Android Full Speed NDS Emulator Coming to Android!!!

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At the moment it's only available for Android and the OpenPandora. It could probably be ported to iOS, but since it's closed-source it's entirely up to the developer as to whether or not that happens.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Great to see it's been released. I'm not sure whether I should buy this or not, since my DSTWO still works fine but there may be a few touch-only games that would be great to play on my Nexus 7.
It doesn't have space for even half my roms though.

matejdro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Is there a way to load/save to regular sav files that can then be copied to/from flashcart?

EDIT: Figured it out. Files are in /sdcard/Android/data/com.dsemu.drastic/files/backup. Just need to change extension from sav to dsv.

gman666

Cubicle Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are thinking about downloading the supposed "free" Drastic emulator then you should think twice. Exophase has not officially announced a free version. Please don't listen to the lies and respect Exophase and Lordus' hard work just pay the damn $8!

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If you are thinking about downloading the supposed "free" Drastic emulator then you should think twice. Exophase has not officially announced a free version. Please don't listen to the lies and respect Exophase and Lordus' hard work just pay the damn $8!
I usually buy my Android apps since they're so cheap anyways. I like receiving updates and not putting viruses on my device.

Dunny

Trophies
XP
Country
Just been discussing this on IRC - looks at first glance that the mudlord release does indeed contain malware. Buyer beware, indeed :-p

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Great emulator, and the screen config options are excelent. Definitely in a class of its own. Runs smoothly on my Samsung Galaxy S3 Cheap considering how good it is and how well it plays DS games.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd have no problem paying $8 for it, but my Xperia Play vanished a while back (which is a real shame, given how far PPSSPP has come and now DraStic), and my 'new' phone arriving today or tomorrow uses a Tegra 2 chipset, which doesn't support NEON (to oversimplify, ARM's media processing engine), which DraStic relies on. I'd still by it just to donate to the project, but I unlinked my Xperia Play from my Google Play account, and I don't think Google Play lets you buy apps if you don't have a compatible device linked.

indask8

New Member Forever
Trophies
XP
Country
France
8$ is a bit expensive IMO.

They should have done something like PPSSPP, a free app and a premium app for those who want to support the project, pretty sure piracy for PPSSPP is near zero since there's no point pirating it just for the golden icon, then you can maybe offer faster update for the premium app (something like no$gba, the previous version is free, latest require donation) that way people who don't want to pay get the app anyway and legally, and people who want to support are the first to get a shot at the latest features, it's win-win.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
8$ is a bit expensive IMO.

They should have done something like PPSSPP, a free app and a premium app for those who want to support the project, pretty sure piracy for PPSSPP is near zero since there's no point pirating it just for the golden icon, then you can maybe offer faster update for the premium app (something like no$gba, the previous version is free, latest require donation) that way people who don't want to pay get the app anyway and legally, and people who want to support are the first to get a shot at the latest features, it's win-win.
I agree. I would have no problem paying $5 for this but $8 is priced a lot higher than the vast majority of paid apps. A free (limited) version would be nice just to be able to try the emulator without pirating or buying it.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I haven't tested the games that require the buttons but I did try Osu! Tatake! Ouendan! and it works beautifully. Anyone have a list of other NDS games that makes use of touchscreen only? I could totally see myself leaving my NDS at home when I go on holiday next year. So far the ones that comes to mind is the Layton games.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't tested the games that require the buttons but I did try Osu! Tatake! Ouendan! and it works beautifully. Anyone have a list of other NDS games that makes use of touchscreen only? I could totally see myself leaving my NDS at home when I go on holiday next year. So far the ones that comes to mind is the Layton games.

Okamiden? i wonder how that would fare.

Naridar

Excelsior!
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
The DS Zelda games barely use the buttons. Turn based RPGs like Dragon Quest and Radiant Historia also don't require button precision.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
now if only i had a good android phone...

The DS Zelda games barely use the buttons. Turn based RPGs like Dragon Quest and Radiant Historia also don't require button precision.

playing radiant historia without the buttons constantly makes me miss while chosing attacks or items due to menus being small and dumb.
i also remember similar problems in inazuma eleven... while obviously the football part of the game works great, walking and menus are terrible with the stylus

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-ryzen-granite-ridge-zen-5-desktop-cp...