TheRocK

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey guys, i'm a fan of since site nearly since it was created, and even though i don't have that many posts i'm still a big fan!
And it came to my mind that the site would be even cooler with a podcast of you guys talking about the newest Roms and stuff. I would do it myself but i'm german and my english ain't that good, so i just suggest it to you!
What do you guys think about it?! Maybe you thought about it before, but still i'd really love to hear a podcast from my favourite site!

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I don't see the need for it personally but I wouldn't put a stop to it happening (not that I could anyway
tongue.gif
)

decript

A melon a day, keeps t3h monkey away
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It would be kind of interesting. Audio reviews of flashcarts or opinions of the latest pirate news.
Even mini reviews of games would be cool.
Can't really see it happening though.

TheRocK

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
There actually is a nice cast about something similar... but it's more about homebrew and that stuff... which is also cool don't get me wrong but i would like to see a podcast more focused on the games.
( -> homebrewcast.com )

enarky

owls?
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Why would anyone want to listen to talk about days old games when you can quite conveniently try them yourself when they are released? I'd much rather talk about them myself if I had to say anything about them, but that's what GBATemp forums are already about, isn't it?

Having only audio makes little sense when you talk about games, too, IMHO. And your limited to audio with a podcast, unlike a blog, where you could post screenshots, too.

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
^ That's more of less what I was saying. I just don't see what a podcast can offer us that doesn't already exit on the forums.

TheRocK

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It's really a difference if you listen to people and their opinions instead of reading something about a game... and not everyone can try out the games, plus why would you want to try out every game?! A blog is really more up to date... but this is entertainment we talk about. A Podcast would be nice enhancement to the site. I'm not saying it would replace anything. There could be so many things done on a Podcast like other People say their opinions to a specific topic or about a specific game. Also Podcasts and Videocasts are the future. Why not give it a try? I think people will like it.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I admit it would be fun, but I can't see it happening at the moment. All the staff live in many different timezones and we'd have to get together using delayed skype chat. That doesn't make for a very fluid conversational podcast.

If we could all get together in the same room like the GoNintendo podcast that would be great, but it's not going to happen.

mthrnite

So it goes.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
I'd love it. shaunj66 & Costello as hosts?
biggrin.gif

Don't know how you'd fit the Testing Area in there...
wink.gif

Certainly some gossip content in Off-Topic Chat.
... I volunteer to phone in an Ann Landers column!
(Dear Mother)
laugh.gif

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
I think the question is "how many people would actually be interested?" It's a good idea if there's enough demand for it, but there's no point putting loads of work in if only The_Rock and 3 other people are going to listen regularly.
smile.gif
(not counting those who just listen to the first two out of curiosity).

Podcasts haven't really taken off as much as people expected, so it could be more of a minority interest. Maybe better reserved for special occasions (such as Opium's DS-Lite review video) than as a weekly thing.

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
My vote would be for the special occasion thing too. Like the hand-on Wii thing. I woulda loved to rather hear it than read it....I dont like reading. The words dont stay still long enough... >.>

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'd love it. shaunj66 & Costello as hosts?
biggrin.gif

Don't know how you'd fit the Testing Area in there...
wink.gif

Certainly some gossip content in Off-Topic Chat.
... I volunteer to phone in an Ann Landers column!
(Dear Mother)
laugh.gif
Maybe we could organize a half official podcast in the testing forum? If we could record it over Skype or Google Talk some time on the weekend I'd be willing to contribute some German-accent-talking...
biggrin.gif
Just need to check if my mircophone is up to the job. Could be some fun.
yaynds.gif

MR_COW

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nooo, look.

If you would like to do a podcast, contact me at [email protected] . I have a site, RSS feed, listeners, free bandwidth, and a reliable name you can use. Email me and I will give you instructions on how to record, there is no easy way. Like a record button on skype or something.

wohoo

Trophies
XP
Country
hahaha! it would be really fun
tongue.gif
i would listen to it on the weekends
tongue.gif

oh! you shuld have a ventrilo server open where you could talk to all the other cool guys here too
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV8dBxGdNxk