rockstar99

Hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I used my XL after Months.
Updated my firmware... it says 1.4.3u now.
Updated my DSTWO via DS Lite
Get the Alex rider icon on my XL(was already there before the update btw)
STill get the "an error has ocurred"

Help

Luigi2012SM64DS

G-old member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
you need o update youyr supercard to work in dsi 1.4.3. since you have an alex rider icon you must get another ds or lite or dsi that hasn't been updated to update or your screwed

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By the way, Alex Rider - Stormbreaker is the current game icon on the home menu for 3DS 3.0.0.6 and DSi 1.43 firmwares.
AND I 1/2 agree with Pinkie232 because contacts can differ between two DS consoles. The micro sd contacts could be an issue but the DSi slot-1 contacts have a higher probability at being the culprit in this issue rockstar99 is having.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not exactly. The update didn't change anyone's icon with the 3.0.0.6 update. Please check the contacts in the DSi XL as I'm betting your problem is right there. I feel your card is updated but not making solid contact in Slot-1.

rockstar99

Hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Everything else (Pokemon Soul Silver, Ak2i etc) works on my DSi XL.. and the DSTWO does show up in the menu so I don't think it's a contact proble

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys are doing it wrong, the firmware is only for compatibility with the 3DS. For DSi/DSi XL compatibility you need the latest EOS (which is as simple and dragging and dropping files to your SD card, you don't need a different DS).

Latest EOS is here.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DSTwo will show up without a Micro SD card, it's one of the only flashcards that will. It sounds like you didn't do the firmware update correctly. I know that's a bland answer, and if I was standing there next to you, I'd say give me the card. I'd then format your Micro SD card, re-download the kernel, re-download the firmware update, and re-flash the DSTwo in your DS Lite. Slot-1 contacts are not the problem. So it looks like Pinkie232 was either right about the micro SD card reader within the DSTwo being the problem or the micro sd card itself OR the update/kernel wasn't set up correctly. You are definitely narrowing down the issue rockstar99. :)

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys are doing it wrong, the firmware is only for compatibility with the 3DS. For DSi/DSi XL compatibility you need the latest EOS (which is as simple and dragging and dropping files to your SD card, you don't need a different DS).

Latest EOS is here.
Terminator02, you are absolutely correct, but I was assuming that rockstar99, being an experienced flashcard user, had already placed the latest EOS on his Micro SD card. If this ends up solving the problem rockstar99 then you need to go back to modding school :blink:

BrianPhan_296723

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Latest EOS is here.
For the dsi, do you need the dstwobooot.dat? I have new dstwo v1.11 and a dsi 1.44. Thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Hi