FF7 remake being released as a "Multi part series"

j0ffxdv9wtxoes2aqqak.png
It's been revealed that the highly anticipated Final Fantasy VII remake will be released as a "multi part series" with each offering a "unique experience"

This may come as a blow to fans if this means the whole story of VII won't be available immediately. The announcement has yet to be properly clarifled.
:arrow: Source

Last edited by chavosaur,
Reactions: Chary

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
*Leaves Midgar*
*Walks into a Forest*
*Yuffie appears*
- To purchase Yuffie, please visit playstation store-
*Yuffie uses DLC attack*
*Game over*
This is why I'm into retro gaming these days.

Reactions: HaloEffect17

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
It sounds like more is going to be added to the original story. Awesome!
No it's not. A single huge game is going to be separated in "parts" sold separately. This is not cool. This is a cash grab strategy. Nothing more.

Selim873

Nunnayobeesnes
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No it's not. A single huge game is going to be separated in "parts" sold separately. This is not cool. This is a cash grab strategy. Nothing more.

"And while the basic story scenario will remain same, there will be some new scene additions to FFVII Remake, SquareEnix says."

A little disappointed that the base story is getting split, but if there's new content, I'm fine with that. I'm going to buy all the parts anyway. lol

Reactions: Densetsu

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
"And while the basic story scenario will remain same, there will be some new scene additions to FFVII Remake, SquareEnix says."

A little disappointed that the base story is getting split, but if there's new content, I'm fine with that. I'm going to buy all the parts anyway. lol
I couldn't care less about additions.

They are cutting the game into parts, and we will be forced to buy them to play. That's what I'm saying.

HaloEffect17

Hiya!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I hate when companies implement cash grabs. It's brutally unfair to the consumers. It's like how the recent Hunger Games movie was split into two parts just so they can maximize their box office for two movies.

VinsCool

Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
I hate when companies implement cash grabs. It's brutally unfair to the consumers. It's like how the recent Hunger Games movie was split into two parts just so they can maximize their box office for two movies.
I have a mixed opinion about movies done that way though.

This is cash grab, yes. But, this extends the story, which is great.

Video games though, shouldn't be arbitrary separated like that. Especially when today's medias are perfectly capable of holding the full game in a single bluray disk.

Reactions: HaloEffect17

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So they say it's because of the amount of data? Too bad they couldn't just release it across 3 blurays like the original did with CDs. Which would be possible if not for the whole "digital download" thing. No one wants to download 150GB-300GB for one game.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fire Emblem and now this. At least Fire Emblem gives you a full story, I guess. *sigh

Better split the price too. I guess we should have seen something coming since they seem hesitant to remake this game in the first place.

Reactions: VinsCool

weavile001

Spiritmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Maybe it is : 1st game: Disc one, 2nd: Disc two....
i just hope i can finally take Cloud out of my team and play with Vincent, Tifa and Cid.

AaronUzumaki

A.K.A. Ecstasy Espeon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe they're doing it in parts to push it out faster? I mean, I could see this being fine, provided that each part is priced in a way that all parts would only cost as much as a full game when combined. However, I doubt that would ever be the case. Hopefully, they're talking about Crisis Core, Dirge Of Cerberus, and maybe a playable or remastered version of Advent Children.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag