Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
ultra%201G.jpg

F2A Ultra 1 Gigabit
For those who wouldn't know, the next-generation Flash Linkers have arrived on Flash2Advance.com It has a lot of features:
  • There are 2 buttons on the top of the cart (view pic here). "Unlimited Revival": this will create savegames whenever you want; "Slow Motion": this will slow down the game you're playing.
  • Capacity of the cart varies from 256M, 512M to 1G.
  • SRAM size inside the Cart has been significantly increased to 8M. [...]This technology not just increases the number of savers, and also simplifies the game saver's saving and backing-up.
  • Compatible with the following save types: 256K SRAM, 512K/1M FLASH, 4K/64K EEPROM.
  • Built-in real time clock
  • New flash writer software, supporting ZIP files
It's availabe over Success-HK.com. The price is: USD 249.99
Thanks to Lestat5 (PlayerAdvance)

D

Deleted User

The only reason that I want to get one is so that I can put episodes of Gundam Wing on my GBA. the 256 is more than enough for me for games, but I want to have movies! I might have to get it. we need some real product reviews first though.

Mar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
*jaw drops* ZIP Support and 1 gig file size? This is so cool it hurts, can someone lend me 250 bucks?
LOL!
laugh.gif

u joking l33ter

but it's really expensive....
wink.gif

and as jive said....anime on GBA!!!!!!!!
would be so cool to watch onegai in school or something, even only to show off
ph34r.gif

I say phuque the EZ-F advance, i'm saving for this un'

Anime on gba !!!! YES NOW I CAN DIE HAPPY!!!

izo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's cool, but there will only fit one Anime on the cart, max.
Remember 1 Gigabit = 128 Megabyte
That's not so much.
smile.gif

Mar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Doesn't really matter, it's the idea that counts
tongue.gif

boasting with it at school i can't wait
cool.gif

and i don't think you could copy the whole episode, it would need some tweaks, i got this insane clown posse video, for gba, it's 4.whatever megabyte zipped and as there is zip support on this cart....
smile.gif
do the math

monkey

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
holy cr.. er, i mean wow.

it'll be interesting to see the software for it and save management -- you could conceivably fit 32 commercial ROMs (all 4mbit) on this thing so how's that 8mbit of sram divvied up? 32 256kbit banks? Then how does it support 512/1m flash saves in hardware? The banks would have to be bigger than 256... right? Or do they have a pogoshell-style solution eliminating the need for banks at all? Or dare I hope is it somehow PS compatible!?

EDIT: Wait, just read the page the news linked to -- crazy, didn't realize it was actually a F2A card -- sounds like they 'stole' the pogoshell idea, or are at least working towards it.

gba2002

GBA SP Masta
Trophies
Website
www.ausgba.tk
XP
Country
yeah that is my concern too, the price, i would buy one no questions if there were some reviews and it was lower, we dont know how good or bad it is yet so we will have to wait for reviews, anyone that has one please make a review.

Lynx The Dark

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WOW! I want one so badly, I want to put animes on it too, that would be so AWESOME! Or South Park episodes.

Unfortunately it's WAY too expensive for me at the moment
frown.gif
plus I don't want to buy it until I read some reviews, a 1GB Card may cause problems and we need to be careful when buying such huge cards.

This may sound stupid but won't that card drain the battery faster? I know GBC Cards (Huge long ones) which drain the batteries very fast.

Woxxy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ok, first off... why would you wanna watch anime on the gba?! it's so small and the quality is worthless and have you ever heard the sound?
noone's gonna be impressed if you can watch anime on a 2" screen, when you can watch anime on a 20"+ screen!

hmm... and some people really can't read...
it perfectly clearly stated that the new and updated software, had .zip support. the games themselves are not going to be zipped on your GBA. if someone tells you otherwise, it's a marketing trick.

the price? way too proud!
seriously 1GB is a REALLY good achievement, but hey, the price is way too high! you could get a modded XBOX for that!

this unlimited revival sounds like a really neat thing... at least if it works like vboy's F1 and Shift+F1.

That's all I had to say.
I wanna see some reviews before I even consider of wanting one of those.

Garp

GBATemp's Wandering Gnome
Trophies
Website
www.garpland.com
XP
Country
United States
I think everyone with intelligence is waiting on the reviews, and that's not a bad thing. I have questions regarding support, compatibility, etc that will only be answered once it gets a little more widespread on the market. Let's face it. F2A isn't exactly the best supported hardware in recent history, is it? They relied on PogoShell to do their selling for them.

Woxxy

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
They relied on PogoShell to do their selling for them.
Second!
Couldn't be more true!

btw
about the unlimited revive:
i wonder how this behaves.
how many savegames can you have there at once? i bet it'll only be one
and another thing, what if you open a game and hit the load-button, and the savegame isn't for the game you're playing but from another game you were playing... what happens then?
also, i think it would take a memory dump or something like that, and when you hit the load button it just overwrites the current memory.
but wouldn't that lead to another problem
say you play wario ware on your cartridge and you also have fire emblem on that card. (the game would be burnt in that order, wario, then FE)
what happens if you re-burn your cart with say... mario 2 and wario ware (in that order, mario, wario)
wouldn't that make the savegame look for the game where mario is placed and immediately crash?
dunno if it works like that, but it seems logical to me.

also, if pogoshell was to support this card, it would have to update its way to handle gamesaves, since we now have 512k saves, no?

and if you wanna add a new game to your cart, will you have to burn the whole gig again or can you just add a game?

questions like these are the ones that matter!
actually, i think we should make a thread for just these questions!

E

exile

Just wait guys, reviews will be around next week hopefully and their are at least two other companies (some more well received than others
smile.gif
) coming out with 512 and 1GB versions soon that are supposed to be cheaper. This will lower the price and hopefully get us some nice and useful features. Should be a good year.

BTW $250 is way too much. I don't know what the chips run that they use in there, I assume they are still using 256k chips and just use four of them, but anyways that is the price of 2 and a half GBA SPs. That is a little crazy in my opinion. We'll see what happens though. LOL I kind of have this feeling that I should tell you all of the combinations of things $250 should buy after that:

GC+GBA and a game...................etc.... LOL

x_comp

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Like I told Esrion back then, the 1GBit Flash Cart was already available a few months back via some Chinese retail sites. I guess they must have still been in the testing stage at the time.

Anyway, as for putting Anime on GBA, you can already find some demos that you can flash onto your cart. Since you can watch TV on your GBA via a TV Tuner then I'm sure it'll be fine. In fact, they have already been selling episodes of the famous Anime, Detective Conan in Japan for the GBA. But, the catch was you needed an adapter to view the episode that's stored on 32MB Smart Media cards.

So, this 1GBit should give you access to 4 episodes of Anime... if you convert them the same way as the Conan episodes that is.

- Edit -

Ah, it's basically the adapter that PlayingKarrde linked to earlier.

I think 512MBit would be the most plausible size unless you want to have lots of games on your cartridge at once
huh.gif
Otherwise, with a 512MBit you can already store one of the 256MBit games along with 2 x 128MBit ones. That should really be enough
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.pcgamer.com/gaming-industry/sony-apologizes-for-sony-interview-with-sony-developer-ne...