Esp8266 help

Leon90xs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
hello guys waiting for the esp8266 to arrive, I'm seeing how to weld and create a box, as explained on https://github.com/stooged/PS4-Server-900u/blob/main/README.md. I wanted to share these changes with you, and if anyone understands them more than me, to see if they are right. I wanted to apply a usb in the circuit, or add a female usb right inside the box, in case I had to update the image for the exploit, I'm a beginner in this :P

FfdIcK.jpg
LZi5sn.jpg

rEhri5.png
SY2SL1.png

SapphireExile

Sapphire
Trophies
Website
sapphirelabs.online
XP
Country
United States
Not going to lie, this is the absolute most stupid way I can see anyone going about this. Why not use the esp natively? Why a reed switch? Why a USB if the chip itself *already has USB headers*?

What are you trying to do here besides have wires floating around needlessly?

Reactions: KuntilanakMerah

KokoseiJ

GBAtemp VOCALOID Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Not going to lie, this is the absolute most stupid way I can see anyone going about this. Why not use the esp natively? Why a reed switch? Why a USB if the chip itself *already has USB headers*?

What are you trying to do here besides have wires floating around needlessly?
Reading a github README gives us pretty clear explanation about what they're trying to achieve here, it's basically to control the power that goes into USB drive with switch so that you could simulate replugging USB wirelessly using Arduino. Not necessary but a decent feature.

About the circuit- I think it would indeed work, but I'm worried that sudden power loss while rw might damage the drive...

You should take the relay controlling code and actually test it on a real hardware to see if it works reliably.

SapphireExile

Sapphire
Trophies
Website
sapphirelabs.online
XP
Country
United States
Reading a github README gives us pretty clear explanation about what they're trying to achieve here, it's basically to control the power that goes into USB drive with switch so that you could simulate replugging USB wirelessly using Arduino. Not necessary but a decent feature.

About the circuit- I think it would indeed work, but I'm worried that sudden power loss while rw might damage the drive...

You should take the relay controlling code and actually test it on a real hardware to see if it works reliably.
I can see that. You can also do literally all of that with the 8266 by itself with no extra wiring, including USB host mode for showing the corrupted ExFAT partition. Hence why I said this has to be one of the most stupid ways of doing that when the device itself can do all of it directly.

Leon90xs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I can see that. You can also do literally all of that with the 8266 by itself with no extra wiring, including USB host mode for showing the corrupted ExFAT partition. Hence why I said this has to be one of the most stupid ways of doing that when the device itself can do all of it directly.
I'm not familiar with these things, maybe you can explain yourself better, so I can understand what to do :)

KokoseiJ

GBAtemp VOCALOID Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Actually just checked the repo again, and it seems that we were both confused as to what that board is. that board is in fact ESP8266, just programmed using Arduino Sketch...

So yeah, that guy does use ESP8266 to accomplish all the things. we were both wrong. :wacko:

Reactions: KuntilanakMerah

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • K3Nv2
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, sorry i thought you didnt read the last couple messages before quoting you agin