Status
Not open for further replies.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and these teams could solve the ''problem'' about region lock? ( I don´t know if someone already ask this to you...)
If they found a way to run unsigned code, then yes. But for now, any knowledge going around is pure speculation at best, until we find documentation/proof that says otherwise.

Reactions: hhs

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
you guys are repeating crap we already argued over in the last thread about switching between modes for changing roms etc for those of you who are fixated at being lazy in not getting more than 1 microSD per flashcart.

Read pages 18-19 of the old thread that was locked.
http://gbatemp.net/threads/gateway-3ds-first-3ds-flash-card.348671/page-18

If you want an abridged version due to brain being full or something, vegetate on this video and imagine that it has a rewrite-able flash to load a 3DS game from the microSD.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
When it does get released, and doesn't have these features, that proves nothing. The point was never that it would have them, it was that it could in theory. So you'll have no reason to celebrate anyway.
In theory you could build a PS2 emulator for the DStwo, in practise not. There goes your point.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
In theory you could build a PS2 emulator for the DStwo, in practise not. There goes your point.
In theory you probably wouldn't have near enough RAM for something like that. And if something is possible in theory, it's usually possible in practice as well. Whether it will happen is a different matter entirely. Even if the PS2 emulator for the DS2 was possible in theory, it would be so slow it's useless, so no one will even try, so one doesn't exist in practice.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
But WiiUBricker, reflashable firmware and the ability to change the boot/read files around has been done on flash carts for years.

In practice, that is, in reality, that is, in the actual products that many of us use on a daily basis. Hell, would you like me to take pictures of my reflashable flash carts and record a video of file replacement and an update/flash in progress?

It's proven feasible and is done all the time. In fact, kernel/os/menu replacements for flashcarts are done by taking the new menu and renaming the boot file to the same as the old menu's boot file, which is the file on the MicroSD that the FPGA on the flash cart looks for and tries to boot first.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
And if something is possible in theory, it's usually possible in practice as well.
Eh, no.

Uh, no. But you clearly don't listen to reason and sense, so what's the point in trying to explain things?
What do you mean by reason and sense? A person who pirates roms claiming being not a pirate?:tpi:

But WiiUBricker, reflashable firmware and the ability to change the boot/read files around has been done on flash carts for years.

In practice, that is, in reality, that is, in the actual products that many of us use on a daily basis. Hell, would you like me to take pictures of my reflashable flash carts and record a video of file replacement and an update/flash in progress?

It's proven feasible and is done all the time. In fact, kernel/os/menu replacements for flashcarts are done by taking the new menu and renaming the boot file to the same as the old menu's boot file, which is the file on the MicroSD that the FPGA on the flash cart looks for and tries to boot first.
We are speaking about the gateway card only here.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
First you said that it's not possible. When proven wrong, you said it's not feasible. We're trying to explain to you that your statement that it's impossible is wrong because not only is it possible, but the basic concept is done all the time, which shows that yes it is feasible.

WiiUBricker, nobody's going to think worse of you for being wrong... but they ARE going to think worse of you for acting like this. :\

Admit when you're wrong and stop drawing out useless shit (or at least stop trying to defend your incorrect statements with useless goddamned repeat posts), I'm getting tired of it.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
First you said that it's not possible. When proven wrong, you said it's not feasible. We're trying to explain to you that your statement that it's impossible is wrong because not only is it possible, but the basic concept is done all the time, which shows that yes it is feasible.

WiiUBricker, nobody's going to think worse of you for being wrong... but they ARE going to think worse of you for acting like this. :\

Admit when you're wrong and stop drawing out useless shit (or at least stop trying to defend your incorrect statements with useless goddamned repeat posts), I'm getting tired of it.
Rydian, again with this you won't get anywhere near a psychplogy degree. Quit playing a psychologist who puts words in other people's mouth. I didn't say it's not possible and I didn't say it not feasible. I said it's not possible without a way to run unsigned 3DS code. How many times are you gonna make me repeat myself?

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Rydian, again with this you won't get anywhere near a psychplogy degree. Quit playing a psychologist who puts words in other people's mouth. I didn't say it's not possible and I didn't say it not feasible. I said it's not possible without a way to run unsigned 3DS code. How many times are you gonna make me repeat myself?
Exactly. We're telling you it is possible without a way to run unsigned 3DS code.

As for your remark about me "pirating ROMs and claiming not to be a pirate"; as I have explained before, I have only ever downloaded games I legally own. As I have also indicated in the past, I don't give a hoot if the law says that is technically illegal or not (from what I have seen elsewhere, it is not illegal in the UK, which is where I live). I do not believe there is a legal definition of "piracy", it is a colloquial term referring to copyright breach. So you cannot say "it is still piracy"; it is still illegal in some countries sure, but I don't believe it is here, and if it is, I don't care. Now please drop this and stop trying to use it every time you're trying to "prove" me wrong (when in fact, I am actually right).

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I said it's not possible without a way to run unsigned 3DS code.
Yes it is.

1. Rename the file on the MicroSD via DS-mode software. I named multiple scenarios where it's done in DS-mode. Do you want a video of me re-naming a file on the MicroSD in DS-mode? I'll even use multiple flash carts and DS-mode softwares to do it if you want.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MoonShell
    This is one of the most popular media players and file managers for the DS, working with files on the MicroSD.

2. The FPGA itself could do the renaming, internally, without any code running on the DS itself. The DSTwo is a prime example of the ability to run complex operations internally without the DS-side running any code, what with the SNES/GBA emulators... and also it's secondary ability to update it's own firmware without the DS actually needing to boot up the DSTwo (it simply needs to provide it power) or run any custom code at all on the DS/DSi/3DS.
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/getting-dstwo-to-work-on-3ds.314817/

And then there's info on how flash carts work in the first place on the DSi and 3DS, which is the FPGA getting certain instructions from the DS unit and then determining which type of unit it's been inserted into and giving difference responses based on that, which shows that even cheap basic-style DS flash carts can perform basic logic and vary the fake data that they feed to the unit before they're even run, meaning no code is running on the DS itself.
    http://hackmii.com/2010/02/lawsuit-coming-in-3-2-1/

You're trying to say a situation is impossible when I and other users do it all the goddamned time.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Again Rydian, we are fucking talking about this Gateway card, nothing else! Stop making comparisons to other cards. And stop bringing up the DS mode. I thought it was clear that you can do a DS homebrew that renames files on a micro SD card. Even if I am wrong, you can't be sure that DS mode is even available with the gateway. Obviously none of us know exactly how that thing works so all we can do is wait for its release.

@SifJar: Alright, you download roms from warez sites, participate in discussions about a warez device but you are not a pirate. Ya ok, keep believing this if it makes you happy.

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
Do anyone have a referral for the *snip* they can send me so I can sign up? :) Thank you in advance!

http://gbatemp.net/help/terms

Advertising & Requests

Members are not allowed to create topics or posts intended only to promote or advertise their own or any website(s) without staff permission. If permission is given members are required to provide the name of the staff member who allowed the advert in their post.

As long as the advert is non-obtrusive and does not contain links to warez of any kind, members may link to their own website, forum, or venture in their signature and profile ONLY.

Begging in the forums for anything is not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to: asking users to visit a website for the member to gain points/etc, begging to become a staff member, torrent invite, translation, and dump requests, and especially pyramid schemes; where you are asking members to help you out by registering places, visiting certain websites, etc.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Again Rydian, we are fucking talking about this Gateway card, nothing else! Stop making comparisons to other cards. And stop bringing up the DS mode. I thought it was clear that you can do a DS homebrew that renames files on a micro SD card. Even if I am wrong, you can't be sure that DS mode is even available with the gateway. Obviously none of us know exactly how that thing works so all we can do is wait for its release.

@SifJar: Alright, you download roms from warez sites, participate in discussions about a warez device but you are not a pirate. Ya ok, keep believing this if it makes you happy.

And why do you magically think the gateway works differently then every flashcart ever created for any system ever? That would be incredibly silly don't you think?

I admire Rydians patience, I really don't think he can make any more clear. The gateway itself might only initially run in 3ds mode, I will grant you that. But your argument as always been a Rom manager is impossible when it clearly isn't.

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Its not like the roms are hard to find, full set archive on ftp is only around 150gigs, which helps. I just downloaded nearly all euro ones that looked worth it, 87 = 63.7gigs, a simple google search of 3DSxxxx.rar where xxxx is rom number is more than sufficient

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I admire Rydians patience, I really don't think he can make any more clear. The gateway itself might only initially run in 3ds mode, I will grant you that. But your argument as always been a Rom manager is impossible when it clearly isn't.
Fuck, why does everyone who is contra my argument seem to not grasp the english language? I fucking didn't say it isn't possible. No, I just didn't. For the last time, it isn't possible without a way to run unsigned 3DS code. The next person who claims I said what I didn't is either incredible stupid or just a troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I might download rayman revolution for my ps3