GameBoy Color Emulator on GBA!

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I love playing these games on my psp and all, but there's just something about the DS that I love. It just seems more comfortable in my hands. Now with GBC on my DS (my SP only gets used for flashing the flash cart I gave to me cousin), my PSP will be getting even less playtime on it. GBC had so many great titles to choose from. Plus I still haven't gotten around to playing Oracle of Ages and Oracle of Seasons (I slack... hugely). Now all I need is a fast Genesis emulator for NDS and I'm set. Hey, I can dream can't I? Thanks alot Dwedit!

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Heh what an impact this must've had on you, Vater Unser. I'm guessing you don't own a DS or even the GBA since you had to buy a Micro just because of this emulator?

I think I would've purchased a DS instead. The Micro ain't worth its price tag if you ask me. When the GBM was announced, I could only picture myself owning one if I got it for free... which I did two weeks ago, yay!
happy.gif
tongue.gif

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Heh what an impact this must've had on you, Vater Unser. I'm guessing you don't own a DS or even the GBA since you had to buy a Micro just because of this emulator?

I think I would've purchased a DS instead. The Micro ain't worth its price tag if you ask me. When the GBM was announced, I could only picture myself owning one if I got it for free... which I did two weeks ago, yay!
happy.gif
tongue.gif
I've already got a GBA SP and a DS, but I never take them with me because they don't fit in my pocket...
but this emulator isn't the only reason why I bought a GameBoy Micro
wink.gif

Freezard

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Damn.. and I just bought 10 GBC games. :s

Well, finally I can soon probably play the Zelda Oracle games without having to open them (sealed).
smile.gif

dafatkid27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Wow! I'm extremely impressed! I caught it this morning doing my routine "see what's new" and just had the chance to actually try it out. It works very nice, and even better on a flash cart. For example, Pokemon Gold has weird glitchy lines everywhere in VBA, but it plays just about perfect on a flash cart! I haven't been able to see what's wrong, I'm assuming the clock might not work perfect but I'll get back to you guys when I've tested it more!

EDIT: Well, workin' beautifully till I saved (normally, no save states). It doesn't save correctly. Ah well, it's an alpha!

tshu

On epic journey, brb.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm actually dissapointed with the emulator. (I know it's new, not complaining).

Pretty much every game I tried has lots of glitchy graphics, and slowdown. Even some that you people said were good... which almost makes me wonder if I did something wrong. Just not sure how I could have.

Another thing that I find strange, is that on GBC games you can still change the display colours, that are meant for non-gbc games. And it changes some sections of the graphic's colours...

D

Deleted User

Oh My God.
Now i can play Zelda! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
and Fushigi No Shiren!
(skips away while shouting good Gameboy Color games)

camx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i've frequented pocketheaven for well, since their birth i guess. so for someone to say their "disappointed" is just completely uncalled for and ignorant. what do you think pocketNES was in it's first few versions? so we dont have to justify a post simply about being disappointed with a baby project, i'll wait as patiently as i did throughout the development of everything else that has to start somewhere.

as for the pallettes, *obviously* this is goomba, with GBC features added in. maybe you should demand the author take that stuff out, because it bothers you? or we could all be nice and patient while he works on it at his leisure, for our enjoyment, for free. *especially* after even the entire PH boards have said so often that sure, its possible but will probably never happen.

Freezard

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nah GBC games don't cost more than 10$ including shipping nowadays (cartridge only). So until the beta or final version is here it's better to buy the games. ^^

kingkong

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
some games i checked that work perfect or almost perfect.... first one(dragon warrior) got some problems with the intros/cutscenes but gameplay seems fine...

Dragon Warrior I & II (U).gbc
Game & Watch Gallery 3 (UE).gbc
Legend of Zelda, The - Link's Awakening DX (UE) (v1.2).gbc
Magical Tetris Challenge (U).gbc
Mario Golf (E) [C][!].gbc
Mario Tennis (U).gbc
Metal Gear Solid (U).gbc
Monopoly (U).gbc
Pocket Puyo Puyo Sun (J).gbc
Pokemon Pinball (U).gbc
Prince of Persia (E) (M5).gbc
Space Invaders (U).gbc
Super Breakout! (U).gbc
Tetris DX (JU).gbc
Wario Land 3 (JU) (M2).gbc
Wings of Fury (U).gbc

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nah GBC games don't cost more than 10$ including shipping nowadays (cartridge only). So until the beta or final version is here it's better to buy the games. ^^
Yes but the big attraction for the emulator is that it means you can play GB and GBC games on the DS this way, which you wouldn't be able to do if you actually bought the original carts.

Anywho emulator compatibility is great... all games I've tried so far run (with the exception of a One Piece game which crashed a few minutes in), though speed is certainly an issue. They should port it to the DS and use that extra power.
wink.gif

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Yes but the big attraction for the emulator is that it means you can play GB and GBC games on the DS this way, which you wouldn't be able to do if you actually bought the original carts.

Anywho emulator compatibility is great... all games I've tried so far run (with the exception of a One Piece game which crashed a few minutes in), though speed is certainly an issue. They should port it to the DS and use that extra power.
wink.gif
Didn't know there was a One Piece game for the GBC. What is it like?

tshu

On epic journey, brb.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i've frequented pocketheaven for well, since their birth i guess.  so for someone to say their "disappointed" is just completely uncalled for and ignorant.  what do you think pocketNES was in it's first few versions?  so we dont have to justify a post simply about being disappointed with a baby project, i'll wait as patiently as i did throughout the development of everything else that has to start somewhere.

as for the pallettes, *obviously* this is goomba, with GBC features added in.  maybe you should demand the author take that stuff out, because it bothers you?  or we could all be nice and patient while he works on it at his leisure, for our enjoyment, for free.  *especially* after even the entire PH boards have said so often that sure, its possible but will probably never happen.
Ow, my head hurts. Please stop biting it off.

I should have chosen my words more carefully. I know it's Alpha. And I love Goomba, works great for all the Gameboy mono games.

I am still dissapointed in what I have found, because it's not performing for me, as great as everyone else says it is. Every single game has specs of black pixels across the entire screen, even games that worked perfect on the other Goombas. So when somebody says that Zelda DX works "perfect", and it clearly doesn't for me, I will become "dissapointed."

But it was never meant to be rude to the creators. They're doing great things! It's an alpha, so don't get so worked up over it. I'm quite patiently waiting.

And does frequenting "pocketheaven for well, since their birth i guess" make you any more important that anyone else? Nope. But I am glad you found a way to sneak that in there somewhere.
smile.gif

dafatkid27

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
tshu, I think I may know your problem. When running a couple of games (on VBA) I also noticed black specks and lines and weird glitches. But when I flashed it to my flash cart everything worked fine. Maybe you should try it on your flash cart if you haven't already?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7iLZ35NrQt/?igsh=MWd2Z3U0dmNlMmNxcw==