Gaming Error C2-12828-1 Fix?!

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Keep getting this error on some games. How do I fix it?

IMG_20170901_035158.jpg

GearCross

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I also had that error. It was caused by RinCheat plugin.

Just disabling the plugin wouldn't fix the issue. I had to actually remove the plugin file to be able to play. So, if you're using any plugins remove them then add them one by one until it fails again.

Changing load modes on Maidump also worked, since I was changing to a mode without plugin support.

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
Hmm, I've had this with homebrew before and reinstalling the application worked. Not sure about games though.
Try backing up your saves and installing it again?
Installed the game like 5times from different sources & still not working.

Try switching game modes with MaiDump and see if that works.
Tried doesn't work.

I also had that error. It was caused by RinCheat plugin.

Just disabling the plugin wouldn't fix the issue. I had to actually remove the plugin file to be able to play. So, if you're using any plugins remove them then add them one by one until it fails again.

Changing load modes on Maidump also worked, since I was changing to a mode without plugin support.
No plugin installed yet.

Thelonewolf88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You probably have too many games listed in maidump. It has a bug that crashes the app or games (using its loader) when over a certain threshold (not sure the correct number, 30 possibly)

Move some of the games to a different location and test the ones that fail afterwards. Another way is to rename the mai_moe folders to mai_moe1 and test the failed games. That way it will reduce the number of listed games in maidump

Last edited by Thelonewolf88,

Onepunchbruh

Alhumdulillah
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Pakistan
You probably have too many games listed in maidump. It has a bug that crashes the app or games (using its loader) when over a certain threshold (not sure the correct number, 30 possibly)

Move some of the games to a different location and test the ones that fail afterwards. Another way is to rename the mai_moi folders to mai_mai1 and test the failed games. That way it will reduce the number of listed games in maidump
I have installed like 100+ games in my 128gb card. If I change location of some games will games work? Can you give a tutorial to that method?

Thelonewolf88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have installed like 100+ games in my 128gb card. If I change location of some games will games work? Can you give a tutorial to that method?

That is too many games and there isn't a tutorial for it tbh.

You basically have to check which games still work by renaming their "mai_moe folder, so that it doesnt show in the maidump list. Doing this will downsize the number of games in mai, so it won't crash.

Some games don't require any changes to their boot config i.e modes, so the mai_moe folder can be either deleted or renamed.

You will have to check through you're installed games and see what works after renaming the "mai_moe" folder. If the selected game(s) crashes after renaming it then you know it cannot be changed.

Its mostly DLC titles that need Mode 5 and everything is normally default.

Best way to do it from scratch is to install 20 games, see what works after renaming the "mai_moe" folder and install another 20, rinse and repeat.

Last edited by Thelonewolf88,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: super monkey ball