metron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is the skin: Gameboy Sakura FINAL
m3sakuragameboypreviewuu5.png

And their is a small preview. I need people to test and tell me how they like or dislike it and what I can do to improve it! It is not yet finished so it wont look 100% complete but its in good enough condition to use.

UPDATE: in this update the mp3 player now has been changed and I fixed the problem with the clock covering words. Also made the "Nintendo Gameboy Sakura" on the bottom screen lighter making easier to read the first folder. Update to the colortbl.ini.

FINAL UPDATE: everything should be set to go now!

TO-DO LIST: nothing hopefully

SOUNDS: Gameboy Sound Pack Their is the sound pack that goes with this skin. It changes the current default sounds the m3sakura plays when opening a folder, booting up, etc. instructions on how to use them are included in the zip folder! plz let me know if you experience any problems with these!

LOADING SCREEN:: Heres the mini_load.bmp
miniloadsn9.png

right click and "save as" then rename it to mini_load.bmp and place it in the system folder.

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
From looking at it for less than a minute, the first thing I see is that the top folder blends in too much with the Nintendo Gameboy Sakura text on the bottom screen. You can't see what the folder is. I also think it could use some new "Start" and "Options" buttons for when you select a game, but I guess that's why it's not the final version! I'll edit this post if I find anything else.

EDIT: Also, the date/time in the top right corner goes over what the directional buttons and what the A button does. I also want to say that I really like the video player controls. Very original!

metron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sportsmaniac1322 said:
From looking at it for less than a minute, the first thing I see is that the top folder blends in too much with the Nintendo Gameboy Sakura text on the bottom screen. You can't see what the folder is. I also think it could use some new "Start" and "Options" buttons for when you select a game, but I guess that's why it's not the final version! I'll edit this post if I find anything else.

EDIT: Also, the date/time in the top right corner goes over what the directional buttons and what the A button does. I also want to say that I really like the video player controls. Very original!
I noticed the date and time problem. the only way to get around that is to move the text inward a little. wich I thot would look a little weird. I figured that everyone (im pretty sure everyone) knows what A and the directional buttons do
tongue.gif
but moving the text wouldnt to bad of an idea. and for the Nintendo Gameboy Sakura part I could either lighten it up or just remove it. Whatever you thinks would look best. and yea. the buttons i havnt gotten to yet. gonna get those tommarow, along with the mp3 player.

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
NPmetron said:
Sportsmaniac1322 said:

I noticed the date and time problem. the only way to get around that is to move the text inward a little. wich I thot would look a little weird. I figured that everyone (im pretty sure everyone) knows what A and the directional buttons do
tongue.gif
but moving the text wouldnt to bad of an idea. and for the Nintendo Gameboy Sakura part I could either lighten it up or just remove it. Whatever you thinks would look best. and yea. the buttons i havnt gotten to yet. gonna get those tommarow, along with the mp3 player.
Maybe (and I'm by no means a designer here) you could just remove the directional and A button's descriptions totally. That way you could have space for the time and have the controls for every other thing. In my opinion you don't even really need the controls, but that's up to you.

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I like what you did with the top screen in this version. It also fixed the clock problem, so that's good. The top folder is still sort of hard to read, but nothing I couldn't live with. Otherwise looks good. I think it's ready for a final version.

Rob_Threat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not a big fan of user skins... not at all. in fact, for Sakura I generally use a Japanese GBalpha made skin.

that said, this skin is awesome. pure and simple Nintendo.

you deserve high praise.

yaynds.gif

metron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
expect it to be done sometime soon (probably sometime after Christmas) becouse where I am its only 1:45 AM Christmas. I dont usually spend much time on the computer during the Holidays so yea...

metron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I recently found out how to edit the sound effects in Sakura. So im makin a sound pack to go with this theme! keep checking back to get them!

EDIT: Got the sound effects working! They are in the first post.

Sportsmaniac1322

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Could you maybe make a mini_load.bin to go with this? I think that's what it's called (named it off the top of my head) but basically it's the picture that comes up when a game is chosen. That would make it complete in my opinion.

metron

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sportsmaniac1322 said:
Could you maybe make a mini_load.bin to go with this? I think that's what it's called (named it off the top of my head) but basically it's the picture that comes up when a game is chosen. That would make it complete in my opinion.
ya. I could do that. mini_load.bmp doesnt usually take long to make.

EDIT: Heres the mini_load.bmp
miniloadsn9.png

right click and "save as" then rename it to mini_load.bmp and place it in the system folder.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "There is literally no way to know if they will ever release a new Zelda game, it's wild speculation until they officially confirm it."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black ops was the lesser shitter line in cock a poopoo tbf just a way to let people know it hasn't died or going a different route I guess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $70 DLC per 6 months is what it turned into
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/R28ZSY2Sc2A?si=H5Lb6PNkzMhAHO_P