:
smf said:
it's less likely but there is a possiblility that you'll be able to get dsi mode with old flashcards.

Would this actually be possible? How so?
No, it would not. smf seems misinformed. Having the common key would help this in no way.

It is possible, if you can use the common key to disassemble the firmware & find an exploit that can be used.

I'm not convinced of the speculation about wintermutes cooking mama hack being used for the ievo, the last I heard he wasn't either.

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
We can't expect much right now, give it some months I'm sure something useful will come on its way. Unless something happens now, I'm rather looking forward to DSi mode flashcarts and that DSi channel exploit. Just maybe the expoit hack can run DSiware ;D One can dream
glare.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    120hz TVs are still kinda expensive tho, but they are nice for gaming on, Series X can output true 4k 120hz.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, i don't get it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mister I'm going to randomly say someone's name over here then ignore the reply when they say something
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @Xdqwerty PTSD flashbacks?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Youtubers acting like cutscenes are magic piss me off we get it it took you longer than we had to watch
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Wanna hear joke?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    An unfunny one?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Someone cares?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, dunno, do YOU care?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's like asking Tony the tiger what he thinks of frosted flakes
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do gay horses eat? Hay hay hay
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Haaayyyy lol
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Ok heres the joke:
    Please don't unzip your pants
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I'm John Wayne at the first thanksgiving, pilgrims. Happy thanksgiving, pilgrims
    images
    +1
    Amazon "Your order qualifies for free shipping" lol 2300 dollars I hope so
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At the bar I goto, above the urinal, somebody wrote on the wall, "Why look here for a joke, the joke is in your hand."
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was $25 for like a few months then they were like hey we can make more
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    🏳️‍⚧️ = breaking bad flag
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (wait shit already said that here a while ago)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, i don't remember
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, also does that mean all trans people broke bad?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A transman once said I just wanna be a mom
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: A transman once said I just wanna be a mom