Hacking DVDX not playing DVDs in MPlayer

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed a cIOS using tona's cIOS Patchmii Installer rev 04 then installed DVDX using the normal method. I haven't been able to get a dvd to play correctly in MPlayer. Did I do something wrong? I am on a NTSC-U using firmware 3.2U.

slimpyman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont know what a patchmii is, but, anytime i install dvdx on ios 249, fce gx, snes9xgx, and gnuboy gx wont load roms from a dvd.... as soon as i uninstall it, and do a normal dvdx install, those emus load from dvd. probably does the same crap with mplayer readin dvds.... its sloppy coding.

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there any option to install this using advanced mode? BTW, I have a Wiikey installed and I tried installing the Patchmii version of DVDX after installing a cIOS using tona's installer, but most of my homebrew apps did not load. When I installed DVDX in normal mode those homebrew apps worked, (even though it seems they load a few secs slower) but again no DVD functionality.

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
mplayer and dvdx is just a proof of concept right now. i tried nearly 30 dvds and not even 50% worked. it seems there is much room for improvements. for me it looks like there are problems with dvds which have a different structure than usual.

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I tried about 7-8 different dvds that have protection removed and 1 retail dvd. I also tried uninstalling DVDX again and using the advanced mode to install it again using cIOS249 (From what I understand, tona's Patchmii installer downloads IOS36 and installs it as IOS249) but still no go. Any suggestions?

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
the first time i installed dvdx and cios patchmii installer (cause i have a modchip installed) i didn't work at all. so i uninstalled dvdx and cios and didn't try it again for a couple of days. after about a week later i decided to try it agin and it did work. i don't have any idea what the problem was.

Motoko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
dont even bother with trying to play DVDs from your Wii, just use a DVD player. Tis to much hassle and only works with less then 50% of DVDs. Just as Screemer said the version floating about is just a proof of concept. They might update it, if we're lucky.

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Motoko said:
dont even bother with trying to play DVDs from your Wii, just use a DVD player. Tis to much hassle and only works with less then 50% of DVDs. Just as Screemer said the version floating about is just a proof of concept. They might update it, if we're lucky.
I'm not really concerned about playing movie dvds, but I just want to make sure that this dvd functionality works with other things like updated emulators (especially when WiiSX comes out) and playing media off of dvds with other homebrew media players. Anyway I can test to at least see if its installed correctly?

Motoko

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh ok, well if I was you I would uninstall DVDx

then follow the guide in the link. When I tried it out I used those and it worked with some of my DVDs.
DVDX

jservs7

Witcher of Whores
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Motoko said:
Oh ok, well if I was you I would uninstall DVDx

then follow the guide in the link. When I tried it out I used those and it worked with some of my DVDs.
DVDX
Tried that method and it didn't work for me. I guess I'll just burn a dvd with some roms and music and test them later.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @K3Nv2, WTF?