Hacking GameCube to Wiimote Adapter (cool)

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
gc2wii.jpg

Marcan from Team Twiizers has uploaded a video showing off his custom made GameCube to Nintendo Wii controller adapter. This adapter allows you to use the old controller on your Nintendo Wii with only some limitations.

Quote:
Here's a video of a little gamecube pad to Wii Remote adapter that I rigged up. The console sees the adapter as a Classic Controller. It's missing some buttons (-, home, ZL), but those are rarely used (Start maps to +). This lets me play SSBB, Mario Kart, and VC games using a plain GameCube pad without having to use the questionable Classic Controller, and without a WaveBird. It also works with the System Menu, as you can see in the beginning of the video. Since WaveBirds are out of production, this is probably the only way of using an official Nintendo GameCube pad with the Wii, wirelessly.

The guts: a PIC18F4520 microcontroller, and that's pretty much it. A couple resistors and capacitors, and the quartz crystal are all that there is to the hardware part. I cut up a Nunchuk extension cord for the Wiimote plug, and made a crappy GC connector out of a piece of circuit board. This uses the Wii Remote's power supply. The big flashing board that you can see to the left is an FPGA used as a logic analyzer for debugging, but it has nothing to do with the actual adapter (I unplug it halfway through the video).

Zantetsu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Majority of games that use classic controller use the gcn controller anyway.

But it's a nice, successful project, no doubt.

Screemer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Zantetsu said:
Majority of games that use classic controller use the gcn controller anyway.

But it's a nice, successful project, no doubt.
yea, but with this mod you don't have to run extension cords cross your living room. my wii is 5m away from my couch and i have 2 ext. cords plus the gc-controller cable to reach it. as soon as my dog is crossing in front of my tv my wii is in danger of falling of my tv cupboard.

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
This only tells me that he has been spending more time on this when he should be working on BootMii...Why waste talent on this pointless stuff? I don't mean to sound like a dick, but I thought he was a devoted to his project BootMii? This probably could have been made by someone else... seems simple compared to his BootMii... just tells me that he is having trouble with that project.

S

spectral

Because its his hobby and it interested him. Why shouldn't he do it? he doesn't owe us anything. Its not pointless, he will have enjoyed making it, not everything he does has to be useful to the scene. He is entitled just to have fun you know.

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
IronMask said:
This only tells me that he has been spending more time on this when he should be working on BootMii...Why waste talent on this pointless stuff? I don't mean to sound like a dick, but I thought he was a devoted to his project BootMii? This probably could have been made by someone else... seems simple compared to his BootMii... just tells me that he is having trouble with that project.

what is pointless for you may not be for other people
what is waste of time for you is pure geek enjoyment for him

contrary to what most people tend to believe when they continuously get stuff for free, nobody is "devoted" to make stuff for you

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Yea, but you guys fail to see his people skills suck.. Go to Tehskeen and read what he said there...
http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=9733

and here's a quote from the thread so I know I am not the only one to have no respect for him as a person...

member++

Marcan, Fuck off.

This place is a pub and not a slave labour press (Aka univeristy of hackmii, aka stolen work 101).

Go to the head bars and again, Fuck off. I wish I had some head bars in my city. You elitist Spanish asshole. You stupid perfectionist half-blooded
mugwart!

Are you a Hollenzolleran? Are you in the line of succession to any throne in Europe? No, You are less than half-blood! You are lucky to be barely better than a gypsy you stupid shit.

Be nice and people will be nice to you: Your people skills are an epic failure to your class! Stop making my Spanish tita and my beloved primos look bad for being Spanish.

On that note, Your work is nicer than you are. I appreciate your effort but wish someone could cut out your tongue. We want to love you, but you are rotten.

Btw, nice allusion to the fact Classic controller is patent violation of some Texas firm. I said it and I mean it: join the human race or just die off you mugwarted bastard.

Priest's Secret: This in no way defends Brakken (who seems to dislike me very much.)

Priest's Priest's Secrets: Only three good things ever came out of spain--Calimocho, Absinthe and a dead Portugese prince. Irradiated Milk in a box is fucking up your mind Marcan!

PPS, I'll forward this to hackmii to make certain you get it! Do you own the three towers? Do you even have the money to live there?

God I wish I could say something nice to you just once: you cannot be as bad as you sound.

Bushing, Silence is golden: anon abeyance bolden?

Yes, I know I basically just banned myself but really marcan, What the fuck is your probelm? Again, good work by not good people.

"Every time you use the homebrew chanell, God kills a kitten!"

You have to read the rest of that thread...but if you ask me I think Marcan is everything and more of what this guy said...sure all you guys can ride on his coat tails if you want... especially you DJDynamite... when are you gonna actually contribute something besides a bunch of crap that everyone already has access to see?!

S

spectral

I dont give a fuck what his people skills are like, I don't know him nor am I trying to become his friend. He could be the nastiest person alive and people will respect him for his work and acomplishments. You seem to think he owes it to you to be working on the project you want to use. He owes you nothing. He has spent time on an experiment HE wanted to do and has every right to do so. Exactly why should he be spending his time on bootmii instead when he obviously enjoyed doing this more? If you feel you're so entitled to Bootmii learn how to code and make it yourself.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Hey, let him do his stuff...this few hours...damm...now we have to wait maybe ~3 Days more for BootMii...oh...very hard...and he's not the only one who's working on BootMii...

I can wait, and this is a great "hack", I realy like it!

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
sure , marcan social skill are not very high-developped, iand he seems to have a pretty high image of himself

just let it be, he provide incredible stuff to the wii hacking but it's just better to ignore his "baby genius" babbling, nobody force us to be "friend"

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I agree, Marcan's social skills are lacking at times, but we all have problems. Hopefully he realises that's something he needs to improve upon.
But anyway, cool project I guess.

QUOTE said:
IronMask, you're being kinda hypocritical here. I'm sure a lot of people are uptight about the BootMii project and how other projects are relying on it, but he's allowed to do whatever the heck he wants. So yeah, he's not a slave, he's just as much a person as you and me.

noobwarrior7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IronMask said:
DJDynamite... when are you gonna actually contribute something besides a bunch of crap that everyone already has access to see?!

how about you stfu and quit flaming people....you have no reason to be such a little whiny biatch.

people are always flaming dynamite for something, be it "crass responses" or "bringing news".

(due to ISP-side firewalls and IP-blockers, everyone else can't always "access to see" what you can, so it's not pointless, btw)

I've personally seen him help a bunch of people, and I've seen a bunch of people who were interested in his posts,
if you don't want to take part in discussion with him, you don't have to.

for the record I've never seen him be outright mean to anyone, you on the other hand, I can't say the same...

...let's just let the marcan flaming die....no reason to turn a single guy into a taboo topic around here anyway.

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Dunno. The new GC controller with the 3m cable works for me. Connecting a standard cube pad to a Wiimote with a cable isn't what I'd call "wireless".

Good work however, considering that this isn't just the interior of an original classic controller built into the shell of a cube controller.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
######
QUOTE said:
QUOTE said:
DJDynamite... when are you gonna actually contribute something besides a bunch of crap that everyone already has access to see?!

how about you stfu and quit flaming people....you have no reason to be such a little whiny biatch.

people are always flaming dynamite for something, be it "crass responses" or "bringing news".

(due to ISP-side firewalls and IP-blockers, everyone else can't always "access to see" what you can, so it's not pointless, btw)

I've personally seen him help a bunch of people, and I've seen a bunch of people who were interested in his posts,
if you don't want to take part in discussion with him, you don't have to.

for the record I've never seen him be outright mean to anyone, you on the other hand, I can't say the same...

...let's just let the marcan flaming die....no reason to turn a single guy into a taboo topic around here anyway.

Iron mask, this goes out to you, first of all i just thought I'd leave your shit for now, but since i noticed your flame on Marcan, for no reason.
Go remove all your "fucking homebrew" you self obsessed Poor, Sad, Deformed, Urban Pustule!!
Who do you think you are questioning him, you tosser, Why cant you just"Appreciate" coders work!

As Noob said, i DO HELP!!!! allot of people, many people PM me as im "helpful" yeah i piss people off, due to the fact they piss US off, with the fact that
A: the don't fucking search!
B: they give crap reply's about certain things been better than others
C: you Ironmask, are a complete cock, and your mother should have DROWNED YOU AT BIRTH!
I still believe, if you flame any member of Team Twiizers, you ought to REMOVE ALL HOMEBREW, as it wouldn't of happened "wii wise" if it weren't for them! agreed? otherwise get your wii chipped, if you haven't already, and stick to your gamecube homebrew.

Anyway, what was the point in bringing my nick into it?

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kinda similar in idea, but kinda not--is there something similar to actually replace the Wiimote? My brother's disabled, and can barely hold the Wiimote, and impossible to play any of the games requiring any sort of maneuvering (not just whacking the controller). How expensive would it be (if the knowledge was readily available) do you think this sort of controller would be? It'd only have to be able to direct the Wiimote's pointer, similar to how the VC controller does on the main menu.

Wishful thinking, most likely, but still, a Nintendo fan that was completely cut off from whatever it is that Nintendo offers now
frown.gif
Luckily, the DS is still running rather strong.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Here's one thats even better. https://youtu.be/Wx5HOQuP7Xk