OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSision
Replacement GUI
[2051]dsision.jpg

Spinal's entry to the NEO Spring Coding Comp. It currently features a unique dock-based layout, stylus and d-pad controls, auto-DLDI patching, an analogue or digital clock on the top screen, ability to set a .nds file to autorun, quick launch icons at the top of the screen, and skinning support. Download below.

download.gif
Download
icon11.gif
Source

Joey Ravn

F*** you, Nintendo!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This looks slick. Awesome. Brilliant. But... is it like FWNitro?
tongue.gif
If so, I'll wait for some feedback. I'd change the firmware on my DS, but only if it's stable, can be removed, etc.

thr33face

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i really like the idea and concept of this.

when i tried to load something with it (homebrew or commercial) it simply locks up.
thats on an R4 with the 1.17 firmware.

It also locks up when it's trying to load the animanatee icon.

have a nice day.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Sorry guys, it doesn't work at all well with the R4, I'm surprised it even boots at all, never mind attempt to load something.

Does it work on other cards? I don't have much to test it on I'm afraid.

Please remember to extract the menu_skin folder to the root of the card, I've been told it wont run without it.

neonix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, i was surprised it booted on the R4. I'm glad I was able to at least mess around with it, it's a VERY nice shell. The only problem is it is not efficient with loading time, the Neo splash screen stays for a while and then it loads slowly. I'm sure future releases will be faster.

Not many bugs, and the dock movement is surprisingly well done and easy to use.

I tried booting it in place of the R4 kernel by encrypting it, but it doesn't even boot with this method. Too bad, I'd really like to use it actually.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
The splash screen is not timed, just tap the screen to get past it. I think the R4 problem is the R4's fault, not DSisions, I don't think R4 team put as much effort into homebrew compatibility as other cards do, shame considering how popular the card is.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
I am recoding DSision from scratch, it currently (unreleased version) still works on R4, TTDS ans Neoflash R6Gold. Does anyone have and ideas for features they would like to see, or bugs they would like fixed from the old version?

[edit] Should I start a new topic for this? [/edit]

xylos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Works great on Max Media Dock. Boots homebrew and everything! How about auto-DLDI patching... The MMD community is quickly falling apart due to the fact that the cart retail game compatibility is about 20% and the normal startup GUI sucks. Thanks to your GUI atleast we can have skinning support and a better look... but.. well.

axl123

Trophies
XP
Country
Somebody tells me how to get DSision run on my r4ds ! It booted but can't run any .nds file. It freezes on information screen ! It is so good !!! But I couldn't make it work ! Sh*t !! Help help help ! Anyway , all small icons on the top except Gba and turn off didn't react when I click them !

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night