Hacking Free space needed for real time save?

Trel

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I enabled real time save and then played a game I had. When I accessed the menu, it was still greyed out. Do I need to have a certain ammount of free space to use it, and if so how much?

SP0RK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a little trouble before I figured it out as well. Hold down the 'Select' button when you are selecting a game and it will create a RTS file. You should be able to access it now at the in game menu!
yaynds.gif

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RTS saves do require some space though. only a lil bit.
oh and hold down select before you select the game
i had trouble with initializing RTS when everyone said to press select while selecting a game. i would tap the game (or press A) and then hold select, and it wouldnt work...and i was like wtf?!

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Each Real-Time Save file takes up between 4.5 to 5MB (ouch!). So it is quite a lot of space compared to regular saves, which are only 512KB large.
This is why you must hold Select to create a real-time save file, otherwise you're MicroSD will become very cluttered.
I don't know if the Cyclo will alert you when you have no space left for Real-Time Save, but if the saves suddenly stop working then it's probably time to clean out your MicroSD.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers