techboy

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
On the front page, the Recent Reviews & Releases block got added today...

If I use the "Customize this page" on the front page, I can move or disable all the various blocks except Recent Reviews. Of course that's the only one I want to move, as I want it to show up below the news. In this picture of that page, note how "RecentReviews" has a solid border. It can't be moved at all. Every other block with dotted borders can be moved.

Why can't I move this?

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ditto. I'd also like for reviews, and scene releases to be two separate entities. As much as I like reviews, I'd prefer not to see them taking up space on my front page. (However I want to be able to see the latest scene releases every time I refresh the portal.

Can that happen?:yay:

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
It's been locked in place on purpose by Costello
Probably to give it more attention, at least for now.

The reviews and releases have been combined in one box for the same purpose really.

techboy

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'll just remove it entirely with an element filter then I guess. :( Was hoping I wouldn't have to do that since I wanted to keep it in a different spot. I just don't want reviews cluttering the top of the front page.

It seems silly to not allow it be moved though, even "because it's new". It served its initial purpose of "hey look what we brought back" when I noticed it yesterday. Now it's just a nuisance I have to correct on my end. Everyone would need to move it manually to get rid of it anyway, and I doubt most would.

Reactions: pelago

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ah, too bad. My front page currently looks like this: http://puu.sh/3XF4O.png and I wanted to change it so that it took up the entire width of the screen instead of having some empty space to the left. It's not that bad, though. Maybe I'll just remove the poll.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
the block is locked in position right now to make sure everyone is aware of its existence.
once it's started to sink in we'll make it toggleable.
however we have no plans to break the box down into two separately toggleable sections.

techboy

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Alright. I'll just put up with it since I can't imagine it taking more than a week or so before I can move it. Thanks for the response.

If anyone is really annoyed, a quick look at the source would suggest that you can hide it by hiding divs with id recRevMain.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
I honestly don't understand how the block moving system is organized. For example, I can't move the poll lower than the second block on the right side, otherwise it places itself back where it was. If board totals is on the screen, it also has issues letting stuff past it or staying where you put it. The shoutbox absolutely refuses to be anywhere near the top of the screen if any other blocks other than recent topics is in the same column as it.

Frankly, I get the feeling that front screen customization is just kinda broken. That, or there are so many locks in place for certain positions that it's less customization than it is you figuring out what you don't care if it happens to be disabled.

Costello

Headmaster
Administrator
Trophies
XP
lol, I just realized you were talking about the recent threads, not the new releases/review section
right now, no block is locked in position; you should be able to move everything.
the only thing that can't be moved is I think the affiliate box because it's merged together with another box.
remember: drag and drop the box to organize the layout, but don't forget to click SAVE at the bottom of the page!

Aeter

A walking contradiction
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
lol, I just realized you were talking about the recent threads, not the new releases/review section
right now, no block is locked in position; you should be able to move everything.
the only thing that can't be moved is I think the affiliate box because it's merged together with another box.
remember: drag and drop the box to organize the layout, but don't forget to click SAVE at the bottom of the page!
I tried to move the Recent Threads box up but it just puts it on the last position instead of the first.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Diddy - "I never touched her, that bitch is crazy." Video is released. Diddy - " Ok I did it, i am remorseful for my actions during my darkest times." Lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, Glad that the Diddler got caught once again.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Iran ran out of options
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought I saw a puttie snatch...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself) and I had a spare XSX and Switch I ended up selling him at pretty steep cuts. I would just give them to him, but I did buy them with the intent to sell them... and college is super expensive.
    AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird: @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself)...