ezflash III and flash advance linker xtreme

reka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys! sorry but i didn't found any solution. and the Flash advance linker xtreme.

I'm doing my best to try that the linker read the ezflash, but I'm not progressing on that. Any idea or help please?
I have the Ez flash III 1gb edition
1698330767235.png
1698330855516.png

Reactions: assassinz

SylverReZ

GBATemp's Meme Lord
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@FlareReZ I guess it works on W10 too? i'm trying but always that I plug in it stays as "Unknown Device"
Yeah, old software like this would only run under Windows XP. Try setting up a virtual machine perhaps.

Reactions: slaphappygamer

reka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Already have in a virtual machine and I have almost the same problem, I will try make a partition better

SylverReZ

GBATemp's Meme Lord
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The drivers for those devices have never been updated for anything after windowsXP. I have a separate computer just for things like this. I did try to have a virtual machine, but getting the drivers installed was not working for me.

Reactions: SylverReZ

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
That's not the linker for that cart. You're after the EZ-Writer II that came with the EZ-Flash III cartridge.

The software and drivers are buggy af, only run on Windows XP, and the ROM writing fails more often than it succeeds.

1700903341327.png

I had this kit, and hated it so much that I didn't care how "rare" and "collective" it was, I did a straight-across trade with a Temp member on here for a (white MiniSD version) EZ-Flash IV. I was, afterall, just after a working GBA solution.

Last edited by Jayro,

reka

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you all, I will try to find the correct writer or save a little of money and buy the ez-omega or something else with microsd better.

Reactions: Jayro

slaphappygamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love my Omega DE. Flush fit and easy to operate. I have the EZflashIII, but haven't touched it in a while. I have to whip out my XP laptop each time I want to manage it and the battery has "run dry" ever since forever.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I love my Omega DE. Flush fit and easy to operate. I have the EZflashIII, but haven't touched it in a while. I have to whip out my XP laptop each time I want to manage it and the battery has "run dry" ever since forever.
I still only have the original EZ-Flash IV that's white and takes a MiniSD adapter to microSD. I wanna retire it to my Gameboy Player.

Reactions: slaphappygamer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Google isn't very helpful anymore, you get recommended loads of crap that doesn't solve the thing that you're looking for.
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @K3Nv2, afaik yeah but I also don't think that it runs on home grade routers like openwrt/dd-wrt does. OPNsense runs on full-on x86 PC hardware
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sadly openwrt seems to be dying for support unless it's just. Anew name
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like made by the same devs different architecture
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    idk, I mean it had a new release back in March https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/releases
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Not sure how recent hardware it supports though
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean for 1st party routers iirc linksys use to support it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    ahhhh that I have no idea
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    pretty cool though if so
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or from what ive heard ways to set custom imgs for 1st party routers so locked down now days
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    OPNsense VM and specs and specs of system it's running on. https://imgur.com/a/S9wgGUD
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I've turned more features on in OPNsense lately and it's getting kind of high on RAM usage, I see. Probably bump that up to 4GB soon
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wanna make a 8core router with support for 20gbps doesn't even sound that silly lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I only have 1 gig internet but internally I have 10 gig connectivity for everything on my lan lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    fiber connection from my desktop PC back to my core network switch
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    2 port HPE SFP+ PCIE NIC in my desktop and all of my servers
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    silly shit
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    eventually this desktop is going to act as a server too, just for the hell of it. Because this PC is WAY fucking overkill for how little I use it.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    And once I do that, my desktop OS that I interact with is just going to be a virtual machine and use GPU passthrough to connect everything
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send it to me ffs
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    No because it's my desktop lol
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    The most use this PC is getting right now is 979 Chrome tabs open right now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    This is my desktop there are many like it but it is mine alone
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Enabled PPPoE on router now no wifi connection lul
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: F