Hacking FW 3.2 -> 4.0 -> 4.1

Azure42893

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tonight, I decided to finally update my firmware. No particular reason, just felt like it. I have Homebrew Channel installed running on FW 3.2U. Following these instructions: http://webrewwii.blogspot.com/2009/04/syst...stallation.html, I was able to install FW 4.0U successfully. I was about to move on to the next step, patching IOS60 (this IOS stuff confuses me
wacko.gif
), but I have encountered a problem. I tried running HBC, but it wouldn't load up. I can select it, but it just brings me to a black screen, turning off my Wiimote like it usually does when it loads HBC...minus the HBC menu. Is there a way to get HBC running again?

EDIT: Sorry if this doesn't make sense. My brain has been affected by the not-required thinking of summer. (Ironically, I'm playing Professor Layton.)

djda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Barbados
Try using the hackmii installer and uninstalling the homebrew channel then use bannerbomb to load up the hackmii installer again and install the HBC and it should assign it to a working IOS.

Azure42893

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you happen to have a link or something to instructions on how to do that? I'd look it up myself, problem is I'm not quite sure what to look up :S I was able to d/l hackmii, but the readmes don't quite make much sense to me...

EDIT: Nevermind, think I found what I needed in terms of instructions. I'll go ahead and try that method out in a moment.

EDIT EDIT: IT LIVES! Thanks for the help djda.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    inb4 computer science
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Fake Leg scratching 101
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    IT support you can act like your own farts smell like cherries that way
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Odin 2s $300 lol no
  • Scarlet @ Scarlet:
    The Mini is even more lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That RG cube is starting to look like the better value price creep option
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a handheld gaming system with a tablet sized screen, like a 8 or10" screen, with controllers that can detach like the Switch.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @BigOnYa i was legitimately trying to scratch my leg, this is reminding me of that cylinder post
  • Scarlet @ Scarlet:
    I don't see the buzz about a square screen personally. I think there will be a review on the site within a few weeks though if you are interested.
    +1
  • Scarlet @ Scarlet:
    I've put down the money on the Odin 2 Mini since I just love that Vita form factor. Loved the power of the Odin 2 but the size always put me off, this one seems exactly what I've been wanting.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I don't care about the square screen it's just nice to hold something you don't have to stretch your arms a foots length
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All these things expecting to be super huge is overrated just run a type c cable to your TV if you want a big display or in my case screen mirror it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    On the go tho I meant, I use my 10" tablet and a Bluetooth controller for retro gaming while sitting on my porch or on long car rides sometimes. Easier on my eyes than the Switch screen.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My point is we already have enough shit with big displays having something pocketable with up to ps2 would be fine on the go
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken unless the games are made for that screen size most suck on a screen that size... Having a square screen and being brighter and higher res helps but it's not a cure all, text is tiny bullets are tiny, your.... Well lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You can stretch to fit probably it's not all bad that they make it seem to be
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People always yap about oh but you loose pixels but yeah it won't look awful either
    I like filters :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Filters are why you don't go on 2nd dates
    Lol nahhh it's because I usually get what they want on the first date lol
    I swear if I hear "I don't usually do this on the first date" on more time... I am going to start counting
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought you McDonald's even tho you lied about your pics I still deserve this
    No no continue, I hear these things women say so often I decided to start counting
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: No no continue, I hear these things women say so often I decided to start counting