Hacking (EZ 3in1 Plus) not saving, already changed battery and nothing

Allen_S

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Hello everyone, at this moment my EZ 3 in 1 "can not save anything ... with the game "Super Mario World" gives me the message: "Your saved data is corrupted" ... When I want to save in any game as "Pokemon Fire" gives me the message: "impossible to save "....

Obviously I checked the battery ... I took her to a skilled technician and says that the battery has 100% load ... anyway we tried a new battery and change, but still can not save progress in games.

Mode "vibration" and "RAM" work perfectly well .... the problem is I can not save progress in any game ... and having changed the battery with a new, I'm beginning to believe it's a software problem .... can someone help?

Use this:

EZ Flash Vi (RC10) + EZ 3in1 Plus

I used "GBA_Exploader 0.58b" and tried to load GBA games directly from the menu but still can not save my progress.

I repeat:

I HAVE ALREADY CHANGED BATTERY

Surely someone else has a similar problem.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
On the gba side, there are about 12 or so different save types while the DS only has 1.

If you got a EEPROM save type game, you will need to SRAM patch the game before use or your saves will be corupt all the time. Or any game that gives you save coruption problems.

You should be using the EZ4 client program to patch the gba rom. You can get it here:
http://filetrip.net/f4753-EZ4-Client-2009-04-03.html

Not at gba flashcarts support every save type so patch is needed. same with RTC. Then there are those gba carts with built in rumble or some light sensor, etc, those require patching too.

To find out what games use EEPROM, use the G-online:
http://gbatemp.net/newgon/?dat=gba

Then look at the bottom to find out what the save type is used by the game like so:
gonline.png

PS: Everyone with a GBA flashcart has been through this.

Allen_S

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I did not know that the "EZ 3 in 1 Plus" required to send the roms using EZ CLIENT ".... I have always worked without having to use the software.

I just sent some roms on the micro SD "EZ Flash Vi" and none of the roms sent to start.

I also tried using "GBATA" patched with option "SRAM PATCH ".... and I still no have results ....

As a last resort just send an email to Rudolph to see if you can help ....

I've been searching for a solution all day and I can not find ... the problem can not be the final stack.

If you have any information which may assist me ... gladly let me know please.

While keep trying.

Blazekid3

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
well i am currently play pokemon fire red 6 days (and the save didn t deleted) so just when you want to play gba games press X button when it have the 2 choices it is better
gbasp.gif

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Allen_S said:
I did not know that the "EZ 3 in 1 Plus" required to send the roms using EZ CLIENT ".... I have always worked without having to use the software.

I just sent some roms on the micro SD "EZ Flash Vi" and none of the roms sent to start.
If you use an EZVi to flash GBA roms into your ez 3in1, you need to copy only clean rom because the kernel (since k1.90) does what EZ4client does but on the fly.
To avoid the save patch process is done everytime, a .dat file is created in GBADATA folder.
Try to delete the content of GBADATA folder and give another try with only clean GBA roms.

Also, which kernel do you use ?

Allen_S

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
So I made friends, is very strange .... I have used "clean roms" (Game.gba) all the time ..... but does not save any progress in any game ... Even in Mario Kart or Metal Slug .... When I burn a game in NOR FLASH (and PSRAM) prevents me from saving any progress ... I sent an email to Rudolph to see if you can help ... maybe it's a bug.
Keep trying anyway ... in another forum have told me they use the "EZCLIENT" but I tried this rom and sent it impossible to start.
Also searching the web I have seen that this failure has never had a solution ... I think it's time we all join forces and we can solve this problem.
This problem is very strange .... and I put a new battery and still does not save my progress.
In any game .... not even using the "POCKET_NES.gba" option "save state" .. simply can not save anything there.

Inform to Rudolph & Cory please.

Use this:

EZ Flash Vi (RC10) + EZ 3in1 Plus (firmware V15)
GBA Clean roms... (game.gba).

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ok. K2.0 RC10 patch automatically GBA saver, so you have to use clean GBA roms if you flash GBA games with the kernel.
Are you sure your GBA roms are clean (not patched with any client or tool) ?
Have you tried to delete the content of GBADATA folder and retried to flash the game in NOR ?

Allen_S

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Yes, just format the memory I have ... I have only clean roms.

Use this:

EZ Flash Vi (RC10) + EZ 3in1 Plus (firmware V15)
GBA Clean roms... (game.gba).

I also tried the "EZ 3 in 1 Plus" with a R4 (another newly formatted memory) + GBA_ExpLoader 0.58b "
And there is no way to save progress, but still 100% battery charged, even got a new one.

I will continue investigating until you get to save my progress.

Communicate with Cory please ... or Rudolph, please.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you are sure to use clean roms, sure the ez 3in1 battery is good then you probably have a faulty SRAM memory (the memory that store GBA saves).
I think i have somewhere on my HD a tools that cory1492 has made for me to test the SRAM component. I will try to find it or ask him again about this tool.
Gives you news soon.

Allen_S

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Thank you very much, so I probably will ..... I'll be waiting your message.

Hello again .... I just run the "WRITE.nds" I get a black screen and this:

Nor Flash id = 0x
Nor Flash err

"Verify" I get the same .... I am very sad ... not to do.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Allen_S said:
Thank you very much, so I probably will ..... I'll be waiting your message.

Hello again .... I just run the "WRITE.nds" I get a black screen and this:

Nor Flash id = 0x
Nor Flash err

"Verify" I get the same .... I am very sad ... not to do.
As i told you in my last post, this tool crash under kernel 2.0 RC10 (i have the same error than you).
Please, use k1.90OB11 to run it : http://filetrip.net/f4744-EZ5-Kernel-1-90-open-beta-11.html
wink.gif

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
sonic0509 said:
I've got same problem. Replaced battery in my 3in1 and still can't save.
Is SRAM test safe on R4?
I think it's DLDI compatible so you can run it on R4 also. BTW, as cory1492 said in the readme.txt, this test will erase the content of the sram.
But, i doubt it's a problem for you and allen_s as you don't have any good saves in SRAM memory.
wink.gif

Allen_S

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
But if I go back to 1.90 brickeo my cartridge??

You can return the RC10 at 1.90 ??????????
There is no risk?

Please respond ...

Allen_S

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I just test it with firmware 1.90 and leaves the same (black screen and the letters that I mentioned).

I can do ??... I am very sad.

Mbmax

Homebrew addicted
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Allen_S said:
I just test it with firmware 1.90 and leaves the same (black screen and the letters that I mentioned).

I can do ??... I am very sad.
Could you take a picture of the error message so i ask cory1492 about that ?
sonic0509 said:
In write.nds I got
QUOTE said:
Err:Add= ,S=74, D=ff

And YSMenu(on R4) always want to format SRAM, and when i choose "SRAM->File" it says
QUOTEError
No filename data in NOR

So it's SRAM fault?
Sounds like it is ...
Which version if your ez 3in1 ? v1 ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: smokey flavor that reminds me of beef jerkey on top of a really rich kind of bbq sauce. Heat...