GBAtemp Game of Year 2015 - FINAL ROUND

gbatemp_goty_2015.png

GBAtemp GotY 2015 - FINAL ROUND

Welcome to the final round of the first GBAtemp game of the year vote!
Originally 50 titles were added to the poll, now just 8 remain.
Which title will become victorious? Please cast your vote for the final round! Voting closes one week from today.

:arrow:Round 1 Results
:arrow:Round 2 Results

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Still sucks how splatoon is winning just because this is gbatemp :unsure:
People is upset because this game is really fun and is a WiiU exclusive.

If it was multiplatform though...

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Playing the first one was enough for me, but I'll give XC-X a go once it's in the bargain bin. I'm okay with voting for Nintendo games, they just haven't released any good ones this year. If this was a Zelda U or a new Metroid Prime then maybe we could have a discussion, but their 2015 offering was just sub-par. Your approach is something that I see online all the time - the inability to disconfirm. In short, you guys have invested so much time, money and spare time into Nintendo products that you've elevated the company to a God, you're practically worshipping it. Nintendo can't possibly do any wrong, otherwise it'd render your sacrifice meaningless, thus you go the defensive route and decry any dissenting opinions. If you find me saying that things like Mario Maker have nothing on games that blur the lines between entertainment and work of art like The Witcher 3 or Fallout 4 then sorry buddy, but you're wearing blinders. It's simply a no-contest situation, half of those Nintendo titles don't even belong on this list and are only there because a massive following of zelaots wouldn't have it any other way - that's just me stating my opinion, you can disagree with it, but you'll have to try harder to disprove it. If you're looking for a Safe Space where Big N isn't criticized and sits comfortably on a pedestal then you've taken a wrong turn on your way to Nintendo.com. No offense man, it's just the way I feel about the current vote spread - you're free to disagree. ;)
I do understand your feeling and I agree with you to a certain level ... but it's not a reason to insult 62.5% of the voters (not including the ppl that would've voted for Xeno X if it was released earlier) .. I wouldn't do that and I'm not a staff here :P. I actually voted for Bloodborne but seriously, this site has GBA in the title and you know most of the threads are Nintendo related so it's safe to say that a lot of ppl are here because they love Nintendo games and a lot of ppl probably don't even have a PS4 or XBone so It's obvious that they will vote for the game they play and love even if it doesn't have the amount of content that MGV or Witcher 3 has. They just vote for the game they had most fun with this year even if you think they suck ... hell I think COD and GTA suck but they're still the best selling games in the world :P That being said, I think you should give Xeno X a try even if you didn't like the 1st one ... the world is 3x bigger than the Witcher 3 and has the most beautiful and original world I've seen so far ... It doesn't look like a medieval version of Canada and it doesn't have a freakin Dog in it!! Honestly though, I understand if huge worlds with complex mechanics and japanese art style is not your thing, but if you like open world RPG you should at least try it :)

Reactions: Xenon Hacks

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
If the pole was done on any other site splatoon would be crushed by bloodborne,fallout 4,MGSV, and Witcher 3.
Maybe, maybe not.

Unless you could prove me this statement.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I do understand your feeling and I agree with you to a certain level ... but it's not a reason to insult 62.5% of the voters (not including the ppl that would've voted for Xeno X if it was released earlier) .. I wouldn't do that and I'm not a staff here :P. I actually voted for Bloodborne but seriously, this site has GBA in the title and you know most of the threads are Nintendo related so it's safe to say that a lot of ppl are here because they love Nintendo games and a lot of ppl probably don't even have a PS4 or XBone so It's obvious that they will vote for the game they play and love even if it doesn't have the amount of content that MGV or Witcher 3 has. They just vote for the game they had most fun with this year even if you think they suck ... hell I think COD and GTA suck but they're still the best selling games in the world :P That being said, I think you should give Xeno X a try even if you didn't like the 1st one ... the world is 3x bigger than the Witcher 3 and has the most beautiful and original world I've seen so far ... It doesn't look like a medieval version of Canada and it doesn't have a freakin Dog in it!! Honestly though, I understand if huge worlds with complex mechanics and japanese art style is not your thing, but if you like open world RPG you should at least try it :)
That's not my issue - I have a sinking feeling that some games are not getting the votes they clearly deserve because they weren't released on the Wii U/3DS, and even if they were, they'd still suffer due to brand loyalty overshadowing quality - it's a problem third-parties always suffered from on Big N's machines. That's a subject for a longer discussion though, so I won't elaborate on it here. I don't think anyone should feel insulted for having their votes questioned - they should feel ashamed and embarrassed for voting wrong. :P Seriously though, games aren't serious business and getting upset over them is pretty silly. As for my problem with XC, I didn't like it not because I don't like JRPG's, but because I found it boring, repetitive, uninspired, derrivative and poorly constructed. I suspect XC-X will be similar in those respects, but I won't judge it before I play it - I just won't pay full price for a game I expect to be inferior, either. Nintendo products do not get a free pass from scrutiny here just because we have "GBA" in the name, we can't afford to wear blinders *specifically* because of our function as staff members, it'd be unfair to our users. Imagine if Temp reporters gave every Nintendo game a 10/10, even if it's bad - what'd be the point of our work or the benefit from reading our content? Sometimes we as fans have to give Big N a hard time, but that's because we love'em and want them to improve - it's not that outlandish of a concept. I don't like the idea of awards and accolades for trying - only winners get to take the cup home, that's my philosophy. ;)

Reactions: Xenon Hacks
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hey, with my vote, now Undertale has the same amount of Splatoon! Which is fine for me, I like both games.

Can't we end the poll now and make those two games the winners? :P

Rob Blou

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That's not my issue - I have a sinking feeling that some games are not getting the votes they clearly deserve because they weren't released on the Wii U/3DS, and even if they were, they'd still suffer due to brand loyalty overshadowing quality - it's a problem third-parties always suffered from on Big N's machines. That's a subject for a longer discussion though, so I won't elaborate on it here. I don't think anyone should feel insulted for having their votes questioned - they should feel ashamed and embarrased for voting wrong. :P Seriously though, games aren't serious business and getting upset over them is pretty silly. As for my problem with XC, I didn't like it not because I don't like JRPG's but because I found it boring, repetitive, uninspired, derrivative and poorly constructed. I suspect XC-X will be similar in those respects, but I won't judge it before I play it - I just won't pay full price for a game I expect to be inferior, either. Nintendo products do not get a free pass from scrutiny here just because we have "GBA" in the name, we can't afford to wear blinders here, it'd be unfair to our users. Imagine if Temp reporters gave every Nintendo game a 10/10, even if it's bad - what'd be the point of our work or the benefit from reading our content? Sometimes we as fans have to give Big N a hard time, but that's because we love'em and want them to improve - it's not that outlandish of a concept. I don't like the idea of awards and accolades for trying - only winners get to take the cup home, that's my philosophy. ;)
Once again I understand but ppl won't vote for games they haven't played and this was expected ... This poll on NeoGAF would be a lot less biased that's for sure. I released an iOS game that I feel is 10x better than flappy bird .. however flappy bird generated 50 000$ per day while my game generated 4$ so far :P

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hey, with my vote, now Undertale has the same amount of Splatoon! Which is fine for me, I like both games. Can't we end the poll now and make those two games the winners? :P
The fact that the poll is stymied between Undertale, an indie pseudo-retro (aren't we all sick of this style yet? It's so played out) RPG derrivative of Earthbound, a game I don't even like in the first place, and Splatoon, a politically correct shooter Nintendo desperately concocted in a bid to fill in the Wii U's void in the multiplayer action genre, designed in a way that offends noone (because they keep rebounding into kiddie territory despite claiming otherwise, the mature market is too competitive) already makes me feel massively disconnected from reality, I can only hope the situation improves. To be fair though, out of the two, Splatoon takes the cake - it's super-fun, but GOTY? Not even close.
Once again I understand but ppl won't vote for games they haven't played and this was expected ... This poll on NeoGAF would be a lot less biased that's for sure. I released an iOS game that I feel is 10x better than flappy bird .. however flappy bird generated 50 000$ per day while my game generated 4$ so far :P
NeoGAF is to gaming what salmonella is to fine dining - nothing tells you that you've eaten a questionable meal better than a sudden and unexpected leakage that you just can't stop. :rofl2: As for Flappy Bird, I WILL FITE U IRL, HOW DARE YOU BADMOUTH THE BEAST GAEM AVER? /s :P

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Why can't I view the results without voting? Of this list, I've only played mario maker for about an hour, after which I decided it's not my thing. I don't want to vote on games I haven't played, and I certainly don't want to blindly follow reviews and marketing.

Bloodborne: so the setting's different, but it bears the aesthetics of dark souls (meaning: it's extremely hard...yes?)
Fallout 4: will no doubt get it at some point, but aside from building stuff (of which I don't know if it has any point to begin with), the only changes since 3 are dumbed down a bit. Sure, some are enthusiast about it being more FPS-like, but I liked 1 and 2.
Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain: this screams "for the fans" all over. Also...why is everything bad attributed to konami (like that ground zeroes thing) and everything good to Kojima?
Splatoon: I admit I'm intrigued. At the very least, it's a different spin on the competitive multiplayer shooter theme (assuming you can pronounce 'competitive multiplayer' and 'nintendo' in one sentence).
Super Mario Maker: it's an editor. I guess you have to be into this like one might be 'into' simulations. I personally rather play than build platformers.
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D: why is this even on this list? It's a freakin' remake that was a "love it or hate it" game to begin with.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt: would have gotten my vote, but I haven't played it yet (heck...I can't even find the time to install, let alone play, the second one)
Undertale: so someone made a GOOD earthbound clone? Okay, that's fine...but I feel like the entire thing gets hyped too much. Curious to see if it'll be remembered next year.

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Why can't I view the results without voting? Of this list, I've only played mario maker for about an hour, after which I decided it's not my thing. I don't want to vote on games I haven't played, and I certainly don't want to blindly follow reviews and marketing.
You can't view the results without voting to encourage more votes and to discourage people just copying whatever is currently winning. If you don't want to vote you can see the results when the poll ends Dec 21, 2015 at 9:03 AM.

Reactions: shaunj66

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You can't view the results without voting to encourage more votes and to discourage people just copying whatever is currently winning. If you don't want to vote you can see the results when the poll ends Dec 21, 2015 at 9:03 AM.
Good point. Thanks for the notification. I'll wait a bit, then. :)

Daggot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I voted for Bloodborne. Its great fun! I should be a bit salty about it right now though because the old hunters expansion is currently giving me a workout.

Reactions: T-hug

manpaint

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Splatoon for me even if i have just only play the demo.
Mario maker is not a game is just a mix of lunar magic and reggie selled for 60 bucks
Undertale: this game suck (especially the ost omg is so horribe) and is also devlopped with gamemaker :/

StriderVM

Trophies
XP
Country
Whatever game wins..... I don't care.... I mean I don't get money from all of this..... XD

It's just a poll. (Similar to the GameFAQs thing) it isn't really indicative of anything. Your gaming experiences are only yours. ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: America ya~