Hacking Flash Carts Build Quality?

mrSmiles

Dundunduuuun
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well i'm looking into purchasing a second flash cart for my NDS Lite as a back-up for my CycloDS and i'm wondering which cart(s) have a good build quality or which cart(s) is likely to last the longest, I've been reading reviews/posts on the different carts but some may say they are built well while others i read say the quality isn't great or is worse then other carts, which has made me unsure.

I was looking at the Supercard DS One v3 but still i'm unsure about build quality.

Any help would be great.

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You need to wait for more than a few hours for replies...

You shouldn't need to worry about build quality as unless you deliberately break it your cart will outlast the DS.

tedmg09130913

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe you might buy a supercard which has the capabilities of your cyclods card. Or if you want a cheap basic back-up card you might try the m3real or the dstt.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
tedmg09130913 said:
Maybe you might buy a supercard which has the capabilities of your cyclods card. Or if you want a cheap basic back-up card you might try the m3real or the dstt.
?!?!?!
M3 Real is far from cheap basic back up cart!!
IT's GBA compatibility is the highest you can get, with it being the only cart that has GBA cheats and GBA Real Time Save..If you use Sakura firmware, you get fastest and best GUI currently on the scene, it's the only firmware with the built in multimedia support (of the latest upgrades)..It has a better DPG player than last version of the moonshell, because Moonlight, creator of the Moonshell actually worked with M3 Team on development of Sakura..
I'm not trying to sound like a fanboy, but point out some facts...

M3 Real isn't cheap basic back up cart for sure! and it's announced to get the Real Time Save for NDS games soon)

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
mrSmiles said:
Joey90 said:
You need to wait for more than a few hours for replies...

lol i know >.<

another question is it worth getting the ezflash 3in1 for only the browser?
In my opinion, no. The browser is really slow, hard to navigate, and the screen just isn't big enough for web pages. Also, a lot of pictures and complicated things are deleted, giving you manly text. Get it if you want GBA or rumble, but for the browser it's just a waste of money.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Toni Plutonij said:
IT's GBA compatibility is the highest you can get, with it being the only cart that has GBA cheats and GBA Real Time Save

What about the M3 Perfect and slot-2 Supercard? If you're talking about just slot-2 expansion packs then you're right, but if you expand it to slot-2 devices in general, there's more than just one with cheats and RTS support.

Vague Rant

Deceptively cute
Trophies
Website
vaguerant.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Also, the EZ-V and 3-in-1 has cheats, but no RTS.

mrSmiles said:
another question is it worth getting the ezflash 3in1 for only the browser?
Why just for the browser, though? If you only want it for the browser, you might as well buy the browser and get the official RAM pack. If you're getting a 3-in-1, you should at least make use of its GBA functionality, and if you have any interest in it, stuff like DS Linux and SNEmulDS, which also use the expansion RAM.

QUOTE(Sportsmaniac1322 @ Sep 19 2008, 10:13 AM) Also, a lot of pictures and complicated things are deleted, giving you manly text.
Hahahahaha.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
DanTheManMS said:
Toni Plutonij said:
IT's GBA compatibility is the highest you can get, with it being the only cart that has GBA cheats and GBA Real Time Save

What about the M3 Perfect and slot-2 Supercard? If you're talking about just slot-2 expansion packs then you're right, but if you expand it to slot-2 devices in general, there's more than just one with cheats and RTS support.

I WAS talking about expansions only
wink.gif

I own M3 Lite Perfect, so I know it's features..I was merely pointing out why is M3 Real much more than just cheap basic back up cart..
Plus it's not cheap at all....it has middle price range..If bought in a Perfect bundle it costs about the same as CycloDS does..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Damn jack must've came loose outside over all the weather and a tech can't come out until the...