MC DUI

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey people

I'm posting to get some advice on repairing my wifes DSL.
I recently replaced the touch screen in it for her, it went fine and everything seemed to work.

Now a few months later (she hasn't played it much) she went to charge it and the charging light wouldn't come on, we left it for a while to see if it was charging anyway.
But the DS would only turn on for a second and then turn off.

I thought it might be the battery so I purchased a new one from Dealextreme and replaced it. Now the DSL turns on fine (Obviously new battery is slightly charged) but the charging light still wont come on.

Does anybody know what the issue might be? I've got no problems pulling the DS apart again to repair it just I wouldn't know what I was looking for....

Thanks in advance!
yaynds.gif

Crass

Rock me Dr. Zaius
Trophies
Website
www.ds-scene.net
XP
Country
United States
My DS lite does that from time to time, but it has always worked after letting it sit for a few hours. I dont know the exact cause of the issue but I imagine it effects alot of people. This is not a blown fuse, because mine will continue to work even after the same exact symptons, however there is a solder hack which might help the issue.

http://www.m3wiki.com/index.php/Nintendo_D...le_(blown_fuse)

Dunno, I am pretty newbish when it but there is alot of misinformation floating around out there so be careful and think logically.

tedmg09130913

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could it be that the charging light isn't working? Try leaving the dsl on for eight hours while plugged in. If it stays on then the battery charging should be working. If the ds shuts off shortly after you disconnect the charger then maybe you received a battery that is almost dead.

Steevsee

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have just repaired a Phat DS with identicle troubles - worked fine with a charged battery but no light or charge when connected to charger.
Turned out to be a missing fuse(F1). Yes it was actually missing! Don't know if I knocked it off or what, but I soldered in a replacement wire link and it charges fine now.
You can get repacement fuses which would be better but a wire link will get you working again. Very fine soldering is required as these fuses are tiny!
You can check the fuse with a multimeter to see if it is good or not, before attempting any soldering.

Also have you checked your charger to make sure it is actually working?

Good luck.

MC DUI

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for the replies guys, yes I've tried leaving it plugged in and also tried it with another charger. Both times the battery failed to charge.

Sounds like it could be the fuse issue mentioned, sucks because I've no idea how to solder let alone fine soldering...

tedmg09130913

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most hardware stores sell thin metal tape with adhesive in rolls. You might be able to use that if you cut off a thin enough piece.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==