Homebrew GBARunner2

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean im just gonna assume what you meant by that question and sound stupid, but im just running the file directly off my r4
Then it sounds like you're using the flashcard kernel/firmware to run it.
Try installing TWiLight Menu++ on your R4, and then launch a GBA ROM with it to start GBARunner2 instead.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aight I’m late again but you were right! I put on TWiLight Menu ++ and now gbarunner works! but with pokemon. I know you already helped me figure out all the things that would do it, but the main reason I wanted to get this was for pokemon emerald. As a last thing, how can I get that to work?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aight I’m late again but you were right! I put on TWiLight Menu ++ and now gbarunner works! but with pokemon. I know you already helped me figure out all the things that would do it, but the main reason I wanted to get this was for pokemon emerald. As a last thing, how can I get that to work?
Did you install v26.0.0 of TWiLight Menu++?

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Welp once again the mandatory sorry for being so late, I do stuff during the day, and yes I just did. It still does not work. But ruby and fire red work.
Is v26.0.0 what's displayed in TWLMenu++ Settings? If so, then idk why it's not working.
It's possible the ROM is corrupted. If it works elsewhere, then try adding the GBA BIOS, if you haven't done so yet.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is v26.0.0 what's displayed in TWLMenu++ Settings? If so, then idk why it's not working.
It's possible the ROM is corrupted. If it works elsewhere, then try adding the GBA BIOS, if you haven't done so yet.
its 26.0.1, and I’ll try adding gba bios
Post automatically merged:

Well i guess i might just have to play ruby and sapphire instead

Last edited by Lolthisdoesnotworkforme,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UPDATE: well i put the gba bios directly into the _nds file, then directly loaded the rom without loading gbarunner2 first and then reset the rom. THEN and only then will the rom load. Of course! I should have known!

DudeManScott

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a Phat Nintendo DS with an R4 card that I am trying to play the Rom Hack - Ultra Violet on using
GBARunner2.NDS, game runs with no issues however I try to import my .SAV that was used/created on an Android Emulator and am having issues. The start menu sees my save/ stats, however when I try to load it comes up with a blank screen.

If I start a new game and create a save, I can reload that one no problem. I can upload the .sav if needed.

Any suggestions?

furbi963

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Try using the arm7 build, if the arm9 one didn't work.
Una pregunta las compilaciones de GBARunner2 en TWiLight Menu++ son las preliminares de GBARunner3 dado que ha mejorado muchísimo la compatibilidad y eso es extraño viendo que la última versión de GBARunner2 es de 2020 :teach:.... duda

One question the GBARunner2 compilations in TWiLight Menu++ are the GBARunner3 preliminaries since the compatibility has improved a lot and that is strange seeing that the latest version of GBARunner2 is from 2020 .... doubt :sp::teach:
Post automatically merged:

Try using the arm7 build, if the arm9 one didn't work.
Una pregunta las compilaciones de GBARunner2 en TWiLight Menu++ son las preliminares de GBARunner3 dado que ha mejorado muchísimo la compatibilidad y eso es extraño viendo que la última versión de GBARunner2 es de 2020 :teach:.... duda

One question the GBARunner2 compilations in TWiLight Menu++ are the GBARunner3 preliminaries since the compatibility has improved a lot and that is strange seeing that the latest version of GBARunner2 is from 2020 .... doubt :sp::teach:

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GBARunner3 repo is here, and is currently being worked on: https://github.com/Gericom/GBARunner3

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just made me a "GBA Macro" and I'm trying this GBA Runner 2.
I've been out of the DS Scene since 2012 or so... so I'm sorry if this is a noob question.

Out of my ROMS, none is working, despite being listed with GREEN in the compatibily list.

Am I doing something wrong?

I'm using an R4i-SDHC and the version I'm using is GameboyRunner 2 arm7.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just made me a "GBA Macro" and I'm trying this GBA Runner 2.
I've been out of the DS Scene since 2012 or so... so I'm sorry if this is a noob question.

Out of my ROMS, none is working, despite being listed with GREEN in the compatibily list.

Am I doing something wrong?

I'm using an R4i-SDHC and the version I'm using is GameboyRunner 2 arm7.
Have you tried the arm9 build as well?
If so, and the games still don't work, then have you tried launching the GBA ROMs using the TWiLight Menu++ GUI?

SylverReZ

Certified GBATemp Boomer
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Here are some issues that I've had with some games:

Sonic Advance 1+2 (USA) = freezes on highscore table?
Crash Bandicoot: The New Adventure (USA) = freezes on copyright screen as if the cartridge was removed
Wario Land 4 (USA) = freezes on a white screen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Giganutz