Hacking GBA soft-reset not working on M3 DS Real Perfect

Digital1980

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Everyone,

I have been enjoying my new product very much. Although I am still a complete noob, I have still been able to access a few of the features. The emulators seem to be giving me difficulty which I will need to read up on a little more. Right now I am stuck on a part of the GBA feature. Games seem to play just fine, however, I am unable to choose the option for a soft-reset upon setup and I must power down my DS Lite every time I would like to exit a GBA game.

This problem ALSO applies to every homebrew application I have tried so far: DSOrganize, nesDS, snesDS (can't even get it to work), and Lick's Media Player that I can think of.

The only places soft-reset works is from the single player mode in a .NDS game backup or from the "moonshell" menu contained within the M3 Real? I tried to install Moonshell when I first started to set things up before I quickly realized The M3 Ds Real Perfect has it own built in media playing capabalities? Soft-reset and shutdown seems to work from accessing pictures, movies, and music in the upper left hand corner.

Things are constantly freezing up and locking up in various situations. I constantly power off my DS and power it back up. I am worried that I may be harming my DS by constantly doing this. Having the option to soft-reset would be a much better method I would assume?

Any information in understanding or solving any of these issues would be greatly appreciated! I keep searching for "guides" related to my specific issues but I have not found exactly what I'm looking for yet. Although I did find some good guides out there that would help others!
gbasp.gif

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's a bit late, but whatever
tongue.gif

Soft Resetting from a GBA Game will never work, because it can't switch back to DS mode.

It is possible to reset from DS homebrew. The M3 Real firmware needs to be executed.
To do this, you need to dump the M3 Real itself. Now you can load it from homebrew like DSOrganize, and it'll soft reset. It's also possible to rename it to SoftReset.M3DS and Rudolph's tools will be able to use it.

Digital1980

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not too late, thank you very much for the reply. This information just opened up a whole bunch of new doors for me.

Could you perhaps elaborate a bit more on what "DS mode" is and what is meant by "Dumping the M3 Real itself"

I researched Rudolph's tools a bit but still feel uncofortable with the terminology as I am not sure exactly what I am doing yet.

Which file would I need to rename SoftReset.M3DS in order for Rudolph's tools use.

Thanks again for the input!

Digital

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious