Hacking Gamecube games make me cry

MizuhoChan

OP
Trophies
Website
mii.nanodesu.org
XP
Country
I have a 32" TV and tried to play Tales of Symphonia and I just couldn't get past the "OUCH, MY EYES" graphics. Other than getting another, smaller TV, is there a way to make it less blurry?

I don't suppose there is a utility that will let me reduce the resolution the Wii plays at is there?

TaxiTitan

Trophies
XP
Country
MizuhoChan said:
I have a 32" TV and tried to play Tales of Symphonia and I just couldn't get past the "OUCH, MY EYES" graphics. Other than getting another, smaller TV, is there a way to make it less blurry?

I don't suppose there is a utility that will let me reduce the resolution the Wii plays at is there?

Like they said.. hold B when starting any Jap or USA game to choose 480p when using your YPBPR component cable.
Make sure not to use ZOOM or 16:9!
only resident evil 4 has the ZOOMable widescreen which sux compared to Wii edition.
Use only 4:3 format! I know the picture looks smaller, but it makes it sharper & prevents characters/objects to look like Eric Cartman.

RadioShadow

Trophies
XP
Country
linkinworm said:
o forgot to add, you might have to enable 480p in GC mode again, hold B while booting the game from the wii menu then sellect progressive mode

Didn't the Progressive Option get removed in the PAL Gamecube Games? Unless I'm mistaken.

arctic_flame

GBAtemp ATMEGA8 Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
RadioShadow said:
linkinworm said:
o forgot to add, you might have to enable 480p in GC mode again, hold B while booting the game from the wii menu then sellect progressive mode

Didn't the Progressive Option get removed in the PAL Gamecube Games? Unless I'm mistaken.

I'm pretty sure you're right. Which sucks because my gamecube is the hardware revision with a component out port.

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Tales of Symphonia doesn't support 480p anyway. So it'll always run in the default resolution regardless of component or composite cable, pressing the B button or any Wii settings.

That game in particular tends to look blurry. It's part of the way the graphics engine of the game was done. You'll notice that in some scenes some characters are more or less blurry than others depending on how deep in the 3D field they are in. It's not something you can work around.

And just FYI for everyone, the component output (that supports 480p) was only available in the US for a limited time as well. Newer revisions of the Gamecube in the US also only had composite cables (480i only). They dropped it pretty quick if memory serves. Nintendo says that it's because only a small percent of their user base actually took advantage of the feature, so they cut it out to save production costs in later revisions. Not sure if PAL versions ever got progressive scan.

linkinworm

Trophies
XP
Country
RadioShadow said:
linkinworm said:

nope, well you can get 50 60hz in pal games, but all my GC games are imports(usa and jap), and zelda looks mint anyway, i think its because i have pal hardware running with the component cables so it looks nicer in pal games for me anyway

TaxiTitan

Trophies
XP
Country
Hooya said:
Tales of Symphonia doesn't support 480p anyway. So it'll always run in the default resolution regardless of component or composite cable, pressing the B button or any Wii settings.

That game in particular tends to look blurry. It's part of the way the graphics engine of the game was done. You'll notice that in some scenes some characters are more or less blurry than others depending on how deep in the 3D field they are in. It's not something you can work around.

And just FYI for everyone, the component output (that supports 480p) was only available in the US for a limited time as well. Newer revisions of the Gamecube in the US also only had composite cables (480i only). They dropped it pretty quick if memory serves. Nintendo says that it's because only a small percent of their user base actually took advantage of the feature, so they cut it out to save production costs in later revisions. Not sure if PAL versions ever got progressive scan.

Nope.
Not a single Pal GC game has 480p, but the older Pal consoles have AV digital out put, and can output it if you have a modchip to play import games.

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
or try to force 480p with GCOS but probably won't work
smile.gif

tho just so you know, 480i vs 480p is great 'n all but it's still 480 and it's still going to look kind of crappy on a big tv.
I still enjoy playing ps2 n gamecube games on my 42" but it is visible that they're old
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • a_username_that_is_cool @ a_username_that_is_cool:
    DDDS . Dual Developer Dedede System :)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    also happy birthday @Xdqwerty
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Is it me you're looking for?
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    'Cause I wonder where you are
    wait I got the lyrics mixed up
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And I wonder what you do...Lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its all good, I'm here to talk to you.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hello
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing fallout4 all day, I went into a elevator and it kept going, never stopped, waited 5 minutes, must of been a bug. How bout you, whatcha do today?
    +1
    I'm wondering why a stray tuxedo cat has a cloudy eye
    I've been playing TOTK all day also
    +1
    Oh you reminded me of those elevator nightmares
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Awesome game, fun how they force you to build, but you can build as you want
    It is super fun, I actually prefer it over BoTW
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The guy holding the sign always cracked me up, esp when you fail, and it falls
    Ah yes, that guy lol. I still need to find all his signs. The game has a lot to do though so I don't know what to finish first
    I'm 120 hours in and am still like 44.4% done
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good times. Building is starting to get good around now for you. You making me want to make run thru again.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, enjoy your gaming, and avoid the lightning, or put your sword away. Good night.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All I gotta do is not spend $10 in the next 5 days and I'll break even this month lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, tell your wife not to forget her wallet
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/YMAa6obDNZs?si=rymChLKeTdyS8nqk