Hacking Games giving me a "Can't read DVD" error

riahc3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey

Suddenly, backups that have worked in the past on DVD-Rs are now failing. I can play somewhat thru the game but at random moments, It does not load the next content and displays a black screen saying that the Wii cannot read the disc and I have to read the manual and to turn off the Wii.

Why now? Whats wrong? I havent touched/change anything and my Wii has not updated itself because it is not connected to the internet. Any tips/solutions?

adriande2

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Some things to try:
1) Try cleaning your disc.
2) Try reburning it on a slower speed. (this has helped me more than once)
3) If you are booting it through the disc channel, try a backup launcher.

boof222

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
xzxero said:
dvd drive is dying out?
yeh thats probably it alot of people have/havehad this problem a new drive (according to my friend (he had this) costs about 80 australian dollars.
or you try using a lens cleaner because it could be a lens program but beware with the official nintendo lens cleaner its been known to make things worse and it wont read anything.
hope that helped.

riahc3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiiman123 said:
Dirty/scratched up disc?
Cleaned it and same thing.

xzxero said:
dvd drive is dying out?
This is what Im looking into (which would be the worse case)

If this happens, will original games stop working as well?

QUOTE(adriande2 @ Oct 10 2009, 07:46 AM)
Some things to try:
1) Try cleaning your disc.
2) Try reburning it on a slower speed. (this has helped me more than once)
3) If you are booting it through the disc channel, try a backup launcher.
1) Tried
2) All the discs use to work so it isnt a burning issue.
BTW read this: http://club.cdfreaks.com/f33/slow-write-sp...no-good-247643/
3) Im booting it thru a Backup Launcher (NeoGamma)

ashexx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This happened to me about a month ago. I simply took the wii apart and cleaned the drive's lens with alcohol. My cousin used nintendo's official dvd lens cleaner kit but still had occasional crashes so I opened up his wii too and cleaned the lens directly. Both wii's working perfectly fine now. Might I add cleaning it this way somehow made the drive less noisy too. While you're at it when the wii's opened clean up the fan and other parts as well.
wink.gif

riahc3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ashexx said:
This happened to me about a month ago. I simply took the wii apart and cleaned the drive's lens with alcohol. My cousin used nintendo's official dvd lens cleaner kit but still had occasional crashes so I opened up his wii too and cleaned the lens directly. Both wii's working perfectly fine now. Might I add cleaning it this way somehow made the drive less noisy too. While you're at it when the wii's opened clean up the fan and other parts as well.
wink.gif
Pure luck. You should NEVER directly touch a lens. If you wet the lens up, the light from the laser gets deflected and wont properly read anymore.

ashexx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
riahc3 said:
ashexx said:
wink.gif
Pure luck. You should NEVER directly touch a lens. If you wet the lens up, the light from the laser gets deflected and wont properly read anymore.

Whatever dude. I've a 6yr old dvd burner that's still running fine since i periodically cleaned its lens with this method. Of course you got to make sure you do it right and not scratch the lens or leave any residue behind. I bet in many cases where you sent the wii back to nintendo they just do the same thing.
ph34r.gif

riahc3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TRushInfo said:
and stop blowing pot smoke directly into the wii!!!!
hahahaha...no

ashexx said:
Whatever dude. I've a 6yr old dvd burner that's still running fine since i periodically cleaned its lens with this method. Of course you got to make sure you do it right and not scratch the lens or leave any residue behind. I bet in many cases where you sent the wii back to nintendo they just do the same thing.
ph34r.gif

One of my burners is 9 years old (right when they came out more or less) and it still writes (at its slow speed) great and I have never cleaned it. What is your point?

Nintendo problably uses either a powerful airblower or one of these discs with brushes.

Tichinde925 said:
I clean stuff with rubbing alcohol as well and no problems only solutions.
There is a difference between stuff and laser lens
smile.gif

QUOTE(xDarkElement @ Oct 12 2009, 04:28 AM)
buy a external harddrive haha
Again not funny
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been taking fiber pills, eating more grapes, switched to wheat bread in hopes to lower it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like wheat bread, I even like the chunky wheat bread with pieces of whole grain in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Been getting this honey wheat bread from aldis pretty decent not very sweet to out do it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Me making any food at home is an improvement to how I use to be
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have an bread machine and use it alot, better than breads you buy, but don't last as long, cause no bs preservatives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    My phone only has 13% battery so i don't have much time left
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Now 12%
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday, btw
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Happy birthday, btw