Gaming Few simple questions about PS3

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
My brother is moving back to Las Vegas, and he's bringing his PS3 with him, and he wants me to buy a controller, so we can play call of duty and such.

My questions are these.

1. Can there be different profiles (PSNIDs) on one console?

2. If so, can we play online at the same time?

3. Also, is DLC and PSN downloads locked to the console or one account? Meaning, can my brother pay for something and download it, and then I sign in and use it?

worlok375

GBAtemp's prince
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
dudeonline said:
My brother is moving back to Las Vegas, and he's bringing his PS3 with him, and he wants me to buy a controller, so we can play call of duty and such.

My questions are these.

3. Also, is DLC and PSN downloads locked to the console or one account? Meaning, can my brother pay for something and download it, and then I sign in and use it?

1. Yes
2. Depends on the game
3. I'm pretty sure it's account, but you'll have to check

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'll just answer them all separately so it's as clear as possible.
dudeonline said:
Yes, no problem.
dudeonline said:
Theoretically it's possible. For example, you can play LittleBigPlanet locally with 2 or 3 people and play with someone online at the same time. However, at the moment you can't be signed in with two PSN IDs at the same time.
QUOTE(dudeonline @ May 28 2010, 10:46 PM)
The normal rule is that PSN downloads can be used on up to 5 consoles. On those consoles, the games can be played with any account. One thing you'll have to watch out for is DRM. Some downloads have additional DRM that requires a user to be signed in with a specific account. But generally, you can play games with an infinite number of accounts on a maximum of 5 systems at once.

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, there can be more than one PSN on one console.

No, I don't think you can play together on the same system (Which is one flaw that makes 360 win in this area)

And yes, DLC and PSN downloads are locked to the console, but you can use the downloads and DLC if it's already on the system. I buy DLC all the time and put my PSN on my friends' PS3s so they can get the downloads too, but if you don't trust someone with your account, you can put a password on it like I did.

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
Thanks for the answers guys
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU