Hacking Error Code 002-0102, Have I been banned?

Fire_Slasher

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Everyones talking about possibilities and what can or not happen, what is seeable or not.

Look, this is how I see things. As long as you try to be safe using a private header or CIA, just enjoy yourself.

Not playing online because you're afraid of being banned is the same as being banned. Think about that. Weigh down on the pros, cons, what will you do or not with the console, etc.

Ever since we all got a Gateway or any other cart, we knew the risks. So yeah, think about it. :)

Eh I disagree on the being the same part, sometimes it's better to wait days, weeks or a few months even to let the sea calm down and sail smoothly afterwards, I waited 6 months when microsoft was banning people on XBL and once the ban wave was over I went back to it and haven't been banned in 5 years.

Phantom_User

Phantom of Page 666
Trophies
XP
Country
Eh I disagree on the being the same part, sometimes it's better to wait days, weeks or a few months even to let the sea calm down and sail smoothly afterwards, I waited 6 months when microsoft was banning people on XBL and once the ban wave was over I went back to it and haven't been banned in 5 years.
True. But still. Waiting forever on that mindset.. That's just nuts. As far as we know, only public headers have gone to crap, and a TON of people use CIAs so .. For now it's somewhat safe.

sicbud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone been banned using .cia games? If I remember correctly, those don't use headers at all, right? Just trying to decide if I should risk playing MH4 in .cia form or not.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Has anyone been banned using .cia games? If I remember correctly, those don't use headers at all, right? Just trying to decide if I should risk playing MH4 in .cia form or not.
There was one mention but I don't think it holds any water because the guy used ROM's as well. All my games are in cia format and I'm still standing. If you really want to be safe don't attach any NNID to your console and you should be OK.

sicbud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was one mention but I don't think it holds any water because the guy used ROM's as well. All my games are in cia format and I'm still standing. If you really want to be safe don't attach any NNID to your console and you should be OK.

Yeah, that's an issue as I already linked my 3DS to my NNID. That's actually the main reason I'm worried about going online and playing games. If they just blocked the console, then I wouldn't care because I already have a new 3DS waiting for Gateway to release support for it.

phanteon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm about to switch to cia too. Specifically on ssb4 and Mh4.
Any trustworthy report from a cia user?

lemanuel

Maxconsole's All-Knowing Lurker
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm about to switch to cia too. Specifically on ssb4 and Mh4.
Any trustworthy report from a cia user?

I play with CIA and never had an issue. Of course it doesn't mean it can't happen. But it's basically the same for everything and everyone.

guitarheroknight

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Yeah, that's an issue as I already linked my 3DS to my NNID. That's actually the main reason I'm worried about going online and playing games. If they just blocked the console, then I wouldn't care because I already have a new 3DS waiting for Gateway to release support for it.
I wouldn't worry too much about it, GW will release a unbanning function sooner or later. Just enjoy your games ;)

Aliahan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For all those saying "If you don't play online you're basically banning yourself," that isn't true if you only play retail carts online. No header mismatch, no CIA not linked to your NNID, no problems. Presumably.

But we're all totally screwed if they can somehow see our play log and see us using eShop-only content we don't own. Or worse yet, if header info is saved in the play log. Imagine if they added that in the next "stability" update. :cry:

Come to think of it, when we go into eShop it wipes out CIA DLC. What if Nintendo can flag it whenever that happens?

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I wouldn't worry too much about it, GW will release a unbanning function sooner or later. Just enjoy your games ;)

Yeah, probably around 2020/25, give or take ;)

Come to think of it, when we go into eShop it wipes out CIA DLC. What if Nintendo can flag it whenever that happens?

I can go to eShop and I don't lose any of the DLC I have installed

Reactions: Phantom_User

lemanuel

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Isn't that how it always goes? The only upside is that GW manages to make it user friendly with little to no hassle.

Not always. Look at the emulators and the dev tools. GW didn't touch with any of that. At least not yet.
GW's work allows for a lot of evolution in the Scene. But individual developers are the heart and soul :)

Tyrantt

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download the latest template from Sky3DS,
Go to this site: 3ds.essh.co and search for the CTR-X-XXXX (Game ID)
After the 00 00 00 00 XX XX XX XX (your Chip ID)

** : CTR-P-AMKP

SHA1: 87432C300866ACCBFFDF0062EA09AF24405C5E7C
00 00 00 00 C2 FA 03 90 C2 22 13 00 6A A2 95 5D

what is all the numbers/letters after the Chip ID?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    True, but on 2 monitors at 4k. Its just want you want really, to each they own.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    For a kids aspect Anbernic would be the better option they'd probably melt over the price on a good 4k display
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    For that texasroo guy, I'd recommend the Spell and speak as his first system.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So they buy a pi5 kit for about $150 and say a 28" 4k display probably looking around $400 total
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll be getting in the territory of portable Pcs anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Again you get what you pay for, its like buying a S series for $300 but its only 1440p native, if you want true 4k, gotta get the X model for $500. But yea you right, when moms buying it anyways, you gotta stay cheap.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They could use HD out on their TV no real need for a monitor these days tbh the purists will disagree
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm kind of phasing out on the need for wanting all these consoles cool to have but they just become dust build ups
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I here ya there, I have too many myself, and have hard time letting them go, since most of mine I've modded at some point. Anymore I just play Switch on the go, seriesx at home.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ack my throat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I need to invest in some storage totes tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tots?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tootles
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Tootles? Wtf
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh tootles
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh totes , lol, like Tupperware storage, I gotcha
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm designing my own entertainment cabinet for my man cave, to store all my systems, then I'm also designing a power supply/HDMI switcher so I can switch to whichever system I want, and power it also. Already picked up the cabinet board, but tinkering with my drawings before start
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But yea, I have frogger arcade cabinet that I gutted and put a Pi4 then Pi5 into, but it never gets played much anymore, should sell it. Even when the kids come over, they don't want to play on it, just the xbox. TMNT and Simpson's arcade is still so fun on it, esp w 2 players.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gonna check out the new Garfield looks like garbage
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Can't wait to see the new "stick" that can actually play Ps3 or 360 games. I know they are getting close.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty didn't you see the new garfield?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ah it's all animated I was hoping for some live action
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, yes i did
  • T @ TheSusKing:
    does anyone know if you can run android apps on a usb
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean use a external usb thumb drive as storage? Yeah it depends on the phone
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You mean use a external usb thumb drive as storage? Yeah it depends on the phone